I will be spending 6 nights in the Phuket area in January. I am looking for suggestions on where to stay. My top priority is a stunning beach (not overrun with tourists), but I don't want to be completely isolated either. I also want to do multiple day or overnight trips to Similan Islands, Koh Phi Phi and other surrounding areas; so I don't want to be on an island that would make that impossible or ridiculously expensive (because of remote location). Can anyone suggest anything in the Phuket/Krabi areas that would work? I am willing to splurge but don't want to spend more than $500-$600/night; if absolutely worth it, might consider more. We are also planning on renting a car, so driving to the ultimate destination is no problem -- e.g. Krabi. Thanks in advance for the help!
SIX NIGHTS IN PHUKET - PLS HELP
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Jakarta or Kuala Lumpor
- 2 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 3 flight details from Chicago area to BKK
- 4 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 5 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 6 Travel during China national week?
- 7 Don't use World Expeditions
- 8 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 9 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 10 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 11 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 12 Affordable accommodation in Yangon near Sule Pagoda
- 13 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 14 3 days in Teheran
- 15 Destination Bangkok, again
- 16 Trip Report and Diary - Tokyo in 7 Days
- 17 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 18 Bangkok - Weekend train excursion to Kanchanaburi and/or Nam Tok
- 19 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 20 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 21 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 22 Favorite travel apps?
- 23 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 24 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 25 Foreign currency