I will be spending 6 nights in the Phuket area in January. I am looking for suggestions on where to stay. My top priority is a stunning beach (not overrun with tourists), but I don't want to be completely isolated either. I also want to do multiple day or overnight trips to Similan Islands, Koh Phi Phi and other surrounding areas; so I don't want to be on an island that would make that impossible or ridiculously expensive (because of remote location). Can anyone suggest anything in the Phuket/Krabi areas that would work? I am willing to splurge but don't want to spend more than $500-$600/night; if absolutely worth it, might consider more. We are also planning on renting a car, so driving to the ultimate destination is no problem -- e.g. Krabi. Thanks in advance for the help!
SIX NIGHTS IN PHUKET - PLS HELP
- 1 Need help rounding out China itinerary
- 2 Eight Days Solo in Burma
- 3 Our favorite Bali -- Ubud, Amed, Seminyak, Pemuteran – 2012
- 4 Best beach to stay at in Phuket?
- 5 I (HEART) HONG KONG
- 6 China 2013 - 17 Days, 7 Airlines, 12 Flights, 21,206 Miles
- 7 NYT article in drop in women traveling to India
- 8 package tours to thailand, flying from us
- 9 First-timer seeks weather/sight advice for Thailand, Vietnam, Nepal
- 10 Food in Uzbekistan
- 11 Sri Lanka itinerary help needed
- 12 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 13 Which hotel in Bangkok?
- 14 Train Fares in Japan
- 15 First trip to China - Itinerary advice please!
- 16 Firefly airlines - reliable and safe?
- 17 Train questions for November Japan trip
- 18 Udaipur, India
- 19 SEA Honeymoon - Feedback please!
- 20 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 21 vaccines for vietnam I'm leaving soon !
- 22 Independence Day (Hari Merdeka) 2013
- 23 independent travel in India
- 24 Four Seasons Golden Triangle
- 25 Trip Report - 5 1/2 days in Luang Prabang