I will be spending 6 nights in the Phuket area in January. I am looking for suggestions on where to stay. My top priority is a stunning beach (not overrun with tourists), but I don't want to be completely isolated either. I also want to do multiple day or overnight trips to Similan Islands, Koh Phi Phi and other surrounding areas; so I don't want to be on an island that would make that impossible or ridiculously expensive (because of remote location). Can anyone suggest anything in the Phuket/Krabi areas that would work? I am willing to splurge but don't want to spend more than $500-$600/night; if absolutely worth it, might consider more. We are also planning on renting a car, so driving to the ultimate destination is no problem -- e.g. Krabi. Thanks in advance for the help!
SIX NIGHTS IN PHUKET - PLS HELP
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need help planning a trip to Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam
- 2 Stop-over in Seoul
- 3 Sri Lanka itinerary-please critic
- 4 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 5 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 6 Bali in begging of July
- 7 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 8 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 9 Bali - January 2015
- 10 Hiring a car and driver in Bali
- 11 Taken to the police station for not carrying documents... please, help!
- 12 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 13 meeting at beijing airport
- 14 One week in Tokyo
- 15 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 16 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 17 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 18 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 19 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 20 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 21 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 22 Hotel in Singapore
- 23 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 24 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 25 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,