I will be spending 6 nights in the Phuket area in January. I am looking for suggestions on where to stay. My top priority is a stunning beach (not overrun with tourists), but I don't want to be completely isolated either. I also want to do multiple day or overnight trips to Similan Islands, Koh Phi Phi and other surrounding areas; so I don't want to be on an island that would make that impossible or ridiculously expensive (because of remote location). Can anyone suggest anything in the Phuket/Krabi areas that would work? I am willing to splurge but don't want to spend more than $500-$600/night; if absolutely worth it, might consider more. We are also planning on renting a car, so driving to the ultimate destination is no problem -- e.g. Krabi. Thanks in advance for the help!
SIX NIGHTS IN PHUKET - PLS HELP
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam Visa on Arrival
- 2 Two questions about Thailand
- 3 50+ travelling solo in Vietnam - where to stay in Hanoi
- 4 Six hours in Seoul, Korea
- 5 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 6 china
- 7 Sri Lanka trip Sept 2014
- 8 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 9 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 10 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 11 Mid Dec trip - Trying to plan alone **Feedback please****
- 12 Sapphire princess cruise from Singapore
- 13 THAILAND** Redone based on feedback dropped agent trying to do it myself
- 14 New airport in Mumbai
- 15 Advice me to select saving plans in terms of free roaming
- 16 South East Asia
- 17 Driving in Laos
- 18 One week in Tokyo
- 19 Agent to book domestic Nepal flights
- 20 Ideal itereneray for Nepal
- 21 Where to next after watching Nanjing 2014 YOG
- 22 Overnight layover/transit in PEK or Shanghai WITHOUT a visa?
- 23 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 24 5 days booked in Ubud - would you spend one at the Writer's festival?
- 25 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions