I will be spending 6 nights in the Phuket area in January. I am looking for suggestions on where to stay. My top priority is a stunning beach (not overrun with tourists), but I don't want to be completely isolated either. I also want to do multiple day or overnight trips to Similan Islands, Koh Phi Phi and other surrounding areas; so I don't want to be on an island that would make that impossible or ridiculously expensive (because of remote location). Can anyone suggest anything in the Phuket/Krabi areas that would work? I am willing to splurge but don't want to spend more than $500-$600/night; if absolutely worth it, might consider more. We are also planning on renting a car, so driving to the ultimate destination is no problem -- e.g. Krabi. Thanks in advance for the help!
SIX NIGHTS IN PHUKET - PLS HELP
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 2 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 3 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 4 vietnam and laos
- 5 My SEA trip - photos update
- 6 Nepal- recipe?
- 7 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 8 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 9 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 10 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 11 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 12 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 13 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 14 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 15 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 16 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 17 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 18 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 19 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 20 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 21 Connaught Place
- 22 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 23 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 24 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 25 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?