Mid-March 2015, We're taking a 2 week cruise that leaves from Singapore and ends up in India (Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Phuket, Myanmar (2 nights), Cochin (Kerala), Mangalore & Mumbai)
and I'd like to tack on something easy before we leave. I've never been to Singapore, but to my ignorant mind, I'm thinking 3 nights/2 days there might be enough. (Let me know if I'm wrong)
I'd like to go to a beautiful tropical island, as I was really hoping to add the Maldives at the end of the trip, but it's too complicated….and we need to see more of India, as well.
So, I was considering Langkawi….or Borneo (Malaysia part)….or some other island not too difficult to get to.
Originally, I was thinking Koh Samui, but with the current trouble in Thailand, I'm not inclined to go there. I'd love to hear your suggestions….should we just stay in Singapore?
Singapore & what else? Beachy island?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hanoi driver wanted
- 2 Your favorites in south India & places you'd probably not recommend
- 3 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 4 vietnam and laos
- 5 Buying loose sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 6 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 7 2nd location on the beach
- 8 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO
- 9 Safe to buy Sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 10 Thailand - Food recos
- 11 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 12 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 13 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 14 Laos for the backpacker
- 15 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 16 Single parent traveling to Thailand with a 4-yo son
- 17 Amazing Samurai Armor Exhibition
- 18 Thailand Hotel
- 19 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 20 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 21 Honeymoon in Thailand
- 22 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 23 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 24 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 25 Elephants in Northern Thailand