Mid-March 2015, We're taking a 2 week cruise that leaves from Singapore and ends up in India (Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Phuket, Myanmar (2 nights), Cochin (Kerala), Mangalore & Mumbai)
and I'd like to tack on something easy before we leave. I've never been to Singapore, but to my ignorant mind, I'm thinking 3 nights/2 days there might be enough. (Let me know if I'm wrong)
I'd like to go to a beautiful tropical island, as I was really hoping to add the Maldives at the end of the trip, but it's too complicated….and we need to see more of India, as well.
So, I was considering Langkawi….or Borneo (Malaysia part)….or some other island not too difficult to get to.
Originally, I was thinking Koh Samui, but with the current trouble in Thailand, I'm not inclined to go there. I'd love to hear your suggestions….should we just stay in Singapore?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 2 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 3 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 4 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 5 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 6 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 7 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 8 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 9 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 10 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 11 November, March, June... Japan?
- 12 Itinerary Help Japan
- 13 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 14 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 15 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 16 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 17 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 18 Silk Road Tour - China
- 19 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 20 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 21 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 22 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 23 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 24 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 25 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017