Mid-March 2015, We're taking a 2 week cruise that leaves from Singapore and ends up in India (Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Phuket, Myanmar (2 nights), Cochin (Kerala), Mangalore & Mumbai)
and I'd like to tack on something easy before we leave. I've never been to Singapore, but to my ignorant mind, I'm thinking 3 nights/2 days there might be enough. (Let me know if I'm wrong)
I'd like to go to a beautiful tropical island, as I was really hoping to add the Maldives at the end of the trip, but it's too complicated….and we need to see more of India, as well.
So, I was considering Langkawi….or Borneo (Malaysia part)….or some other island not too difficult to get to.
Originally, I was thinking Koh Samui, but with the current trouble in Thailand, I'm not inclined to go there. I'd love to hear your suggestions….should we just stay in Singapore?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 2 Best Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 3 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 4 Visiting China - must be tour
- 5 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 6 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 7 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 8 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 9 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 10 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 11 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 12 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 13 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 14 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 15 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 16 An island paradise?
- 17 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 18 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 19 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 20 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 21 Budget accommodation in Krabi and Phi Phi island??
- 22 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 23 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 24 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 25 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong