Instead of adding to another thread of mine, I'm starting a new one to ask these two questions:
I’m a tennis junkie and I’ll be in Singapore all of next week during the first week of Australian Open. I will be staying with relatives and on days when I sense that they don’t feel like doing touristy things with me, I’d like to be able to suggest going to a sports bar instead where I can watch tennis (instead of staying home to watch it). Any suggestions on cool sports bars?
Also, if I can only have one excursion away from Singapore, where should I go? I’m thinking it has to be a day excursion. My cousin has kids who are in school, so I can’t reasonably expect her to accompany me on an overnight excursion somewhere. Do I go Pulau Ubin or Johor? Or is it worth it to travel by train to Kualua Lumpur (or any further-up-north-of-Johor destination) early and come back on the late train? Is there much to see by way of countryside during that train ride?
Thanks again !!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 CANON printer 1:888:482:3831 installations CONTACT ☎ CANON TEC*h 24*7
- 2 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 3 Hotel in Hanoi
- 4 Trekking outside Sapa
- 5 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 6 Hoi Ann hotel
- 7 Place to stay Hue
- 8 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 9 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 10 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 11 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 12 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 13 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 14 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 15 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 16 Go to Pai or not?
- 17 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 18 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
- 19 Thai Island Itinerary
- 20 Thailand
- 21 Aomori to Hirosaki
- 22 Asian Pillows
- 23 Floods in North and Central Vietnam
- 24 North Korea Day Trip
- 25 36 Hours in Manila with a Baby and Seeking Hotel Recommendations