Instead of adding to another thread of mine, I'm starting a new one to ask these two questions:
I’m a tennis junkie and I’ll be in Singapore all of next week during the first week of Australian Open. I will be staying with relatives and on days when I sense that they don’t feel like doing touristy things with me, I’d like to be able to suggest going to a sports bar instead where I can watch tennis (instead of staying home to watch it). Any suggestions on cool sports bars?
Also, if I can only have one excursion away from Singapore, where should I go? I’m thinking it has to be a day excursion. My cousin has kids who are in school, so I can’t reasonably expect her to accompany me on an overnight excursion somewhere. Do I go Pulau Ubin or Johor? Or is it worth it to travel by train to Kualua Lumpur (or any further-up-north-of-Johor destination) early and come back on the late train? Is there much to see by way of countryside during that train ride?
Thanks again !!
Singapore sports bars & one excursion
- 1 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 2 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 3 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 4 South East Asia
- 5 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 6 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 7 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 8 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 9 Anyone in Bangkok
- 10 Travel Insurance
- 11 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 12 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 13 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 14 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 15 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 16 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 17 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 18 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 19 1 week Philippines
- 20 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 21 Japan: best time to go?
- 22 Magical India
- 23 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 24 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 25 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!