Instead of adding to another thread of mine, I'm starting a new one to ask these two questions:
I’m a tennis junkie and I’ll be in Singapore all of next week during the first week of Australian Open. I will be staying with relatives and on days when I sense that they don’t feel like doing touristy things with me, I’d like to be able to suggest going to a sports bar instead where I can watch tennis (instead of staying home to watch it). Any suggestions on cool sports bars?
Also, if I can only have one excursion away from Singapore, where should I go? I’m thinking it has to be a day excursion. My cousin has kids who are in school, so I can’t reasonably expect her to accompany me on an overnight excursion somewhere. Do I go Pulau Ubin or Johor? Or is it worth it to travel by train to Kualua Lumpur (or any further-up-north-of-Johor destination) early and come back on the late train? Is there much to see by way of countryside during that train ride?
Thanks again !!
Singapore sports bars & one excursion
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 2 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 3 Indonesia - 1 month itinerary
- 4 Myanmar: Anyone traveled to Mrauk U ?
- 5 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 6 Tokyo to Takayama with transit in Matsumoto in one day
- 7 India - 2 Days only
- 8 Malaysian honeymoon
- 9 China with Collette Tours
- 10 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 11 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 12 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 13 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 15 Beach selection in Thailand
- 16 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 17 Burma river cruise
- 18 hotel Paradise Island in Bentota, Sri Lanka toxic hepatitis.
- 19 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 20 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 21 Red River Delta in Viet Nam: A Good Idea for a Day Trip from Hanoi?
- 22 Travel during China national week?
- 23 My trip report from the Philippines
- 24 Exploring Thailand
- 25 Air Asia package from Koh Lipe to Bangkok