Instead of adding to another thread of mine, I'm starting a new one to ask these two questions:
I’m a tennis junkie and I’ll be in Singapore all of next week during the first week of Australian Open. I will be staying with relatives and on days when I sense that they don’t feel like doing touristy things with me, I’d like to be able to suggest going to a sports bar instead where I can watch tennis (instead of staying home to watch it). Any suggestions on cool sports bars?
Also, if I can only have one excursion away from Singapore, where should I go? I’m thinking it has to be a day excursion. My cousin has kids who are in school, so I can’t reasonably expect her to accompany me on an overnight excursion somewhere. Do I go Pulau Ubin or Johor? Or is it worth it to travel by train to Kualua Lumpur (or any further-up-north-of-Johor destination) early and come back on the late train? Is there much to see by way of countryside during that train ride?
Thanks again !!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 2 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 3 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 4 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 5 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 6 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 7 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 8 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 9 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 10 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 11 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 12 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 13 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 14 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 15 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 16 A great trip in India
- 17 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 18 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 19 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 20 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 21 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 22 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 23 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 24 Sulawesi
- 25 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?