Instead of adding to another thread of mine, I'm starting a new one to ask these two questions:
I’m a tennis junkie and I’ll be in Singapore all of next week during the first week of Australian Open. I will be staying with relatives and on days when I sense that they don’t feel like doing touristy things with me, I’d like to be able to suggest going to a sports bar instead where I can watch tennis (instead of staying home to watch it). Any suggestions on cool sports bars?
Also, if I can only have one excursion away from Singapore, where should I go? I’m thinking it has to be a day excursion. My cousin has kids who are in school, so I can’t reasonably expect her to accompany me on an overnight excursion somewhere. Do I go Pulau Ubin or Johor? Or is it worth it to travel by train to Kualua Lumpur (or any further-up-north-of-Johor destination) early and come back on the late train? Is there much to see by way of countryside during that train ride?
Thanks again !!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Terracotta Warriors
- 2 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 3 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 4 hiking japan sept
- 5 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 6 The best way to My Son
- 7 Japan Itinerary!
- 8 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 9 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 10 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 11 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 12 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 13 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 14 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 15 Japan rough itinerary
- 16 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 17 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 18 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 19 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 20 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 21 shanghai for 4 days
- 22 Budget Servied Apt
- 23 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 25 Himeji Castle - luggage storage