Myself and my girlfriend are planning 3 weeks holiday in Malaysia and Thailand in January. We'll be starting in Singapore, as we will have been staying with my uncle there after my New Years Eve gig in Hong Kong (nice work if you can get it!) - after that we can do what we like in 3 weeks. I thought we'd probably travel mostly by rail through Malaysia and Thailand, spending plenty of time enjoying the beaches as well as the rainforest etc. Guessing its probably best to work our way up to Bangkok and fly back from there but I'm open to suggestions.
We have a reasonable budget so don't need to scrimp too much, we'd like a reasonably laid back and comfortable time while still taking in the landscape and culture of Malaysia and Thailand. I heard the "jungle railway" is a really amazing trip, but does it go to the side of the peninsula that's best to visit? Or is it worth doing for its own sake? Someone mentioned the east side in January is too rainy, is this true?
Would like to do the following - beaches, islands, boat trips/rafting, snorkelling, seeing the rainforest (no long treks though) and anything else that you can recommend!!! Not really interested in shopping, spending too much time in the cities, or partying (well maybe a little).
We'd really appreciate suggestions, ideas and even whole itineraries!! How much time should we spend in each place, which rail routes are best, how to get to the islands etc.
Thanks in advance for your help - we're currently excited but a bit clueless!
Jamie and Lou
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 게임몽게임 ◐ 도메인 :【＂P T S 2 9.c o m＂】
- 2 스위피릴게임 ◐ 도메인 :【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 3 스위피 ≪ 접속주소 :【＂P T S 2 9.c o m＂】
- 4 currency conversion
- 5 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 6 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 7 Help - India take 2
- 8 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 9 50th Anniversary trip
- 10 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 11 CNX late arrival?
- 12 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 13 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 14 The truth about elephant tourism
- 15 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 16 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 17 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 18 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 19 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 20 is this a good travel plan?
- 21 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 22 Phenom Penh
- 23 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 24 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 25 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
Singapore-Malaysia-Thailand in 3 weeks - itinerary help please!