Myself and my girlfriend are planning 3 weeks holiday in Malaysia and Thailand in January. We'll be starting in Singapore, as we will have been staying with my uncle there after my New Years Eve gig in Hong Kong (nice work if you can get it!) - after that we can do what we like in 3 weeks. I thought we'd probably travel mostly by rail through Malaysia and Thailand, spending plenty of time enjoying the beaches as well as the rainforest etc. Guessing its probably best to work our way up to Bangkok and fly back from there but I'm open to suggestions.
We have a reasonable budget so don't need to scrimp too much, we'd like a reasonably laid back and comfortable time while still taking in the landscape and culture of Malaysia and Thailand. I heard the "jungle railway" is a really amazing trip, but does it go to the side of the peninsula that's best to visit? Or is it worth doing for its own sake? Someone mentioned the east side in January is too rainy, is this true?
Would like to do the following - beaches, islands, boat trips/rafting, snorkelling, seeing the rainforest (no long treks though) and anything else that you can recommend!!! Not really interested in shopping, spending too much time in the cities, or partying (well maybe a little).
We'd really appreciate suggestions, ideas and even whole itineraries!! How much time should we spend in each place, which rail routes are best, how to get to the islands etc.
Thanks in advance for your help - we're currently excited but a bit clueless!
Jamie and Lou
Singapore-Malaysia-Thailand in 3 weeks - itinerary help please!
- 1 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 2 Indian Visa
- 3 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 4 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 5 Japan Times "Backstreet Stories"
- 6 ONLINE HOTEL BOOKING SCAM
- 7 Don't use World Expeditions
- 8 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 9 First time in Japan
- 10 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 11 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 12 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 13 Magical India
- 14 Heyloo Hampi
- 15 Southern India
- 16 Bangkok - November 2014
- 17 Villa in Canggu Bali
- 18 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 19 Where to Stay - Hong Kong or Kowloon?
- 20 Best Food in Tokyo
- 21 Lombok and Gili islands advice about distance/time to the airport
- 22 Boracay Island, Philippines
- 23 BALI Honeymoon February 2014
- 24 Comments/suggestions on Borneo itinerary
- 25 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?