We are planning a trip to Singapore and Malaysia for about 17-18 days in December. We will be traveling with my parents (about 70 years) and be looking for vegetarian food. Our first priority will be to stay at the Marriott. I read http://www.fodors.com/community/asia/2-weeks-in-thailand-singapore-malaysia.cfm and have got some idea.
We're interested in covering cultural/historical/architectural points of interest. Would like to relax at the end part of the trip amidst scenic places.
Based on various threads, I feel like we'll cover these destinations:
* Singapore (3-4 days)
* Malacca (2 days)
* Kuala Lumpur (3 days)
* Cameron Highlands (2 days)
* Genting (1 day)
* Penang (4 days)
* Langkawi (2 days)
Couple of questions:
1. Does this seem feasible without tiring out my parents?
2. I hear it would be difficult to find vegetarian food in Malaysia. Any advise on restaurants?
3. Should we rent a car with a driver/guide for the entire Malaysia portion of the trip or some portions to make it easier and more enjoyable to travel or are public transport options better? Is public transport safer and cheaper than renting car and driver/guide?
4. Are there any other places that I should consider and maybe swap out for something else?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 2 http://gojixtremesitebrazil.com/megaform-funciona/
- 3 http://supplementranking.com/exoslim/
- 4 http://www.prohealthguides.com/megadrox/
- 5 Local Packers and Movers in Hyderabad
- 6 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 7 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 8 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 9 Hanoi Hotel
- 10 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 11 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 12 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 13 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 14 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 15 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 16 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 17 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 18 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 19 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 20 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 21 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 22 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 23 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 24 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 25 A great trip in India