We are planning a trip to Singapore and Malaysia for about 17-18 days in December. We will be traveling with my parents (about 70 years) and be looking for vegetarian food. Our first priority will be to stay at the Marriott. I read http://www.fodors.com/community/asia/2-weeks-in-thailand-singapore-malaysia.cfm and have got some idea.
We're interested in covering cultural/historical/architectural points of interest. Would like to relax at the end part of the trip amidst scenic places.
Based on various threads, I feel like we'll cover these destinations:
* Singapore (3-4 days)
* Malacca (2 days)
* Kuala Lumpur (3 days)
* Cameron Highlands (2 days)
* Genting (1 day)
* Penang (4 days)
* Langkawi (2 days)
Couple of questions:
1. Does this seem feasible without tiring out my parents?
2. I hear it would be difficult to find vegetarian food in Malaysia. Any advise on restaurants?
3. Should we rent a car with a driver/guide for the entire Malaysia portion of the trip or some portions to make it easier and more enjoyable to travel or are public transport options better? Is public transport safer and cheaper than renting car and driver/guide?
4. Are there any other places that I should consider and maybe swap out for something else?
Singapore & Malaysia for 2+ weeks
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 2 vietnam and laos
- 3 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 4 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 5 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO
- 6 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 7 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 8 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 9 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 10 JR West rail pass changes and new Nozomi pass
- 11 5 nights in Japan.
- 12 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 13 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 14 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 15 A week in Hong Kong with a 6 yr old-where to stay?
- 16 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 17 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 18 BKK Airport Meeting Spot
- 19 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 20 Visa
- 21 Affordable Japan
- 22 Japan tips: where to stay in Tokyo, where to snowboard and day trips
- 23 Castle & King
- 24 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 25 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April