We are planning a trip to Singapore and Malaysia for about 17-18 days in December. We will be traveling with my parents (about 70 years) and be looking for vegetarian food. Our first priority will be to stay at the Marriott. I read http://www.fodors.com/community/asia/2-weeks-in-thailand-singapore-malaysia.cfm and have got some idea.
We're interested in covering cultural/historical/architectural points of interest. Would like to relax at the end part of the trip amidst scenic places.
Based on various threads, I feel like we'll cover these destinations:
* Singapore (3-4 days)
* Malacca (2 days)
* Kuala Lumpur (3 days)
* Cameron Highlands (2 days)
* Genting (1 day)
* Penang (4 days)
* Langkawi (2 days)
Couple of questions:
1. Does this seem feasible without tiring out my parents?
2. I hear it would be difficult to find vegetarian food in Malaysia. Any advise on restaurants?
3. Should we rent a car with a driver/guide for the entire Malaysia portion of the trip or some portions to make it easier and more enjoyable to travel or are public transport options better? Is public transport safer and cheaper than renting car and driver/guide?
4. Are there any other places that I should consider and maybe swap out for something else?
Singapore & Malaysia for 2+ weeks
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 2 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 3 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 4 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 5 Japan Itinerary for May
- 6 South Korea 5 days
- 7 Japan -OAT tour
- 8 Thai island escape
- 9 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 10 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 11 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 12 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 13 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 14 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 15 General question
- 16 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 17 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 18 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 19 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 20 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 21 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 22 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 23 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 24 Phuket Hotel
- 25 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA