We are planning a trip to Singapore and Malaysia for about 17-18 days in December. We will be traveling with my parents (about 70 years) and be looking for vegetarian food. Our first priority will be to stay at the Marriott. I read http://www.fodors.com/community/asia/2-weeks-in-thailand-singapore-malaysia.cfm and have got some idea.
We're interested in covering cultural/historical/architectural points of interest. Would like to relax at the end part of the trip amidst scenic places.
Based on various threads, I feel like we'll cover these destinations:
* Singapore (3-4 days)
* Malacca (2 days)
* Kuala Lumpur (3 days)
* Cameron Highlands (2 days)
* Genting (1 day)
* Penang (4 days)
* Langkawi (2 days)
Couple of questions:
1. Does this seem feasible without tiring out my parents?
2. I hear it would be difficult to find vegetarian food in Malaysia. Any advise on restaurants?
3. Should we rent a car with a driver/guide for the entire Malaysia portion of the trip or some portions to make it easier and more enjoyable to travel or are public transport options better? Is public transport safer and cheaper than renting car and driver/guide?
4. Are there any other places that I should consider and maybe swap out for something else?
Singapore & Malaysia for 2+ weeks
- 1 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 2 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 3 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 4 Magical India
- 5 Bangkok-Skytrain Update
- 6 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 7 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 8 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 9 Can I get Kopi Luwak coffee in Bangkok
- 10 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 11 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 12 South East Asia
- 13 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 14 India's Online VISA Application
- 15 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 16 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 17 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 18 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 19 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 20 Bangkok restaurant or unique experience for anniversary
- 21 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 22 Overwhelmed by info...First time in Philippines...What Island
- 23 Hotel Majestic-Saigon
- 24 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 25 Questions -> Ko Phi Phi - 4 nights