We are planning a trip to Singapore and Malaysia for about 17-18 days in December. We will be traveling with my parents (about 70 years) and be looking for vegetarian food. Our first priority will be to stay at the Marriott. I read http://www.fodors.com/community/asia/2-weeks-in-thailand-singapore-malaysia.cfm and have got some idea.
We're interested in covering cultural/historical/architectural points of interest. Would like to relax at the end part of the trip amidst scenic places.
Based on various threads, I feel like we'll cover these destinations:
* Singapore (3-4 days)
* Malacca (2 days)
* Kuala Lumpur (3 days)
* Cameron Highlands (2 days)
* Genting (1 day)
* Penang (4 days)
* Langkawi (2 days)
Couple of questions:
1. Does this seem feasible without tiring out my parents?
2. I hear it would be difficult to find vegetarian food in Malaysia. Any advise on restaurants?
3. Should we rent a car with a driver/guide for the entire Malaysia portion of the trip or some portions to make it easier and more enjoyable to travel or are public transport options better? Is public transport safer and cheaper than renting car and driver/guide?
4. Are there any other places that I should consider and maybe swap out for something else?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 2 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 3 Passport
- 4 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 5 Japan Itinerary
- 6 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 7 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 8 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 9 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 10 Toddler twin travel in India
- 11 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 12 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 13 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 14 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 15 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 16 Help with Kyushu itinerary appreciated.
- 17 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 18 Amakusa island help
- 19 Japan Trip Delayed
- 20 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 21 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 22 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 23 Month long SE Asia trip
- 24 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 25 Cambodia weather