We are planning a trip to Singapore and Malaysia for about 17-18 days in December. We will be traveling with my parents (about 70 years) and be looking for vegetarian food. Our first priority will be to stay at the Marriott. I read http://www.fodors.com/community/asia/2-weeks-in-thailand-singapore-malaysia.cfm and have got some idea.
We're interested in covering cultural/historical/architectural points of interest. Would like to relax at the end part of the trip amidst scenic places.
Based on various threads, I feel like we'll cover these destinations:
* Singapore (3-4 days)
* Malacca (2 days)
* Kuala Lumpur (3 days)
* Cameron Highlands (2 days)
* Genting (1 day)
* Penang (4 days)
* Langkawi (2 days)
Couple of questions:
1. Does this seem feasible without tiring out my parents?
2. I hear it would be difficult to find vegetarian food in Malaysia. Any advise on restaurants?
3. Should we rent a car with a driver/guide for the entire Malaysia portion of the trip or some portions to make it easier and more enjoyable to travel or are public transport options better? Is public transport safer and cheaper than renting car and driver/guide?
4. Are there any other places that I should consider and maybe swap out for something else?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 2 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 3 Bangkok hotel - Feedback requested on specific hotels
- 4 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 5 Good unlimited data for tourists
- 6 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 7 India: Flying from Varanasi to New Delhi
- 8 Finding best Vietnam and Cambodia cruise in Mekong river for family
- 9 My Honeymoon Trip to Valparai
- 10 India Trip Report
- 11 A great trip in India
- 12 Bangkok hotel - River sides pros/cons
- 13 7.5 days in India
- 14 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 15 Traveling with Diabetes type 2 in India
- 16 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 17 Travelling to Malaysia with an invalid Australian Passport
- 18 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 19 Phuket
- 20 Which locations should I select for my Goa trip?
- 21 Japan: ATM Machines
- 22 In Spite of Old and Dilapidated, more Creators Were Attracted
- 23 Don't forget the wellies...
- 24 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 25 Family Japan Trip August 2016