We are planning a trip to Singapore and Malaysia for about 17-18 days in December. We will be traveling with my parents (about 70 years) and be looking for vegetarian food. Our first priority will be to stay at the Marriott. I read http://www.fodors.com/community/asia/2-weeks-in-thailand-singapore-malaysia.cfm and have got some idea.
We're interested in covering cultural/historical/architectural points of interest. Would like to relax at the end part of the trip amidst scenic places.
Based on various threads, I feel like we'll cover these destinations:
* Singapore (3-4 days)
* Malacca (2 days)
* Kuala Lumpur (3 days)
* Cameron Highlands (2 days)
* Genting (1 day)
* Penang (4 days)
* Langkawi (2 days)
Couple of questions:
1. Does this seem feasible without tiring out my parents?
2. I hear it would be difficult to find vegetarian food in Malaysia. Any advise on restaurants?
3. Should we rent a car with a driver/guide for the entire Malaysia portion of the trip or some portions to make it easier and more enjoyable to travel or are public transport options better? Is public transport safer and cheaper than renting car and driver/guide?
4. Are there any other places that I should consider and maybe swap out for something else?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Dollar traveller cheques
- 2 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 3 http://www.healthproductsreview.net/testx-core/
- 4 Halong Bay cruise
- 5 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 6 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 7 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 8 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra
- 9 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 10 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 11 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 12 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 13 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 14 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 15 Is this crazy?
- 16 In Seoul for one day
- 17 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 18 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 19 India help with where to go
- 20 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 21 Hong Kong / Bangkok / Seoul / Tokyo
- 22 Taxis in Yangon
- 23 Feb 17 Itinenary (Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia)
- 24 144 Hour Visa Exception China
- 25 Jews in China. Who knew?