We are planning a trip to Singapore and Malaysia for about 17-18 days in December. We will be traveling with my parents (about 70 years) and be looking for vegetarian food. Our first priority will be to stay at the Marriott. I read http://www.fodors.com/community/asia/2-weeks-in-thailand-singapore-malaysia.cfm and have got some idea.
We're interested in covering cultural/historical/architectural points of interest. Would like to relax at the end part of the trip amidst scenic places.
Based on various threads, I feel like we'll cover these destinations:
* Singapore (3-4 days)
* Malacca (2 days)
* Kuala Lumpur (3 days)
* Cameron Highlands (2 days)
* Genting (1 day)
* Penang (4 days)
* Langkawi (2 days)
Couple of questions:
1. Does this seem feasible without tiring out my parents?
2. I hear it would be difficult to find vegetarian food in Malaysia. Any advise on restaurants?
3. Should we rent a car with a driver/guide for the entire Malaysia portion of the trip or some portions to make it easier and more enjoyable to travel or are public transport options better? Is public transport safer and cheaper than renting car and driver/guide?
4. Are there any other places that I should consider and maybe swap out for something else?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 2 5 weeks in Japan
- 3 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 4 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 5 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 6 Requesting Passport Number
- 7 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 8 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 9 Eating in India
- 10 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 11 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 12 Phu Quoc
- 13 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 14 China and Japan help
- 15 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 16 Help! India Visa question....
- 17 Singapore hotel
- 18 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
- 19 Indonesia in February/rainy season
- 20 Still contemplating SEA this winter and have questions
- 21 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 22 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 24 Solo female first-timer: Thailand
- 25 Shanghai Pollution in January 2016