The current New Yorker issue (Sept 3 & 10, 2007), a special food issue, has a great article about a New Yorker going to Singapore to eat hawker food with the man who (literally) wrote the book on teh best hawker food in Singapore. Makes for great reading - it will make you hungry!
Singapore Hawker Stalls Review
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice re. day trip from Chiang Rai to Mae Sai & Golden Triangle
- 2 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 3 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 4 help with itinerary!
- 5 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 6 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 7 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 8 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 9 Christmas Time in India
- 10 Thailand Flights-Bangkok to Phuket
- 11 Having doubts with China
- 12 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 13 Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- 14 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 15 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 16 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 17 What are the best near places to tour from Panchalingeswar in Odisha
- 18 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 19 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 20 Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?
- 21 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!
- 22 Myanmar podcast
- 23 Chiang Mai, Thailand airport departure tax
- 24 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 25 Burma with a toddler