Earlier I asked a question if anyone had been to the Singapore Garden Show before and what it was like. Well, I'm just back and it really was a fabulous show. It took up two whole floors of the Suntec City Center and there were competitive displays of gardens from designers around the world that were very creative and awe-inspring. The Orchid Show, which was held within the show itself, was the best I have ever seen. One volunteer took me on a guided tour of the displays from clubs throughout SEA which featured cut flowers, hybridized and species orchids, fantastic arrangments and prize winning orchids. And, I found out that in November 2011 Singapore will be hosting the World Orchid Conference. I will try to figure out how to post photos if anyone is interested, but photos cannot do this show justice, as just a brief tour of the orchid displays alone took almost an hour, and then I spend a few more hours looking at individual plants. Altogether I was there for about 7 or 8 hours and it wasn't enough. I had to stop due to aching feet and dinner plans!
Singapore Garden Show
View all Asia activity »
- 1 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 2 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 3 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 4 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 5 Anyone in Bangkok
- 6 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 7 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 8 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 9 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 10 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 11 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 12 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 13 Travel Insurance
- 14 South East Asia
- 15 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 16 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 17 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 18 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 19 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 20 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 21 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 22 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 23 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 24 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 25 1 week Philippines