Earlier I asked a question if anyone had been to the Singapore Garden Show before and what it was like. Well, I'm just back and it really was a fabulous show. It took up two whole floors of the Suntec City Center and there were competitive displays of gardens from designers around the world that were very creative and awe-inspring. The Orchid Show, which was held within the show itself, was the best I have ever seen. One volunteer took me on a guided tour of the displays from clubs throughout SEA which featured cut flowers, hybridized and species orchids, fantastic arrangments and prize winning orchids. And, I found out that in November 2011 Singapore will be hosting the World Orchid Conference. I will try to figure out how to post photos if anyone is interested, but photos cannot do this show justice, as just a brief tour of the orchid displays alone took almost an hour, and then I spend a few more hours looking at individual plants. Altogether I was there for about 7 or 8 hours and it wasn't enough. I had to stop due to aching feet and dinner plans!
Singapore Garden Show
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 2 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 3 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 4 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 5 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 6 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 7 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 8 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 9 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 10 Cherry blossom
- 11 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 12 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 13 How safe is Delhi/India
- 14 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 15 Which Putu in Bali????
- 16 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 17 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 18 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?
- 19 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 20 Malaysia in September
- 21 Trip Report: Malaysian Borneo and Singapore
- 22 Asiana lounge in Seoul
- 23 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 24 Bangkok, Penang and Chiang Mai - Kathie's 2006 Trip Report
- 25 Overwhelmed by info...First time in Philippines...What Island