Earlier I asked a question if anyone had been to the Singapore Garden Show before and what it was like. Well, I'm just back and it really was a fabulous show. It took up two whole floors of the Suntec City Center and there were competitive displays of gardens from designers around the world that were very creative and awe-inspring. The Orchid Show, which was held within the show itself, was the best I have ever seen. One volunteer took me on a guided tour of the displays from clubs throughout SEA which featured cut flowers, hybridized and species orchids, fantastic arrangments and prize winning orchids. And, I found out that in November 2011 Singapore will be hosting the World Orchid Conference. I will try to figure out how to post photos if anyone is interested, but photos cannot do this show justice, as just a brief tour of the orchid displays alone took almost an hour, and then I spend a few more hours looking at individual plants. Altogether I was there for about 7 or 8 hours and it wasn't enough. I had to stop due to aching feet and dinner plans!
Singapore Garden Show
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 2 Amazing aerial footage from Kathmandu to Everest
- 3 Indus Travel - Royal India Tour March 2016
- 4 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 5 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 6 Thailand Itinerary Rough Plan
- 7 Cambodia itinerary advice and luggage storage?
- 8 "Copying" Favorite Clothes
- 9 Tokyo: Belated Trip Report
- 10 Question: Using JR Pass on Narita Express upon arrival
- 11 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 12 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 13 Weather in April
- 14 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 15 Can you take luggage on the bullet train, or should the hotel send it on?
- 16 Malaysia travel route help!
- 17 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 18 Nepal - Lucky Escape!
- 19 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 20 Thailand for 2 weeks January 2016
- 21 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 22 help with planning a trip to Vietnam
- 23 Seeking itinerary advice - 14 days in Japan in November
- 24 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 25 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published