Earlier I asked a question if anyone had been to the Singapore Garden Show before and what it was like. Well, I'm just back and it really was a fabulous show. It took up two whole floors of the Suntec City Center and there were competitive displays of gardens from designers around the world that were very creative and awe-inspring. The Orchid Show, which was held within the show itself, was the best I have ever seen. One volunteer took me on a guided tour of the displays from clubs throughout SEA which featured cut flowers, hybridized and species orchids, fantastic arrangments and prize winning orchids. And, I found out that in November 2011 Singapore will be hosting the World Orchid Conference. I will try to figure out how to post photos if anyone is interested, but photos cannot do this show justice, as just a brief tour of the orchid displays alone took almost an hour, and then I spend a few more hours looking at individual plants. Altogether I was there for about 7 or 8 hours and it wasn't enough. I had to stop due to aching feet and dinner plans!
Singapore Garden Show
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 2 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 3 vietnam and laos
- 4 Driver Guide wanted March 2015
- 5 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 6 Connaught Place
- 7 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 8 Free and best app for searching restaurants in China
- 9 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 10 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 11 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 12 Nepal- recipe?
- 13 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 14 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 15 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 16 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 17 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 18 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 19 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 20 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 21 My SEA trip - photos update
- 22 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 23 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 24 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 25 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination