Earlier I asked a question if anyone had been to the Singapore Garden Show before and what it was like. Well, I'm just back and it really was a fabulous show. It took up two whole floors of the Suntec City Center and there were competitive displays of gardens from designers around the world that were very creative and awe-inspring. The Orchid Show, which was held within the show itself, was the best I have ever seen. One volunteer took me on a guided tour of the displays from clubs throughout SEA which featured cut flowers, hybridized and species orchids, fantastic arrangments and prize winning orchids. And, I found out that in November 2011 Singapore will be hosting the World Orchid Conference. I will try to figure out how to post photos if anyone is interested, but photos cannot do this show justice, as just a brief tour of the orchid displays alone took almost an hour, and then I spend a few more hours looking at individual plants. Altogether I was there for about 7 or 8 hours and it wasn't enough. I had to stop due to aching feet and dinner plans!
Singapore Garden Show
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 2 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 3 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 4 1st time Japan - solo female
- 5 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 6 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 7 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 8 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 9 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 10 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 11 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 12 Odyssey unlimited
- 13 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 14 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 15 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 16 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 17 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 18 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 19 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 20 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 21 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 22 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 23 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 24 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 25 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA