Earlier I asked a question if anyone had been to the Singapore Garden Show before and what it was like. Well, I'm just back and it really was a fabulous show. It took up two whole floors of the Suntec City Center and there were competitive displays of gardens from designers around the world that were very creative and awe-inspring. The Orchid Show, which was held within the show itself, was the best I have ever seen. One volunteer took me on a guided tour of the displays from clubs throughout SEA which featured cut flowers, hybridized and species orchids, fantastic arrangments and prize winning orchids. And, I found out that in November 2011 Singapore will be hosting the World Orchid Conference. I will try to figure out how to post photos if anyone is interested, but photos cannot do this show justice, as just a brief tour of the orchid displays alone took almost an hour, and then I spend a few more hours looking at individual plants. Altogether I was there for about 7 or 8 hours and it wasn't enough. I had to stop due to aching feet and dinner plans!
Singapore Garden Show
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Mt Aso Eruption
- 2 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 3 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 4 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 5 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 6 Independent female traveller
- 7 North Vietnam Again!
- 8 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 9 Castle & King
- 10 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 11 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 12 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 13 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 14 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 15 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 16 One week in India
- 17 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 18 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 19 Bangkok airport taxi options
- 20 Complex Travel Group - Doable? Safe?
- 21 6 nights at Bahdhavgahr, or split between Bandhavgarg and Kanha?
- 22 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 23 Borneo or Sri Lanka for vacation?
- 24 reviews wanted for Sinorama tour company
- 25 We Recommend Our Guides! Saigon, Hanoi, Phnom Penh, Angkor