Earlier I asked a question if anyone had been to the Singapore Garden Show before and what it was like. Well, I'm just back and it really was a fabulous show. It took up two whole floors of the Suntec City Center and there were competitive displays of gardens from designers around the world that were very creative and awe-inspring. The Orchid Show, which was held within the show itself, was the best I have ever seen. One volunteer took me on a guided tour of the displays from clubs throughout SEA which featured cut flowers, hybridized and species orchids, fantastic arrangments and prize winning orchids. And, I found out that in November 2011 Singapore will be hosting the World Orchid Conference. I will try to figure out how to post photos if anyone is interested, but photos cannot do this show justice, as just a brief tour of the orchid displays alone took almost an hour, and then I spend a few more hours looking at individual plants. Altogether I was there for about 7 or 8 hours and it wasn't enough. I had to stop due to aching feet and dinner plans!
Singapore Garden Show
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 2 Golden eagle festival Mongolia?
- 3 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 4 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 5 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 6 Bali Question
- 7 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 8 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 9 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 10 Vietnam - Questions
- 11 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 12 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 13 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 14 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 15 Osaka shopping
- 16 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 17 Takayama ideas in April?
- 18 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 19 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 20 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 21 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 22 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 23 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 24 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 25 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!