Earlier I asked a question if anyone had been to the Singapore Garden Show before and what it was like. Well, I'm just back and it really was a fabulous show. It took up two whole floors of the Suntec City Center and there were competitive displays of gardens from designers around the world that were very creative and awe-inspring. The Orchid Show, which was held within the show itself, was the best I have ever seen. One volunteer took me on a guided tour of the displays from clubs throughout SEA which featured cut flowers, hybridized and species orchids, fantastic arrangments and prize winning orchids. And, I found out that in November 2011 Singapore will be hosting the World Orchid Conference. I will try to figure out how to post photos if anyone is interested, but photos cannot do this show justice, as just a brief tour of the orchid displays alone took almost an hour, and then I spend a few more hours looking at individual plants. Altogether I was there for about 7 or 8 hours and it wasn't enough. I had to stop due to aching feet and dinner plans!
Singapore Garden Show
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 2 Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary
- 3 Trying To Decide Between These 2 Hotels In Singapore
- 4 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 5 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 6 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 7 beaches in Thailand
- 8 A little help with my Burma plan..
- 9 Kyushu rail pass
- 10 Staying 3 nights in Jaisalmer, what attractions we should see
- 11 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 12 6 full days in Yagoon
- 13 Juphal and dunai help needed
- 14 Feedback on Thailand/SE Asia initial itinerary w/ kids
- 15 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 16 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 17 2 Weeks Thailand Honeymoon
- 18 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 19 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 20 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 21 Currency in South Korea
- 22 Tipping in Japan
- 23 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 24 Places to visit in India in October
- 25 Flying back and forth between Vietnam and Cambodia: where to start