Earlier I asked a question if anyone had been to the Singapore Garden Show before and what it was like. Well, I'm just back and it really was a fabulous show. It took up two whole floors of the Suntec City Center and there were competitive displays of gardens from designers around the world that were very creative and awe-inspring. The Orchid Show, which was held within the show itself, was the best I have ever seen. One volunteer took me on a guided tour of the displays from clubs throughout SEA which featured cut flowers, hybridized and species orchids, fantastic arrangments and prize winning orchids. And, I found out that in November 2011 Singapore will be hosting the World Orchid Conference. I will try to figure out how to post photos if anyone is interested, but photos cannot do this show justice, as just a brief tour of the orchid displays alone took almost an hour, and then I spend a few more hours looking at individual plants. Altogether I was there for about 7 or 8 hours and it wasn't enough. I had to stop due to aching feet and dinner plans!
Singapore Garden Show
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 2 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 3 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 4 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 5 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 6 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 7 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 8 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 9 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 10 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 11 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 12 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 13 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 14 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 15 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 16 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 17 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 18 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 19 Kashmir today
- 20 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 21 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 22 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 23 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 24 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 25 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala