Just got notice I'll be in Singapore for 4 weeks sometime between January and March 2016- dates are flexible. Of course, I'll be working M-F 8-5/6, so looking forward to weekends. Any quick trips? I'll dedicate at least 1 weekend to Singapore, but would like small doses of other countries as well.
I'm unsure of how adventurous I will be at that point, still have some lingering side effects from the lightning (speaking of which, no Burma just yet!) but culture/food are at the top of my list.
It's also possible I may have a week at the end of my trip to do as I please, so any advice there? I'd still need to fly out of Singapore to return to the US.
I've been to Cambodia (loved it, but waiting to return with SO), Vietnam (would like to see Hoi An) and Burma (lovely country, but need more time before I return).
I realize this is a very broad question, and I have done little research yet (but very excited to do some!) but if there's anything you can suggest I'd be very greatful!
Budget isn't much of an issue, since most place I'll only be there 1 night, I'm happy to splurge a bit!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 2 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 3 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 4 Best Indian food in Bangkok?
- 5 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 6 Japan Rail Pass
- 7 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 8 Sri Lanka May
- 9 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 10 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 11 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 12 Bali,Java,Borneo 3 weeks
- 13 Japan rough itinerary
- 14 Laos planning.
- 15 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 16 Japan for Foodies
- 17 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 18 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 19 One night in Osaka
- 20 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 21 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 22 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 23 Singapore weather in August/September
- 24 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 25 First time going abroad