Just got notice I'll be in Singapore for 4 weeks sometime between January and March 2016- dates are flexible. Of course, I'll be working M-F 8-5/6, so looking forward to weekends. Any quick trips? I'll dedicate at least 1 weekend to Singapore, but would like small doses of other countries as well.
I'm unsure of how adventurous I will be at that point, still have some lingering side effects from the lightning (speaking of which, no Burma just yet!) but culture/food are at the top of my list.
It's also possible I may have a week at the end of my trip to do as I please, so any advice there? I'd still need to fly out of Singapore to return to the US.
I've been to Cambodia (loved it, but waiting to return with SO), Vietnam (would like to see Hoi An) and Burma (lovely country, but need more time before I return).
I realize this is a very broad question, and I have done little research yet (but very excited to do some!) but if there's anything you can suggest I'd be very greatful!
Budget isn't much of an issue, since most place I'll only be there 1 night, I'm happy to splurge a bit!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 2 Family Friendly Penang
- 3 Honeymoon - Malaysia and Bali
- 4 Train trip costs help please
- 5 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 6 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 7 Weather forecast
- 8 Vietnam visa
- 9 Bali - What to do?
- 10 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 11 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 12 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 13 Sri Lanka advice
- 14 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 15 Ryokan in Japan
- 16 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 17 Effects of Labour Day & Buddha's Birthday on HK touring?
- 18 Sri Lanka for 13 nights -need advice
- 19 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 20 Itinerary & airport help
- 21 Dinner spots for solo traveller
- 22 [Travel to ThaiLand]
- 23 Snapshots From Kerala
- 24 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 25 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company