I have read bits a pieces about an area in Singapore where artists are working in modest studios. I am not referring to the artists as in Bangkok that copy from picture books. nor am I looking for high-end galleries. In the little I read, I could be incoorrect, as many as 30++ are clustered in a few block area. Has anyone visited this area in the past year or so and can they comment on it?. I am not looking for cartoon paintings, though they can be very well done, but ones in an Asian style. Since we plan to spend 2 hours in Little India we thought we would take a taxi, if uit is not too far, and walk around for that area for an hour only if it is worthwhile. THANKS.
Singapore-Art District-Cluster of Emerging Artists
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Which Putu in Bali????
- 2 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 3 Trip Report - Yunnan Province, China and Mongolia
- 4 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 5 buying a van in Mongolia
- 6 April in Bangkok, again!
- 7 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 8 Japan, japan
- 9 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 10 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 11 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 12 Hong Kong restaurants
- 13 Problems at 12,000'
- 14 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 15 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 16 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 17 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 18 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 19 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 20 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 21 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 22 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 23 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 24 How safe is Delhi/India
- 25 Malaria