Looking to plan a trip in 2017 to Asia, most likely around August. We will be flying from Australia and our arrival and exit has to be Singapore (so whatever we do, we will fly into Singapore, as our flight from Australia will be a frequent flyer redemption).
We plan to take around two weeks, so would like to spend 5-6 days in Singapore, before going to Hong Kong, spending about a week, and then returning to Singapore.
My concern is: are these destinations too similar? Is there enough to do for a week in both? I am reading up on each of the locations (I have been to Hong Kong for a couple of days before but not seen it extensively, and never been to Singapore, apart from transit), but I would be keen to hear thoughts on whether we should consider an alternative to Hong Kong...
Mainly we will be sightseeing, eating/dining and shopping. Not really into hiking.
Any thoughts appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.ibwpro.com/lunamore-renewal/
- 2 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 3 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 4 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 5 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 6 Planning my Philippines trip
- 7 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 8 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 9 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 10 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 11 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 12 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 13 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 14 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 15 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 16 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 17 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 18 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 19 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 20 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 21 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 22 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 23 November, March, June... Japan?
- 24 Itinerary Help Japan
- 25 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?