Looking to plan a trip in 2017 to Asia, most likely around August. We will be flying from Australia and our arrival and exit has to be Singapore (so whatever we do, we will fly into Singapore, as our flight from Australia will be a frequent flyer redemption).
We plan to take around two weeks, so would like to spend 5-6 days in Singapore, before going to Hong Kong, spending about a week, and then returning to Singapore.
My concern is: are these destinations too similar? Is there enough to do for a week in both? I am reading up on each of the locations (I have been to Hong Kong for a couple of days before but not seen it extensively, and never been to Singapore, apart from transit), but I would be keen to hear thoughts on whether we should consider an alternative to Hong Kong...
Mainly we will be sightseeing, eating/dining and shopping. Not really into hiking.
Any thoughts appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Fill : SKYPE Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:54O :683O SKYPE ACCOUNT 24*7
- 2 sri lanka- tips required
- 3 base bangkok or manilla
- 4 Christmas in the Alps
- 5 Change my Itinerary?
- 6 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 7 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 8 Twin rooms in Japan
- 9 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 12 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 13 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 14 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 15 Impressions of India
- 16 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 17 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 18 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 19 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 20 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 21 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 22 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 23 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 24 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 25 Laos or Kerala?