Looking to plan a trip in 2017 to Asia, most likely around August. We will be flying from Australia and our arrival and exit has to be Singapore (so whatever we do, we will fly into Singapore, as our flight from Australia will be a frequent flyer redemption).
We plan to take around two weeks, so would like to spend 5-6 days in Singapore, before going to Hong Kong, spending about a week, and then returning to Singapore.
My concern is: are these destinations too similar? Is there enough to do for a week in both? I am reading up on each of the locations (I have been to Hong Kong for a couple of days before but not seen it extensively, and never been to Singapore, apart from transit), but I would be keen to hear thoughts on whether we should consider an alternative to Hong Kong...
Mainly we will be sightseeing, eating/dining and shopping. Not really into hiking.
Any thoughts appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 2 Japan Itinerary!
- 3 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 4 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 5 Thai Elephants
- 6 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 7 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 8 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 9 Luggage size China ?
- 10 Sri Lanka in August
- 11 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 12 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 13 India itinerary critique please
- 14 Japan/Korea/HK
- 15 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 16 Vientiane and ??
- 17 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 18 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 19 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 20 Impressions of India
- 21 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?
- 22 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 23 7ish days in Myanmar, advice please (itinerary, ballooning, restaurants)
- 24 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 25 2 weeks in Vietnam