Looking to plan a trip in 2017 to Asia, most likely around August. We will be flying from Australia and our arrival and exit has to be Singapore (so whatever we do, we will fly into Singapore, as our flight from Australia will be a frequent flyer redemption).
We plan to take around two weeks, so would like to spend 5-6 days in Singapore, before going to Hong Kong, spending about a week, and then returning to Singapore.
My concern is: are these destinations too similar? Is there enough to do for a week in both? I am reading up on each of the locations (I have been to Hong Kong for a couple of days before but not seen it extensively, and never been to Singapore, apart from transit), but I would be keen to hear thoughts on whether we should consider an alternative to Hong Kong...
Mainly we will be sightseeing, eating/dining and shopping. Not really into hiking.
Any thoughts appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 2 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 3 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 4 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 5 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 6 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 7 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 8 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 9 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 10 Indonesia travel agent
- 11 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 12 A beach of choice on Samui
- 13 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 14 Bangkok Taxis
- 15 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 16 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 17 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 18 A month in central Asia
- 19 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 20 Something about... Malaysia
- 21 Day trip from Kuala Lumpur
- 22 Two Round Trip Tickets?
- 23 Osaka, aquarium?
- 24 favorite activities in krabi area
- 25 itinerary help for cambodia and laos