Looking to plan a trip in 2017 to Asia, most likely around August. We will be flying from Australia and our arrival and exit has to be Singapore (so whatever we do, we will fly into Singapore, as our flight from Australia will be a frequent flyer redemption).
We plan to take around two weeks, so would like to spend 5-6 days in Singapore, before going to Hong Kong, spending about a week, and then returning to Singapore.
My concern is: are these destinations too similar? Is there enough to do for a week in both? I am reading up on each of the locations (I have been to Hong Kong for a couple of days before but not seen it extensively, and never been to Singapore, apart from transit), but I would be keen to hear thoughts on whether we should consider an alternative to Hong Kong...
Mainly we will be sightseeing, eating/dining and shopping. Not really into hiking.
Any thoughts appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan rough itinerary
- 2 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 3 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 4 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 5 Japan Rail Pass
- 6 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 7 Japan for Foodies
- 8 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 9 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 10 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 11 One night in Osaka
- 12 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 13 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 14 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 15 Singapore weather in August/September
- 16 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 17 First time going abroad
- 18 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 19 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 20 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 21 Backpacking on a budget
- 22 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 23 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 24 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 25 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?