Looking to plan a trip in 2017 to Asia, most likely around August. We will be flying from Australia and our arrival and exit has to be Singapore (so whatever we do, we will fly into Singapore, as our flight from Australia will be a frequent flyer redemption).
We plan to take around two weeks, so would like to spend 5-6 days in Singapore, before going to Hong Kong, spending about a week, and then returning to Singapore.
My concern is: are these destinations too similar? Is there enough to do for a week in both? I am reading up on each of the locations (I have been to Hong Kong for a couple of days before but not seen it extensively, and never been to Singapore, apart from transit), but I would be keen to hear thoughts on whether we should consider an alternative to Hong Kong...
Mainly we will be sightseeing, eating/dining and shopping. Not really into hiking.
Any thoughts appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 2 다빈치 릴게임 ▣☆접 속 : pts11.컴 ▣☆
- 3 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 4 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 5 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 6 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 7 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 8 Kerala trip
- 9 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 10 E Visa for India?
- 11 1-2 months South East Asia
- 12 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 13 Help - India.
- 14 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 15 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 16 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 17 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 18 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 19 Side trips from Taipei
- 20 Georgia and Armenia trip
- 21 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 22 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 23 Bicycling in Vietnam
- 24 Thailand Advice Please
- 25 The Indian money crunch.