I have two guide-related questions for my upcoming 3 day trip to Siem Reap and 1 day trip to Phnom Penh:
1) I'm looking at Trip Advisor's recommended sites for Siem Reap. How can I differentiate between who is a driver and who is an educated tour guide who will explain everything and teach us history? We want to use our three days to get educated about history. Not a tour guide who will give a few basic stats and leave us on our own to read our guidebook. Recommendations welcome!
2) Can I get around myself for one full day (arrive Wednesday night, leave Friday morning) without a guide in Phnom Penh? I want to efficiently pack in as much as possible. My husband and I are experienced travelers good with maps and a few SE Asia trips under our belts. Would a guide help, or is getting around the city self-explanatory?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 China itinerary
- 2 What are the places to visit in Sikkim
- 3 Castle & King tour operator review
- 4 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 5 June 4-10 accommodations near Minzu University (Beijing)?
- 6 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 7 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 8 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 9 Advice Sought On East Malaysia Itinerary
- 10 First trip to Japan
- 11 Immigration/customs Turkey to Pakistan
- 12 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 13 8.5 Days in India - Insane?
- 14 Best eats near Minzu University in Beijing? (June-August 2015 trip)
- 15 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 16 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 17 Amazing service - Himalayan Leaders
- 18 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 19 Tauck or Abercrombie and Kent or Louise Nicholson
- 20 Northern India in June
- 21 Hakone Free Pass
- 22 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 23 OAT trip to India
- 24 Thailand Itinerary...which order?
- 25 Chiang Mai...should we?