I have two guide-related questions for my upcoming 3 day trip to Siem Reap and 1 day trip to Phnom Penh:
1) I'm looking at Trip Advisor's recommended sites for Siem Reap. How can I differentiate between who is a driver and who is an educated tour guide who will explain everything and teach us history? We want to use our three days to get educated about history. Not a tour guide who will give a few basic stats and leave us on our own to read our guidebook. Recommendations welcome!
2) Can I get around myself for one full day (arrive Wednesday night, leave Friday morning) without a guide in Phnom Penh? I want to efficiently pack in as much as possible. My husband and I are experienced travelers good with maps and a few SE Asia trips under our belts. Would a guide help, or is getting around the city self-explanatory?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 2 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 3 Hotels in Krabi area
- 4 base in Osaka or Kyoto question
- 5 Train Travel in Thailand
- 6 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan
- 7 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 8 Tokyo hotels
- 9 New luxury hotel in Singapore
- 10 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 11 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 12 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 13 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 14 Adventures Abroad
- 15 4.5 days in Singapore
- 16 5 day rain-free trip in India
- 17 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 18 Hakone question
- 19 "Ishaani" and "Ranvir" return from 2 weeks in Uzbekistan
- 20 Advise on visting Hokkaido to photograph cranes
- 21 Question about travel to Mae Sot
- 22 Oh dear. Japan's 7-11 cash machines have just been robbed.
- 23 Japan tickets purchased a itinerary help needed
- 24 Phillipines with two young children in December
- 25 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November