I have two guide-related questions for my upcoming 3 day trip to Siem Reap and 1 day trip to Phnom Penh:
1) I'm looking at Trip Advisor's recommended sites for Siem Reap. How can I differentiate between who is a driver and who is an educated tour guide who will explain everything and teach us history? We want to use our three days to get educated about history. Not a tour guide who will give a few basic stats and leave us on our own to read our guidebook. Recommendations welcome!
2) Can I get around myself for one full day (arrive Wednesday night, leave Friday morning) without a guide in Phnom Penh? I want to efficiently pack in as much as possible. My husband and I are experienced travelers good with maps and a few SE Asia trips under our belts. Would a guide help, or is getting around the city self-explanatory?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 CANON printer 1:800:681:7208 installations CONTACT ☎ CANON TEC*h care 24/7
- 2 Sim cards and adaptors
- 3 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 4 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 5 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 6 Hotel in Hanoi
- 7 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 8 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 9 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 10 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 11 India help needed
- 12 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 13 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 14 Trekking outside Sapa
- 15 Place to stay Hue
- 16 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 17 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 18 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 19 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 20 Go to Pai or not?
- 21 Ko Kraden hotels
- 22 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 23 Hoi Ann hotel
- 24 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 25 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?