I have two guide-related questions for my upcoming 3 day trip to Siem Reap and 1 day trip to Phnom Penh:
1) I'm looking at Trip Advisor's recommended sites for Siem Reap. How can I differentiate between who is a driver and who is an educated tour guide who will explain everything and teach us history? We want to use our three days to get educated about history. Not a tour guide who will give a few basic stats and leave us on our own to read our guidebook. Recommendations welcome!
2) Can I get around myself for one full day (arrive Wednesday night, leave Friday morning) without a guide in Phnom Penh? I want to efficiently pack in as much as possible. My husband and I are experienced travelers good with maps and a few SE Asia trips under our belts. Would a guide help, or is getting around the city self-explanatory?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 2 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 3 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 4 further, the opposite exotic aspect
- 5 Bangkok
- 6 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 7 5 weeks in Japan
- 8 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 9 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 10 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 11 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 12 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 13 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 14 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 16 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 17 Lodge in Borneo
- 18 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 19 China and Japan help
- 20 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 21 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 22 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 23 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 24 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 25 Requesting Passport Number