I have two guide-related questions for my upcoming 3 day trip to Siem Reap and 1 day trip to Phnom Penh:
1) I'm looking at Trip Advisor's recommended sites for Siem Reap. How can I differentiate between who is a driver and who is an educated tour guide who will explain everything and teach us history? We want to use our three days to get educated about history. Not a tour guide who will give a few basic stats and leave us on our own to read our guidebook. Recommendations welcome!
2) Can I get around myself for one full day (arrive Wednesday night, leave Friday morning) without a guide in Phnom Penh? I want to efficiently pack in as much as possible. My husband and I are experienced travelers good with maps and a few SE Asia trips under our belts. Would a guide help, or is getting around the city self-explanatory?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.thegarciniaeliteslim.com/hl-slim-pro/
- 2 http://healthytipweb.com/illum-face-cream/
- 3 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 4 Road Scholar tour in China
- 5 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 6 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 7 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 8 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 9 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 10 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 11 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 12 Bali - What to do?
- 13 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 14 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 15 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 16 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 17 Being customs
- 18 Itinerary feedback please
- 19 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 20 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 21 Tips in Myanmar
- 22 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 23 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 24 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 25 myanmar