I have two guide-related questions for my upcoming 3 day trip to Siem Reap and 1 day trip to Phnom Penh:
1) I'm looking at Trip Advisor's recommended sites for Siem Reap. How can I differentiate between who is a driver and who is an educated tour guide who will explain everything and teach us history? We want to use our three days to get educated about history. Not a tour guide who will give a few basic stats and leave us on our own to read our guidebook. Recommendations welcome!
2) Can I get around myself for one full day (arrive Wednesday night, leave Friday morning) without a guide in Phnom Penh? I want to efficiently pack in as much as possible. My husband and I are experienced travelers good with maps and a few SE Asia trips under our belts. Would a guide help, or is getting around the city self-explanatory?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 2 http://gojixtremesitebrazil.com/megaform-funciona/
- 3 http://supplementranking.com/exoslim/
- 4 http://www.prohealthguides.com/megadrox/
- 5 Local Packers and Movers in Hyderabad
- 6 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 7 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 8 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 9 Hanoi Hotel
- 10 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 11 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 12 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 13 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 14 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 15 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 16 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 17 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 18 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 19 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 20 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 21 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 22 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 23 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 24 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 25 A great trip in India