Which place is worth a side trip from Osaka: Koyasan or Ise? I know one is Buddhist and the other Shinto. Looking for something spectacularly scenic and unique.
Which one is more do-able as a day trip from Osaka? Or it's better to spend a night there, esp. Koyasan--do templestay?
Thanks for your input!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 2 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 3 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 4 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 5 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 6 Gutted!
- 7 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 8 5 weeks in Japan
- 9 My visit to Lao
- 10 My visit to Thailand
- 11 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 12 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 13 Family Trip to Japan
- 14 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 15 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 16 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 17 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 18 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 19 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 20 New Member
- 21 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 22 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 23 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 24 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 25 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam