Which place is worth a side trip from Osaka: Koyasan or Ise? I know one is Buddhist and the other Shinto. Looking for something spectacularly scenic and unique.
Which one is more do-able as a day trip from Osaka? Or it's better to spend a night there, esp. Koyasan--do templestay?
Thanks for your input!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 2 Busan Central Bus Terminal
- 3 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 4 2 months in Taiwan - relaxing & hassle-free breaks in/out of the country?
- 5 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 6 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 7 Travel India solo
- 8 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 9 Osaka, aquarium?
- 10 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 11 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 12 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 13 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 14 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 15 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 16 North India Itinerary advice
- 17 Indonesia travel agent
- 18 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 19 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 20 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 21 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 22 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 23 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 24 A beach of choice on Samui
- 25 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui