Which place is worth a side trip from Osaka: Koyasan or Ise? I know one is Buddhist and the other Shinto. Looking for something spectacularly scenic and unique.
Which one is more do-able as a day trip from Osaka? Or it's better to spend a night there, esp. Koyasan--do templestay?
Thanks for your input!
Sidetrip from Osaka: Koyasan vs Ise?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 2 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 3 Chardham Yatra
- 4 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 5 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 6 Colombo
- 7 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 8 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 9 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 10 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 11 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 12 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 13 6 Hour Layover in Ho Chi Minh
- 14 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 15 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 16 Nepal- recipe?
- 17 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 18 China trip - 15 nights
- 19 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 20 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 21 best dining in Kyoto
- 22 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 23 Traveling India in 8 Months
- 24 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 25 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo