Which place is worth a side trip from Osaka: Koyasan or Ise? I know one is Buddhist and the other Shinto. Looking for something spectacularly scenic and unique.
Which one is more do-able as a day trip from Osaka? Or it's better to spend a night there, esp. Koyasan--do templestay?
Thanks for your input!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 2 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 3 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 4 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 5 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 6 Touristy Thailand
- 7 New Years in Japan
- 8 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 9 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 10 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 11 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 12 Myanmar tour companies
- 13 Help with 2 week Thailand itinerary
- 14 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 15 A Victory Day Tour
- 16 3 weeks in Japan
- 17 16 hour layover in Indonesia; what to do?
- 18 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 19 Kinosake Onsen Ryokan
- 20 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 21 One Visa for multiple countries?
- 22 Procuring Letter of Invitation from Kazakhastan for Visa
- 23 Memories: Astana, Expo 2017
- 24 A first time for everything in Japan
- 25 EF tours fired incompetent tour guide