Which place is worth a side trip from Osaka: Koyasan or Ise? I know one is Buddhist and the other Shinto. Looking for something spectacularly scenic and unique.
Which one is more do-able as a day trip from Osaka? Or it's better to spend a night there, esp. Koyasan--do templestay?
Thanks for your input!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Elephant Complex - A Beautiful New Travel Book on Sri Lanka
- 2 Punjabi Accessories Online Store
- 3 Khoa Sok National Park in April?
- 4 Is the Songkran Festival worth it?
- 5 Ko Phi Phi or a different island in April?
- 6 Bangkok in April?!?
- 7 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 8 Visiting Kyoto for the color - and there was no color
- 9 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 10 My visit to Vietnam
- 11 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 12 New Member
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 14 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 15 Japn tour 10 nights
- 16 5 weeks in Japan
- 17 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 18 My visit to Thailand
- 19 My visit to Cambodia
- 20 Family Trip to Japan
- 21 Tour guides for Tokyo, Kyoto, Hakone, and Nara
- 22 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 23 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 24 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 25 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?