It's been about 7 years since I've read or contributed to posts on Fodors. Life happens and just haven't been able to do any international traveling until now. But, I do remember receiving a lot of valuable feedback and information in planning trips to Thailand and Japan, so I'm back again to ask for advice.
My boyfriend and I have tickets booked to Bangkok in August. We'll be there for 14 days. My boyfriend has business and friends we will be visiting in Bangkok and there are 'touristy' things that each of us have missed on previous visits that we'd like to see/do, so we will definitely spend several days in Bangkok. But, we'd also like to plan to go somewhere else in the middle of our stay, maybe between 6-8 days long. The 3 options we are considering are:
1. Fly to Singapore, bus to Kuala Lumpur, fly back to Bangkok;
2. Bus to Siem Reap, bus to Phnom Pehn, fly back to Bangkok;
3. Fly to Chiang Mai, bus to Hoay Xay, boat ride to Luang Prabang, fly back to Bangkok.
Opinions? Is there any safety concern with any area that we should maybe consider?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 NETFLIX TECH SUPPORT CUSTOMER NUMBER&%1800,841,6436(
- 2 9 days in Bali
- 3 Elderly tourists attacked in Thailand
- 4 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 5 Activation of JR Pass
- 6 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 7 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 8 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 9 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 10 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 11 My new 10 year china visa
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 13 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 14 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 15 Layover in Hong Kong
- 16 Trip to Thailand - advice
- 17 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 18 5 weeks in Japan - Autumn 2011 Trip Report
- 19 Italy from an Asian base
- 20 2 weeks in Java
- 21 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 22 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 23 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 24 Hotel with easy access to Itami airport
- 25 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit