It's been about 7 years since I've read or contributed to posts on Fodors. Life happens and just haven't been able to do any international traveling until now. But, I do remember receiving a lot of valuable feedback and information in planning trips to Thailand and Japan, so I'm back again to ask for advice.
My boyfriend and I have tickets booked to Bangkok in August. We'll be there for 14 days. My boyfriend has business and friends we will be visiting in Bangkok and there are 'touristy' things that each of us have missed on previous visits that we'd like to see/do, so we will definitely spend several days in Bangkok. But, we'd also like to plan to go somewhere else in the middle of our stay, maybe between 6-8 days long. The 3 options we are considering are:
1. Fly to Singapore, bus to Kuala Lumpur, fly back to Bangkok;
2. Bus to Siem Reap, bus to Phnom Pehn, fly back to Bangkok;
3. Fly to Chiang Mai, bus to Hoay Xay, boat ride to Luang Prabang, fly back to Bangkok.
Opinions? Is there any safety concern with any area that we should maybe consider?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Khoa Sok National Park in April?
- 2 Bangkok in April?!?
- 3 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 4 Visiting Kyoto for the color - and there was no color
- 5 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 6 My visit to Vietnam
- 7 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 8 New Member
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 10 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 11 Japn tour 10 nights
- 12 5 weeks in Japan
- 13 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 14 My visit to Thailand
- 15 Elephant Complex - A Beautiful New Travel Book on Sri Lanka
- 16 My visit to Cambodia
- 17 Family Trip to Japan
- 18 Tour guides for Tokyo, Kyoto, Hakone, and Nara
- 19 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 20 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 21 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 22 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 23 Nepal
- 24 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 25 Sunday Brunch in Thailand