It's been about 7 years since I've read or contributed to posts on Fodors. Life happens and just haven't been able to do any international traveling until now. But, I do remember receiving a lot of valuable feedback and information in planning trips to Thailand and Japan, so I'm back again to ask for advice.
My boyfriend and I have tickets booked to Bangkok in August. We'll be there for 14 days. My boyfriend has business and friends we will be visiting in Bangkok and there are 'touristy' things that each of us have missed on previous visits that we'd like to see/do, so we will definitely spend several days in Bangkok. But, we'd also like to plan to go somewhere else in the middle of our stay, maybe between 6-8 days long. The 3 options we are considering are:
1. Fly to Singapore, bus to Kuala Lumpur, fly back to Bangkok;
2. Bus to Siem Reap, bus to Phnom Pehn, fly back to Bangkok;
3. Fly to Chiang Mai, bus to Hoay Xay, boat ride to Luang Prabang, fly back to Bangkok.
Opinions? Is there any safety concern with any area that we should maybe consider?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Techer : SETUP HP /TOshiba TEC*H SUPPORT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 PRINTER b*g
- 2 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 3 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 4 Mount Koya
- 5 Sometahing is wrong
- 6 Idiotic time zone question
- 7 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 8 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 9 Twin rooms in Japan
- 10 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 11 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 12 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 13 sri lanka- tips required
- 14 base bangkok or manilla
- 15 Christmas in the Alps
- 16 Change my Itinerary?
- 17 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week