It's been about 7 years since I've read or contributed to posts on Fodors. Life happens and just haven't been able to do any international traveling until now. But, I do remember receiving a lot of valuable feedback and information in planning trips to Thailand and Japan, so I'm back again to ask for advice.
My boyfriend and I have tickets booked to Bangkok in August. We'll be there for 14 days. My boyfriend has business and friends we will be visiting in Bangkok and there are 'touristy' things that each of us have missed on previous visits that we'd like to see/do, so we will definitely spend several days in Bangkok. But, we'd also like to plan to go somewhere else in the middle of our stay, maybe between 6-8 days long. The 3 options we are considering are:
1. Fly to Singapore, bus to Kuala Lumpur, fly back to Bangkok;
2. Bus to Siem Reap, bus to Phnom Pehn, fly back to Bangkok;
3. Fly to Chiang Mai, bus to Hoay Xay, boat ride to Luang Prabang, fly back to Bangkok.
Opinions? Is there any safety concern with any area that we should maybe consider?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 2 Trip Report : China
- 3 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 4 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 5 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 6 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 7 Other than Kyoto?
- 8 Japan GTG, early April
- 9 Beijing tours
- 10 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 11 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 12 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 13 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 14 A great trip in India
- 15 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 16 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 17 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 18 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 19 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 20 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 21 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 22 Takayama trail, Japan
- 23 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 24 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 25 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016