I'm leaving for Thailand on June 19th with my 16 year old son. We land in Bankok on June 20th (5:30pm) and 3 hours later I have a connecting flight to Chiang Mai. I spend the night at the Chedi then head off the next morning to Elephant Nature park for a week as volunteers. Yes, talk about jet lag! When the program ends, on Sunday we head back to the Chedi for 3 nights. We're hoping to hit the Sunday night market, Doi Suthep, cooking class and muay thai training. We were then heading to Bankok on the last leg of our trip for the last four nights. Being the situation as it is, I was wondering if it is safe to pass through the Bankok airport and if planes are running on schedule. On the return, is is safe to stay at an airport hotel? Basically, does it seem safe and logistically possible given the situation. My other question is...if we keep our plans for ENP and Chiang Mai (love to!) and not Bankok for the last 4 nights then where? Ko Sumui, Luang Prabang or Golden Triangle?
Should I cancel my trip to Thailand?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A letter for the forum administrator
- 2 Japan, japan
- 3 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 4 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 5 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 6 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 7 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 8 April in Bangkok, again!
- 9 Hong Kong restaurants
- 10 Problems at 12,000'
- 11 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 12 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 13 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 14 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 15 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 16 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 17 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 18 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 19 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 20 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 21 How safe is Delhi/India
- 22 Malaria
- 23 Vietnam and coffee
- 24 I'm going to Japan!
- 25 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?