I'm leaving for Thailand on June 19th with my 16 year old son. We land in Bankok on June 20th (5:30pm) and 3 hours later I have a connecting flight to Chiang Mai. I spend the night at the Chedi then head off the next morning to Elephant Nature park for a week as volunteers. Yes, talk about jet lag! When the program ends, on Sunday we head back to the Chedi for 3 nights. We're hoping to hit the Sunday night market, Doi Suthep, cooking class and muay thai training. We were then heading to Bankok on the last leg of our trip for the last four nights. Being the situation as it is, I was wondering if it is safe to pass through the Bankok airport and if planes are running on schedule. On the return, is is safe to stay at an airport hotel? Basically, does it seem safe and logistically possible given the situation. My other question is...if we keep our plans for ENP and Chiang Mai (love to!) and not Bankok for the last 4 nights then where? Ko Sumui, Luang Prabang or Golden Triangle?
Should I cancel my trip to Thailand?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 200cc UTV for teenagers
- 2 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 3 200cc UTV for teenagers
- 4 Independent female traveller
- 5 One week in India
- 6 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 7 Travel Within -- The Art of Living International Center, Bangalore
- 8 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 9 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 10 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 11 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 12 Castle & King
- 13 North Vietnam Again!
- 14 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 15 Bangkok airport taxi options
- 16 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 17 Complex Travel Group - Doable? Safe?
- 18 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 19 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 20 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 21 6 nights at Bahdhavgahr, or split between Bandhavgarg and Kanha?
- 22 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 23 Borneo or Sri Lanka for vacation?
- 24 reviews wanted for Sinorama tour company
- 25 We Recommend Our Guides! Saigon, Hanoi, Phnom Penh, Angkor