I'm leaving for Thailand on June 19th with my 16 year old son. We land in Bankok on June 20th (5:30pm) and 3 hours later I have a connecting flight to Chiang Mai. I spend the night at the Chedi then head off the next morning to Elephant Nature park for a week as volunteers. Yes, talk about jet lag! When the program ends, on Sunday we head back to the Chedi for 3 nights. We're hoping to hit the Sunday night market, Doi Suthep, cooking class and muay thai training. We were then heading to Bankok on the last leg of our trip for the last four nights. Being the situation as it is, I was wondering if it is safe to pass through the Bankok airport and if planes are running on schedule. On the return, is is safe to stay at an airport hotel? Basically, does it seem safe and logistically possible given the situation. My other question is...if we keep our plans for ENP and Chiang Mai (love to!) and not Bankok for the last 4 nights then where? Ko Sumui, Luang Prabang or Golden Triangle?
Should I cancel my trip to Thailand?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 2 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 3 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 4 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 5 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 6 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 7 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 8 Connaught Place
- 9 Nepal- recipe?
- 10 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 11 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 12 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 13 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 14 My SEA trip - photos update
- 15 vietnam and laos
- 16 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 17 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 18 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 19 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 20 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 21 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 22 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 23 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 24 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 25 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay