I'm leaving for Thailand on June 19th with my 16 year old son. We land in Bankok on June 20th (5:30pm) and 3 hours later I have a connecting flight to Chiang Mai. I spend the night at the Chedi then head off the next morning to Elephant Nature park for a week as volunteers. Yes, talk about jet lag! When the program ends, on Sunday we head back to the Chedi for 3 nights. We're hoping to hit the Sunday night market, Doi Suthep, cooking class and muay thai training. We were then heading to Bankok on the last leg of our trip for the last four nights. Being the situation as it is, I was wondering if it is safe to pass through the Bankok airport and if planes are running on schedule. On the return, is is safe to stay at an airport hotel? Basically, does it seem safe and logistically possible given the situation. My other question is...if we keep our plans for ENP and Chiang Mai (love to!) and not Bankok for the last 4 nights then where? Ko Sumui, Luang Prabang or Golden Triangle?
Should I cancel my trip to Thailand?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 2 Buy real and fake Passport ,Visa,Driving License,ID, etc
- 3 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 4 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 5 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 6 Nepal
- 7 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 8 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 9 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 10 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 11 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 12 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 13 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 14 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 15 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 16 1st time Japan - solo female
- 17 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 18 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 19 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 20 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 21 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 22 Odyssey unlimited
- 23 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 24 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 25 Myanmar Burma travel agent