The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Should a solo budget traveller worry about safety in PNG?
- 1 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 2 independent travel in India
- 3 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 4 Ratings of kaiseki meals at ryokans in Japan?
- 5 SINGAPORE OR CAMBODIA??? (April Honeymoon)
- 6 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 7 Malaysia and Thailand 2013 travelogues
- 8 Magical India
- 9 geisha performance
- 10 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 11 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 12 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 13 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 14 Trip report China
- 15 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 16 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 17 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 18 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 19 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 20 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 21 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 22 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 23 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 24 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 25 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays