The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 2 India visa for new passport
- 3 Advice on hotels in Shinjuku
- 4 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 5 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 6 What island to visit while visiting HongKong
- 7 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 8 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 9 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 10 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 11 Traffic and Police in India
- 12 Serendipity Srilanka
- 13 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 14 New Thai Visa
- 15 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 16 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 17 New Years in Japan
- 18 Sri Lanka in December
- 19 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 20 january 31 in colombo
- 21 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 22 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 23 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 24 3 weeks in Japan
- 25 A first time for everything in Japan