The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Should a solo budget traveller worry about safety in PNG?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 2 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 3 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 4 World Record-breaking Art Exhibition in Hong Kong ( Big Era - 1960s )
- 5 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 6 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 7 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 8 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 9 Welcome To Saigon. The Heat Is On.
- 10 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip
- 11 July itinerary in Japan
- 12 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 13 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 14 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 15 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 16 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 17 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 18 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 19 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 20 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 21 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 22 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 23 Myanmar - some questions
- 24 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 25 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?