The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Should a solo budget traveller worry about safety in PNG?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 vietnam and laos
- 2 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 3 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 4 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 5 My SEA trip - photos update
- 6 Nepal- recipe?
- 7 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 8 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 9 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 10 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 11 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 12 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 13 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 14 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 15 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 16 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 17 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 18 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 19 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 20 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 21 Connaught Place
- 22 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 23 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 24 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 25 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?