The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Should a solo budget traveller worry about safety in PNG?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 2 Taken to the police station for not carrying documents... please, help!
- 3 Need help planning a trip to Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam
- 4 Stop-over in Seoul
- 5 Sri Lanka itinerary-please critic
- 6 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 7 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 8 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 9 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 10 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 11 meeting at beijing airport
- 12 One week in Tokyo
- 13 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 14 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 15 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 16 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 17 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 18 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 19 Hotel in Singapore
- 20 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 21 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 22 Bali - January 2015
- 23 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 24 Visa Cambodia
- 25 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions