The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Should a solo budget traveller worry about safety in PNG?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 2 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 3 Foreign currency
- 4 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 5 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 6 how to book a train from -DaNang to Hue, Vietnam
- 7 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 8 Favorite travel apps?
- 9 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 10 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 11 Destination Bangkok, again
- 12 Honeymoon In sept
- 13 Vietnam October 2014
- 14 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 15 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 16 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 17 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 18 Indonesian visa update
- 19 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 20 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 21 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 22 where can i find replica handbags
- 23 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 24 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 25 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?