The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Should a solo budget traveller worry about safety in PNG?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 2 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 3 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 4 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 5 Myanmar podcast
- 6 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 7 Chiang Mai, Thailand airport departure tax
- 8 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 9 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 10 Burma with a toddler
- 11 Having doubts with China
- 12 .INDONESIA, ETC...great new book!
- 13 Where have you be able to find your small denomination pristine currency?
- 14 I have 6 nights end of Nov Beg of December - ImTHINKING.....
- 15 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!
- 16 Bali wedding in villa
- 17 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 18 beaches in Thailand
- 19 The world's biggest cave in Vietnam?
- 20 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 21 Escorted Tour of Vietnam
- 22 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 23 South Korea, 7th World Water Forum - April 2015
- 24 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 25 Craig and Jeane's Sydney & the Blue Mountains Trip Report is Up