The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Should a solo budget traveller worry about safety in PNG?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Adelphi Suites
- 2 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 3 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 4 2 Weeks in Thailand - Looking for suggestions
- 5 Hakone - where to stay for two nights
- 6 Clothing needs
- 7 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 8 Nancy Chandler maps
- 9 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 10 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 11 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 12 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 13 Help re. Visa.
- 14 Snow Monkeys in Japan
- 15 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 16 2-3 days to spend near Shanghai: Hangzhou or Monganshan?
- 17 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 18 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 19 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 20 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 21 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 22 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 23 Free Sumo ticket in Fukuoka November 21
- 24 Do we need to reserve trains far in advance or just rock up to Station?
- 25 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?