The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Should a solo budget traveller worry about safety in PNG?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Destination Bangkok, again
- 2 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 3 Drivers for Laos & Java
- 4 Phones in Asia
- 5 Japan in December
- 6 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 7 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 8 marmot and Others - Looking for Bali Furniture Advice
- 9 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 10 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 11 India Add-on
- 12 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 13 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 14 Travel during China national week?
- 15 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 16 Phuket
- 17 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 18 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 19 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 20 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 21 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii
- 22 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 23 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 24 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 25 India, What Can I Say!