The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Should a solo budget traveller worry about safety in PNG?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 2 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 3 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 4 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 5 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 6 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 7 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 8 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 9 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 10 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 11 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 12 1st time Japan - solo female
- 13 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 14 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 15 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 16 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 17 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 18 Odyssey unlimited
- 19 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 20 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 21 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 22 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 23 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 24 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 25 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February