The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Should a solo budget traveller worry about safety in PNG?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel during China national week?
- 2 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 3 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 4 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 5 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 6 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 7 Angkor - when to go?
- 8 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 9 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 10 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 11 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 12 India with 4 kids
- 13 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 14 Destination Bangkok, again
- 15 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 16 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 17 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 18 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 19 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 20 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 21 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 22 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 23 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 24 Bagan Guide Recommendation
- 25 Jakarta or Kuala Lumpor