The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 My visit to Lao
- 2 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 3 My visit to Thailand
- 4 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 5 5 weeks in Japan
- 6 Gutted!
- 7 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 8 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 9 Family Trip to Japan
- 10 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 11 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 12 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 13 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 14 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 15 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 16 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 17 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 18 New Member
- 19 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 20 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 21 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 22 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 23 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 24 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 25 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand