The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 2 In Seoul for one day
- 3 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 4 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 5 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 6 Seek Advice: Buying a pair of precription eyeglasses in Shanghai
- 7 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 8 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 9 India help with where to go
- 10 Is this crazy?
- 11 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 12 Hong Kong / Bangkok / Seoul / Tokyo
- 13 Taxis in Yangon
- 14 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 15 Feb 17 Itinenary (Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia)
- 16 144 Hour Visa Exception China
- 17 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 18 Shanghai Tailor?
- 19 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 20 Best of Koh Tao
- 21 Please help with my itinerary for Japan, Part One
- 22 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 23 Studying yoga in India
- 24 Please help with my itinerary for Japan, Part Two (more difficult)
- 25 Chiyoda or Shitaya area stay?