The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 2 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan
- 3 Train Travel in Thailand
- 4 Adventures Abroad
- 5 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 6 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 7 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 8 4.5 days in Singapore
- 9 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 10 5 day rain-free trip in India
- 11 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 12 Hakone question
- 13 "Ishaani" and "Ranvir" return from 2 weeks in Uzbekistan
- 14 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 15 Advise on visting Hokkaido to photograph cranes
- 16 Question about travel to Mae Sot
- 17 Oh dear. Japan's 7-11 cash machines have just been robbed.
- 18 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 19 Japan tickets purchased a itinerary help needed
- 20 Phillipines with two young children in December
- 21 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November
- 22 Hong Kong or Toyko
- 23 Hong Kong early June
- 24 India Mother-Son 1st Time HELP
- 25 Transportation from Narita airport to the Marriott