The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Six weeks in Mongolia Early Planning
- 2 Thailand For 5 weeks starting 11/5/2015
- 3 Koh phangan or koh lanta December?
- 4 November trip to Myanmar and Cambodia
- 5 Yunnan to Guilin
- 6 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 7 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 8 Honeymoon - Phuket / Kho Lak - Hotel Advice?
- 9 looking for 1 week Vietnam itinerary suggestions
- 10 Hotel recommendation-Ho Chi Minh City
- 11 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 12 Pl suggest itinerary in Taipei / surrounds for 6 nights Nov 2015
- 13 where can I buy IASO?
- 14 Looking for country suggestions for 2 week itinerary for next year's trip
- 15 Chaing Mai how long and 1-day meditation retreat
- 16 HONG KONG: 9 Must-Dine Restaurants To Suit Every Budget
- 17 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 18 Once again, possible Nepal backup
- 19 Thai Air Suspends L.A. Flight
- 20 Help please! Trying to plan an Asia/Middle East/Russia trip!
- 21 Kyushu planning (March-April)
- 22 Yangon's growing photography scene
- 23 Bagan must see with a guide
- 24 Okinawa on Anthony Bourdain tonight
- 25 Nepal - Safe to Go Mid Oct? Earthquakes + Political Unrest