The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 2 Amazing service - Himalayan Leaders
- 3 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 4 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 5 Tauck or Abercrombie and Kent or Louise Nicholson
- 6 First trip to Japan
- 7 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 8 Northern India in June
- 9 Hakone Free Pass
- 10 8.5 Days in India - Insane?
- 11 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 12 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 13 OAT trip to India
- 14 Thailand Itinerary...which order?
- 15 Chiang Mai...should we?
- 16 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 17 Castle & King tour operator review
- 18 Santhiya or Anatara in Koh Phangan?
- 19 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 20 What beach to choose?!?!
- 21 Thailand itinerary help - 3 weeks in December
- 22 Singapore or Bali
- 23 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 24 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 25 RHK'S Spring trip