The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 2 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 3 Seeking Vietnam Itinerary Advice
- 4 Burma or Laos.
- 5 2-3 nights in Ubud, where to stay?
- 6 What to do with 2 weeks on honeymoon in Paradise Bali
- 7 Burma and Vietnam, when to go.
- 8 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 9 Planning a 2-week trip to Thailand in mid-August
- 10 Vietnam - September 2015
- 11 hanoi eats
- 12 Hakone accommodation options
- 13 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 14 Off the beaten track in Japan (Recommendation, please)
- 15 Visa
- 16 Comments please on 6 week South India Itinerary
- 17 Restaurants
- 18 My First Passage to India
- 19 Northern Vietnam Itinerary
- 20 Castle & King tour operator review
- 21 Indiana to India Via Texas
- 22 International Schools in Palolem / South Goa
- 23 Vietnam Visa Exemption
- 24 Sri Lanka plan
- 25 Thinking about a trip to China....