The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Should a solo budget traveller worry about safety in PNG?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Castle & King
- 2 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 3 Unforgettable visit to Leh-Ladakh, India
- 4 KTM via nonstop United Business toChengdu vs Asiana Chengdu via Seoul
- 5 India: Visa on arrival for USA psprt
- 6 One week in Thailand
- 7 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 8 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 9 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 10 India and Nepal 2014
- 11 Independent female traveller
- 12 Tour company practices
- 13 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 14 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!
- 15 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 16 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 17 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015
- 18 Help! Which to choose?
- 19 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 20 North Vietnam Again!
- 21 Passport Safety
- 22 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 23 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 24 Mt Aso Eruption
- 25 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)