The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hakone station confusion
- 2 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 3 travel ideas for Thailand and ??
- 4 Last questions (train pass!) on 19-day itinerary
- 5 Traveling to SE Asia
- 6 Rifaximin for the dreaded stomach issues
- 7 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 8 Rupees upon arrival in Delhi
- 9 1 month in Thailand and??
- 10 Kimballs in Panama
- 11 Japan - 8 nights. Tokyo, Osaka &
- 12 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 13 Tailor recommendation in Hoi An Viet Nam
- 14 Visa on Arrival
- 15 first draft -- java and bali, plus
- 16 Best Thailand beach town for family with 2 toddlers?
- 17 TOKYO tour guide
- 18 Flights from Florida to Thailand
- 19 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 20 Borneo/Sabah Itinerary: Danum or Kinabatagan?
- 21 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 22 Japan Hakone Free Pass
- 23 Ramayana Ballet
- 24 Tourist killed by elephant in Koh Samui
- 25 Tokyo-subway Rush hours