The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 2 Beijing tours
- 3 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 4 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 5 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 6 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 7 Japan GTG, early April
- 8 Trip Report : China
- 9 Japan itinerary advice
- 10 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 11 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 12 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 15 Other than Kyoto?
- 16 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 17 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 18 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 19 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 20 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 21 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 22 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 23 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 24 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 25 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!