The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Online Store to buy Ballet Flats
- 2 Eating in India
- 3 Trekking in India
- 4 Where best to stay in Penang
- 5 Best beaches in Sri Lanka
- 6 Vietnam - September 2015
- 7 Yangon Birthday Dinner
- 8 Hotel in Hanoi
- 9 17-Day Itinerary
- 10 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 11 Advice on tour company to Sri Lanka
- 12 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 13 Need Help for the itinerary
- 14 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 15 India On Arrival Visa
- 16 vietnam transportation
- 17 Where to eat on a budget in Tokyo
- 18 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 19 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 20 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 21 12 days in Japan
- 22 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 23 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 24 Tigerwalah Experience
- 25 Udon Thani, Thailand - Rustic Pathways high school summer program