The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Should a solo budget traveller worry about safety in PNG?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali - Suggested Driver/Car - Seminyak and Ubud Expert
- 2 Malaysian honeymoon
- 3 Beach selection in Thailand
- 4 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 5 India - 2 Days only
- 6 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 7 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 8 Burma river cruise
- 9 hotel Paradise Island in Bentota, Sri Lanka toxic hepatitis.
- 10 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 11 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 12 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 13 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 14 Red River Delta in Viet Nam: A Good Idea for a Day Trip from Hanoi?
- 15 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 16 Travel during China national week?
- 17 My trip report from the Philippines
- 18 China with Collette Tours
- 19 Exploring Thailand
- 20 Air Asia package from Koh Lipe to Bangkok
- 21 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 22 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 23 Traveling solo to Thailand and looking for recommended tour company
- 24 Buying cycling clothes in Bangkok
- 25 Ho Chi Minh Mekong delta, pnom penh