The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Should a solo budget traveller worry about safety in PNG?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Angkor Wat guide
- 2 Feedback on Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia Itinerary, Please!
- 3 Visa for Burma/Myanmar from US Embassy in DC?
- 4 thai air Discovery pass question
- 5 CAMBODIA to VIETNAM
- 6 Delhi hotel & Pickup
- 7 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 8 India...Men's shorts OK?
- 9 Car rental recommendation - Kanazawa
- 10 Kllok Travel for Hong Kong. Anybody use it?
- 11 Tokyo Map Recommendation
- 12 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 13 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 14 Samui Travelers, Tell Me it is Safer Than What I'm Reading : (
- 15 Beware of Many China Job & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 16 Driver/Guide recommendation for day trips from Ubud?
- 17 10 days in South Korea?
- 18 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 19 Hotels and Hostels in Thailand
- 20 kyoto hotel - dilema
- 21 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 22 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 23 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 24 India at the end of May
- 25 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience