The security situation in PNG comes very controversial over various internet sources!
Many governement travel advice offices warn for terrible things to happen, while travellers report better situation.
iI anybody has a good idea about how things are going this period, I would be greatfull to know!
My plan is to travel solo and budget, so with public transport and stay at simple places, which might expose the backpacker to some more possible danger, instead of staying in top end hotels with security, private transport etc, which is not my case.
I'm thinking to enter overland from Indonesia and stay for about 10 days, then return to Indonesia or fly ex Port Moresby.
Many thanks guys
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 2 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 3 Sudden holiday to Japan
- 4 Japan Questions - shots, shoulders and shorts
- 5 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 6 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 7 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 8 Hong Kong
- 9 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 10 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 11 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 12 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 13 Something about... Malaysia
- 14 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 15 Budget Servied Apt
- 16 Terracotta Warriors
- 17 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 18 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 19 hiking japan sept
- 20 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 21 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 22 The best way to My Son
- 23 Japan Itinerary!
- 24 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 25 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus