We will be spending 7 days in Sri Lanka, visiting my brother in law in Colombo. We'll definitely spend a couple days in Colombo, but we were thinking about a 3 day trip to somewhere else on the island. We're most interested in monuments, historical/cultural attractions. We've seen many, many tea plantations and done wildlife safaris in other countries, so we're not inclined that way. Any suggestions? Especially for places that might be a bit more off the beaten track? Also, any worthwhile day trips from Colombo?
Short Visit to Sri Lanka -- what to do?
View all Asia activity »
- 1 escort service in Beijing?
- 2 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 3 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 4 Kathie's Burma Bookshelf
- 5 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?
- 6 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 7 Indian Visa
- 8 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 9 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour
- 10 India Visa - Does TRAVISA handle dealing with BLS International?
- 11 Magical India
- 12 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 13 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 14 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 15 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 16 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 17 Japan Times "Backstreet Stories"
- 18 ONLINE HOTEL BOOKING SCAM
- 19 Don't use World Expeditions
- 20 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 21 First time in Japan
- 22 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 23 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 24 Heyloo Hampi
- 25 Southern India