We will be spending 7 days in Sri Lanka, visiting my brother in law in Colombo. We'll definitely spend a couple days in Colombo, but we were thinking about a 3 day trip to somewhere else on the island. We're most interested in monuments, historical/cultural attractions. We've seen many, many tea plantations and done wildlife safaris in other countries, so we're not inclined that way. Any suggestions? Especially for places that might be a bit more off the beaten track? Also, any worthwhile day trips from Colombo?
Short Visit to Sri Lanka -- what to do?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 2 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 3 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 4 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 5 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 6 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 7 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 8 Travel during China national week?
- 9 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 10 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 11 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 12 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 13 Angkor - when to go?
- 14 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 15 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 16 India with 4 kids
- 17 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 18 Destination Bangkok, again
- 19 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 20 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 21 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 22 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 23 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 24 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 25 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)