We will be spending 7 days in Sri Lanka, visiting my brother in law in Colombo. We'll definitely spend a couple days in Colombo, but we were thinking about a 3 day trip to somewhere else on the island. We're most interested in monuments, historical/cultural attractions. We've seen many, many tea plantations and done wildlife safaris in other countries, so we're not inclined that way. Any suggestions? Especially for places that might be a bit more off the beaten track? Also, any worthwhile day trips from Colombo?
Short Visit to Sri Lanka -- what to do?
- 1 Cell Phones in India
- 2 Bali Private Driver and Profesional Day Tour Guide
- 3 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 4 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 5 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 6 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 7 white sand beaches in thailand
- 8 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 9 Udaipur, India
- 10 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 11 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 12 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 13 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 14 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 15 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 16 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 17 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 18 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 19 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 20 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 21 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 22 where to go in SE Asia
- 23 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 24 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 25 Kuala Lumpur - Doubletree (Hilton) or Renaissance (Marriott)?