Husband and I have decided to go to India for our honeymoon. We have 5 days and 4 nights, coming in August very early in the morning and leaving very late at night. Since we only have that much time, we are planning only to see the Taj Mahal, Lotus Temple, Akshardham, Humayan's Tomb, Lodi Garden, Raj Path, etc), and maybe be able to experience a little bit of the culture by doing things like check the elephants or tigers or other things like a little bit of shopping. Seems to be a lot of hotels in the Delhi area, but we are not sure if that is the best place to book a hotel for good prices and as a starting point to go around places that we want to visit while we are there, and also could offer airport shuttle service included in fee and early check-in and late checkout. The easiest way would be to book all of 4 nights in one hotel maybe in Delhi, but watching the sunset at Taj Mahal and staying the night there in Agra sound appealing as well. Could anybody help us try to figure out a nice itinerary for a couple who has never gone to India? Which hotel would best fit for our needs at this time, and could pick us up at the airport and drop us off? Budget for hotel would be around INR 5500. We are open to tours as long as they are not too expensive. Not sure how to get around across the country as well. I'm in dire need of help!
short trip to india, how to start making itinerary and where to stay
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 2 Seeking itinerary advice - 14 days in Japan in November
- 3 6.5 days in Java and Bali
- 4 Myanmar: Looking for a perfect driver/guide?
- 5 Travel Insurance
- 6 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 7 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 8 Please help me decide on the night before my flight-Agra or New Delhi?
- 9 best dining in Kyoto
- 10 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 11 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 12 Trip report from Phu Quoc in Vietnam
- 13 India travel agency/tour operator recommendations-OAT? WorldSpree?
- 14 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 15 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 16 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 17 Colombo
- 18 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 19 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 20 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 21 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 22 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 23 6 Hour Layover in Ho Chi Minh
- 24 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 25 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe