Husband and I have decided to go to India for our honeymoon. We have 5 days and 4 nights, coming in August very early in the morning and leaving very late at night. Since we only have that much time, we are planning only to see the Taj Mahal, Lotus Temple, Akshardham, Humayan's Tomb, Lodi Garden, Raj Path, etc), and maybe be able to experience a little bit of the culture by doing things like check the elephants or tigers or other things like a little bit of shopping. Seems to be a lot of hotels in the Delhi area, but we are not sure if that is the best place to book a hotel for good prices and as a starting point to go around places that we want to visit while we are there, and also could offer airport shuttle service included in fee and early check-in and late checkout. The easiest way would be to book all of 4 nights in one hotel maybe in Delhi, but watching the sunset at Taj Mahal and staying the night there in Agra sound appealing as well. Could anybody help us try to figure out a nice itinerary for a couple who has never gone to India? Which hotel would best fit for our needs at this time, and could pick us up at the airport and drop us off? Budget for hotel would be around INR 5500. We are open to tours as long as they are not too expensive. Not sure how to get around across the country as well. I'm in dire need of help!
short trip to india, how to start making itinerary and where to stay
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 2 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 3 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 4 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 5 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 6 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 7 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 8 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 9 Myanmar - some questions
- 10 July itinerary in Japan
- 11 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 12 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 13 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 14 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 15 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 16 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 17 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 18 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen
- 19 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 20 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 21 Anything in Hanoi apart from the Old Quarter
- 22 hokkaido outskirts
- 23 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 24 HKIA taxi with 3 people plus luggage?
- 25 India and Nepal 2014