Husband and I have decided to go to India for our honeymoon. We have 5 days and 4 nights, coming in August very early in the morning and leaving very late at night. Since we only have that much time, we are planning only to see the Taj Mahal, Lotus Temple, Akshardham, Humayan's Tomb, Lodi Garden, Raj Path, etc), and maybe be able to experience a little bit of the culture by doing things like check the elephants or tigers or other things like a little bit of shopping. Seems to be a lot of hotels in the Delhi area, but we are not sure if that is the best place to book a hotel for good prices and as a starting point to go around places that we want to visit while we are there, and also could offer airport shuttle service included in fee and early check-in and late checkout. The easiest way would be to book all of 4 nights in one hotel maybe in Delhi, but watching the sunset at Taj Mahal and staying the night there in Agra sound appealing as well. Could anybody help us try to figure out a nice itinerary for a couple who has never gone to India? Which hotel would best fit for our needs at this time, and could pick us up at the airport and drop us off? Budget for hotel would be around INR 5500. We are open to tours as long as they are not too expensive. Not sure how to get around across the country as well. I'm in dire need of help!
short trip to india, how to start making itinerary and where to stay
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India and Nepal 2014
- 2 India and Nepal 2014
- 3 Independent female traveller
- 4 Tour company practices
- 5 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 6 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 7 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 8 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!
- 9 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 10 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 11 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015
- 12 Help! Which to choose?
- 13 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 14 North Vietnam Again!
- 15 Passport Safety
- 16 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 17 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 18 Castle & King
- 19 Mt Aso Eruption
- 20 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 21 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 22 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 23 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 24 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 25 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia