Husband and I have decided to go to India for our honeymoon. We have 5 days and 4 nights, coming in August very early in the morning and leaving very late at night. Since we only have that much time, we are planning only to see the Taj Mahal, Lotus Temple, Akshardham, Humayan's Tomb, Lodi Garden, Raj Path, etc), and maybe be able to experience a little bit of the culture by doing things like check the elephants or tigers or other things like a little bit of shopping. Seems to be a lot of hotels in the Delhi area, but we are not sure if that is the best place to book a hotel for good prices and as a starting point to go around places that we want to visit while we are there, and also could offer airport shuttle service included in fee and early check-in and late checkout. The easiest way would be to book all of 4 nights in one hotel maybe in Delhi, but watching the sunset at Taj Mahal and staying the night there in Agra sound appealing as well. Could anybody help us try to figure out a nice itinerary for a couple who has never gone to India? Which hotel would best fit for our needs at this time, and could pick us up at the airport and drop us off? Budget for hotel would be around INR 5500. We are open to tours as long as they are not too expensive. Not sure how to get around across the country as well. I'm in dire need of help!
short trip to india, how to start making itinerary and where to stay
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 2 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 3 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 4 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 5 Connaught Place
- 6 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 7 vietnam and laos
- 8 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 9 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 10 My SEA trip - photos update
- 11 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 12 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 13 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 14 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 15 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 16 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 17 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 18 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 19 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 20 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 21 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 22 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 23 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 24 1 week in Southeast Asia
- 25 Drink Rec for Sri Lankan Food