Husband and I have decided to go to India for our honeymoon. We have 5 days and 4 nights, coming in August very early in the morning and leaving very late at night. Since we only have that much time, we are planning only to see the Taj Mahal, Lotus Temple, Akshardham, Humayan's Tomb, Lodi Garden, Raj Path, etc), and maybe be able to experience a little bit of the culture by doing things like check the elephants or tigers or other things like a little bit of shopping. Seems to be a lot of hotels in the Delhi area, but we are not sure if that is the best place to book a hotel for good prices and as a starting point to go around places that we want to visit while we are there, and also could offer airport shuttle service included in fee and early check-in and late checkout. The easiest way would be to book all of 4 nights in one hotel maybe in Delhi, but watching the sunset at Taj Mahal and staying the night there in Agra sound appealing as well. Could anybody help us try to figure out a nice itinerary for a couple who has never gone to India? Which hotel would best fit for our needs at this time, and could pick us up at the airport and drop us off? Budget for hotel would be around INR 5500. We are open to tours as long as they are not too expensive. Not sure how to get around across the country as well. I'm in dire need of help!
short trip to india, how to start making itinerary and where to stay
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 6 full days in Yagoon
- 2 Flying back and forth between Vietnam and Cambodia: where to start
- 3 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 4 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 5 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 6 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 7 5 day Bangkok Itinerary?
- 8 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 9 Places to visit in India in October
- 10 Amphawa Floating Market
- 11 Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.
- 12 Currency in South Korea
- 13 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan
- 14 Krabi island tours
- 15 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 16 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 17 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 18 Malaysian honeymoon
- 19 itinerary sri lanka please help
- 20 Myanmar itinerary help
- 21 Thailand and Southeast Asia - Advice for Lone Female
- 22 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 23 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 24 Looking for a good travel agent to plan Vietnam Laos and ?? Travel
- 25 Burma? Laos? Cambodia? Vietnam? - I need some help!