Husband and I have decided to go to India for our honeymoon. We have 5 days and 4 nights, coming in August very early in the morning and leaving very late at night. Since we only have that much time, we are planning only to see the Taj Mahal, Lotus Temple, Akshardham, Humayan's Tomb, Lodi Garden, Raj Path, etc), and maybe be able to experience a little bit of the culture by doing things like check the elephants or tigers or other things like a little bit of shopping. Seems to be a lot of hotels in the Delhi area, but we are not sure if that is the best place to book a hotel for good prices and as a starting point to go around places that we want to visit while we are there, and also could offer airport shuttle service included in fee and early check-in and late checkout. The easiest way would be to book all of 4 nights in one hotel maybe in Delhi, but watching the sunset at Taj Mahal and staying the night there in Agra sound appealing as well. Could anybody help us try to figure out a nice itinerary for a couple who has never gone to India? Which hotel would best fit for our needs at this time, and could pick us up at the airport and drop us off? Budget for hotel would be around INR 5500. We are open to tours as long as they are not too expensive. Not sure how to get around across the country as well. I'm in dire need of help!
short trip to india, how to start making itinerary and where to stay
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 2 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 3 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 4 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 5 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 6 itinerary sri lanka please help
- 7 Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary
- 8 Sri Lanka - Itinerary Ideas?
- 9 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 10 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?
- 11 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 12 One Week in Beijing, what would you do?
- 13 Need a guide in Burma?
- 14 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 15 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 16 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 17 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 18 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 19 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 20 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 21 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 22 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 23 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 24 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 25 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea