I am planning our summer 2011 trip to China and have 2-3 days available for either Hong Kong or Shanghai, and not sure which to choose. We are travelling with our 11 yr. old, so not interested in night life, and shopping is not high on our list of things to do. We enjoy historic sites, sceenery, walking, light hiking, and seeing things unique to the part of the world we are visiting. If you had to choose which of these cities to travel to, which would it be and why?
Shanghai or Hong Kong?
View all Asia activity »
- 1 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 2 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 3 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 4 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 5 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 6 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 7 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 8 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 9 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 10 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 11 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 12 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 13 Bali -- Visa on Arrival
- 14 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 15 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 16 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 17 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 18 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 19 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 20 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 21 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 22 Anyone in Bangkok
- 23 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 24 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 25 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK