I am planning our summer 2011 trip to China and have 2-3 days available for either Hong Kong or Shanghai, and not sure which to choose. We are travelling with our 11 yr. old, so not interested in night life, and shopping is not high on our list of things to do. We enjoy historic sites, sceenery, walking, light hiking, and seeing things unique to the part of the world we are visiting. If you had to choose which of these cities to travel to, which would it be and why?
Shanghai or Hong Kong?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 2 Advice re. day trip from Chiang Rai to Mae Sai & Golden Triangle
- 3 Airport pick up from Narita
- 4 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 5 Will the new $100 bill be rejected or accepted in Burma?
- 6 Thailand Flights-Bangkok to Phuket
- 7 help with itinerary!
- 8 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 9 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 10 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 12 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 13 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 14 Christmas Time in India
- 15 Having doubts with China
- 16 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 17 Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- 18 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 19 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 20 What are the best near places to tour from Panchalingeswar in Odisha
- 21 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 22 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 23 Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?
- 24 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!
- 25 Myanmar podcast