I am planning our summer 2011 trip to China and have 2-3 days available for either Hong Kong or Shanghai, and not sure which to choose. We are travelling with our 11 yr. old, so not interested in night life, and shopping is not high on our list of things to do. We enjoy historic sites, sceenery, walking, light hiking, and seeing things unique to the part of the world we are visiting. If you had to choose which of these cities to travel to, which would it be and why?
Shanghai or Hong Kong?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan in December
- 2 Destination Bangkok, again
- 3 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 4 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 5 India Add-on
- 6 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 7 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 8 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 9 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 10 Travel during China national week?
- 11 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 12 Phuket
- 13 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 14 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 15 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 16 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 17 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii
- 18 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 19 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 20 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 21 India, What Can I Say!
- 22 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 23 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 24 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 25 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap