I am planning our summer 2011 trip to China and have 2-3 days available for either Hong Kong or Shanghai, and not sure which to choose. We are travelling with our 11 yr. old, so not interested in night life, and shopping is not high on our list of things to do. We enjoy historic sites, sceenery, walking, light hiking, and seeing things unique to the part of the world we are visiting. If you had to choose which of these cities to travel to, which would it be and why?
Shanghai or Hong Kong?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 April in Bangkok, again!
- 2 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 3 Which Putu in Bali????
- 4 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 5 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 6 Japan, japan
- 7 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 8 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 9 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 10 Hong Kong restaurants
- 11 Problems at 12,000'
- 12 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 13 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 14 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 15 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 16 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 17 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 18 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 19 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 20 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 21 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 22 How safe is Delhi/India
- 23 Malaria
- 24 Vietnam and coffee
- 25 I'm going to Japan!