I am planning our summer 2011 trip to China and have 2-3 days available for either Hong Kong or Shanghai, and not sure which to choose. We are travelling with our 11 yr. old, so not interested in night life, and shopping is not high on our list of things to do. We enjoy historic sites, sceenery, walking, light hiking, and seeing things unique to the part of the world we are visiting. If you had to choose which of these cities to travel to, which would it be and why?
Shanghai or Hong Kong?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 2 An extra day or two--suggestions? (Kanto, Chubu, Kinki or Chugoku)
- 3 Tokyo to Takayama with transit in Matsumoto in one day
- 4 Chiang Mai seven days - help please?
- 5 Keng Tung Trek, difficult, moderate, or easy?
- 6 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 7 Myanmar: Anyone traveled to Mrauk U ?
- 8 Sri Lanka Itinerary: comments welcome
- 9 Singapòre with a 9 year old
- 10 Feedback on our C&K India itinerary
- 11 Malaysian honeymoon
- 12 Backpacking - Does she remind you of anyone?
- 13 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 14 Indonesia - 1 month itinerary
- 15 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 16 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 17 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 18 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 19 India - 2 Days only
- 20 China with Collette Tours
- 21 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 23 Beach selection in Thailand
- 24 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 25 Burma river cruise