I am headed to Shanghai in mid-November for my first China business trip and thought I would go five days early to do some touring. Have been reading shanghainese(?) postings and getting some great ideas there. One of the suggestions was to wait and book day trips when I get there so anything to look for or avoid? Is it better to book through the hotel? I will be by myself (female and 50s) and would probably take one day low key to recover, one day to tour Shanghai, and the other days to visit some of the outlying water towns and gardens. Noticed that Grey Line Tours have several packages and has anyone taken those and, if so, your thoughts? My company is paying for my airfare so don't need to book a package from Seattle but if there are land packages anyone has done and enjoyed, that would be great. Also have a gazillion Marriott points so can anyone recommend which of the Marriott properties would be located best to use as home base? Just a little anxious as 1) just found out I am going and don't have lots of time to research, and 2) have managed my way around Europe on independent travel but this seems really intimidating!
Shanghai for 5 days in November
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2014 - Kathmandu, Pokhara, Poon Hill Trek
- 2 Staying 3 nights in Jaisalmer, what attractions we should see
- 3 Krabi island tours
- 4 beaches in Thailand
- 5 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 6 Trying To Decide Between These 2 Hotels In Singapore
- 7 Anatara Riverside Bangkok
- 8 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 9 Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary
- 10 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 11 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 12 A little help with my Burma plan..
- 13 Kyushu rail pass
- 14 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 15 6 full days in Yagoon
- 16 Juphal and dunai help needed
- 17 Feedback on Thailand/SE Asia initial itinerary w/ kids
- 18 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 19 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 20 2 Weeks Thailand Honeymoon
- 21 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 22 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 23 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 24 Currency in South Korea
- 25 Tipping in Japan