3 Days in Seoul in late April.
Accommodation - An airbnb place for about US $60 per night. It was clean, quiet and comfortable and everything worked properly. It's in a quiet residential neighborhood but still close to everything. Look on airbnb for "btw Seoul Station and Hongdae."
Food - Not easy to find places for breakfast and I never found the good bibimbap that I was hoping for, but there are lots of good dumplings.
Costs - Very low. Food, subways, taxis, museums are all very good value.
Weather - It rained almost the entire time.
People - Not all that much English spoken, but I was able to get by perfectly well. On a few occasions people came over to ask if I needed help finding something.
Temples - Saw three of the main ones. I suppose if you are an architecture buff, you will enjoy them. For me, they all looked pretty much the same. I took the Secret Garden Tour which was no big deal. Perhaps in the fall it is better.
Museums - The Korean War Museum was ok, but surprisingly outdated. It was a victory for liberal democracy over communist tyranny? The south was just as tyrannical as the north at that time. The Seodaemun Prison was more interesting. And I found the World Cup museum enjoyable. It was nice to have the stadium entirely to myself.
The Cheonggyecheon stream promenade was a nice walk. And though I don't know which one, one of the mountains was located right near the apt I stayed at. It was an easy climb and with great views. I also liked walking around Insadong and Itaewon.
Jimjilbangs - Went to three. The Silloam was a bit hard to find, but interesting with about a hundred nude Korean bathers. At Itaewonland, there were only about 6 other people there. Both were about US $6 to enter. The Spa on Air at Incheon airport is the most expensive and least clean, but also least crowded and a nice treat before or after a flight.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 놀이터추천〃〃SCB 33。ＣOM【코드: 0055】〃〃네임드사다리
- 2 사이트추천【【SCB33。ＣＯＭ -코드: 0055】】★wuu야구추천
- 3 바카라사이트【 SCB 3 3、CＯM - 코드: 0055 】♥프로토승부식
- 4 배팅사이트【【SCB33。ＣＯＭ -코드: 0055】】◎tsh배당좋은사이트
- 5 Avoid These Common Misconceptions
- 6 메이저놀이터【 SCB 3 3、CＯM - 코드: 0055 】▒해외에이전시
- 7 검증된놀이터〃〃SCB 33。ＣOM【코드: 0055】〃〃축구배팅
- 8 사이트추천【【 SCB33 。CＯM『가입코드: 0055』】】스포츠분석
- 9 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 10 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 11 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 12 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 13 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 14 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 15 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 16 Indonesia travel agent
- 17 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 18 A beach of choice on Samui
- 19 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 20 Bangkok Taxis
- 21 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 22 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 23 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 24 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 25 A month in central Asia
3 Days in Seoul in late April.