3 Days in Seoul in late April.
Accommodation - An airbnb place for about US $60 per night. It was clean, quiet and comfortable and everything worked properly. It's in a quiet residential neighborhood but still close to everything. Look on airbnb for "btw Seoul Station and Hongdae."
Food - Not easy to find places for breakfast and I never found the good bibimbap that I was hoping for, but there are lots of good dumplings.
Costs - Very low. Food, subways, taxis, museums are all very good value.
Weather - It rained almost the entire time.
People - Not all that much English spoken, but I was able to get by perfectly well. On a few occasions people came over to ask if I needed help finding something.
Temples - Saw three of the main ones. I suppose if you are an architecture buff, you will enjoy them. For me, they all looked pretty much the same. I took the Secret Garden Tour which was no big deal. Perhaps in the fall it is better.
Museums - The Korean War Museum was ok, but surprisingly outdated. It was a victory for liberal democracy over communist tyranny? The south was just as tyrannical as the north at that time. The Seodaemun Prison was more interesting. And I found the World Cup museum enjoyable. It was nice to have the stadium entirely to myself.
The Cheonggyecheon stream promenade was a nice walk. And though I don't know which one, one of the mountains was located right near the apt I stayed at. It was an easy climb and with great views. I also liked walking around Insadong and Itaewon.
Jimjilbangs - Went to three. The Silloam was a bit hard to find, but interesting with about a hundred nude Korean bathers. At Itaewonland, there were only about 6 other people there. Both were about US $6 to enter. The Spa on Air at Incheon airport is the most expensive and least clean, but also least crowded and a nice treat before or after a flight.
Seoul Trip Report
3 Days in Seoul in late April.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 2 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 3 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 4 My SEA trip - photos update
- 5 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 6 1 week in Southeast Asia
- 7 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 8 Drink Rec for Sri Lankan Food
- 9 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 10 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 11 Jewelry shopping in Bangkok
- 12 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 13 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 14 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 15 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 16 Advice needed for April itinerary and rail pass
- 17 visiting Edu castle on 1/2/15
- 18 Are teens dressed in costumes in Harajuku on days other than Sunday?
- 19 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 20 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 21 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 22 Ao Nang-Phi Phi and Phi Phi-Phuket
- 23 RTP Spokesman: Tourists DO NOT Need To Carry Passports
- 24 vietnam and laos
- 25 Japan tips: where to stay in Tokyo, where to snowboard and day trips