3 Days in Seoul in late April.
Accommodation - An airbnb place for about US $60 per night. It was clean, quiet and comfortable and everything worked properly. It's in a quiet residential neighborhood but still close to everything. Look on airbnb for "btw Seoul Station and Hongdae."
Food - Not easy to find places for breakfast and I never found the good bibimbap that I was hoping for, but there are lots of good dumplings.
Costs - Very low. Food, subways, taxis, museums are all very good value.
Weather - It rained almost the entire time.
People - Not all that much English spoken, but I was able to get by perfectly well. On a few occasions people came over to ask if I needed help finding something.
Temples - Saw three of the main ones. I suppose if you are an architecture buff, you will enjoy them. For me, they all looked pretty much the same. I took the Secret Garden Tour which was no big deal. Perhaps in the fall it is better.
Museums - The Korean War Museum was ok, but surprisingly outdated. It was a victory for liberal democracy over communist tyranny? The south was just as tyrannical as the north at that time. The Seodaemun Prison was more interesting. And I found the World Cup museum enjoyable. It was nice to have the stadium entirely to myself.
The Cheonggyecheon stream promenade was a nice walk. And though I don't know which one, one of the mountains was located right near the apt I stayed at. It was an easy climb and with great views. I also liked walking around Insadong and Itaewon.
Jimjilbangs - Went to three. The Silloam was a bit hard to find, but interesting with about a hundred nude Korean bathers. At Itaewonland, there were only about 6 other people there. Both were about US $6 to enter. The Spa on Air at Incheon airport is the most expensive and least clean, but also least crowded and a nice treat before or after a flight.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 2 Itinerary Help Japan
- 3 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 4 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 5 November, March, June... Japan?
- 6 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 7 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 8 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 9 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 10 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 11 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 12 Silk Road Tour - China
- 13 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 14 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 15 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 16 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 17 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 18 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 19 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 20 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 21 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 22 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 23 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 24 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 25 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
3 Days in Seoul in late April.