Based on the great advice from this forum, I feel that I have our upcoming 2-week April trip pretty well planned. My only remaining question is regarding our time in Kanazawa. The more I research the more I want to see and do.
Based on this, below is a list of what I'd like to cover in our 3 nights and 2 full days. I've arranged it in a rough sense of order that I think makes sense, but if anyone has an input as to the order, what to add or delete, where the logical break might be from Day 1 to Day 2, or what we might bypass during the day because it's also open at night, etc. I'm not married to this list or order, and understand it might be too much, so your input, as always, is helpful.
Also, we love to rent bikes (which we did in Takayama last year and thoroughly enjoyed it) so that helps us cover more ground. We will also take taxi's to save time as needed.
Starting from Hotel Trusty Korinbo
• Kenrokuen Garden – Day time visit as well as evening “light-up”
• Gyokusenen Garden
• 21st Century Museum
• DT Suzuki Museum
• Hirosaka Art Street
• Taxi to Higashi Chayagai District
-Shima Tea House
• Kazuemachi Chayagai District
• Omicho Market
• Oyama Shrine
• Nagamachi Bukeyashiki District
• Teramachi Temple Area
-Ninjadera (We have an 11:00 appointment on day 2, so this will have to move up the list in order)
• Nishi Chaya District
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 currency conversion
- 2 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 3 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 4 One day in Saigon
- 5 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 6 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 7 Bali private driver recommendation
- 8 North India Itinerary advice
- 9 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 10 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 11 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 12 The Indian money crunch.
- 13 The truth about elephant tourism
- 14 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 15 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 16 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 17 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 18 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 19 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 20 Kerala trip
- 21 E Visa for India?
- 22 1-2 months South East Asia
- 23 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 24 Help - India.
- 25 Nice article on Macau in the NYT