Based on the great advice from this forum, I feel that I have our upcoming 2-week April trip pretty well planned. My only remaining question is regarding our time in Kanazawa. The more I research the more I want to see and do.
Based on this, below is a list of what I'd like to cover in our 3 nights and 2 full days. I've arranged it in a rough sense of order that I think makes sense, but if anyone has an input as to the order, what to add or delete, where the logical break might be from Day 1 to Day 2, or what we might bypass during the day because it's also open at night, etc. I'm not married to this list or order, and understand it might be too much, so your input, as always, is helpful.
Also, we love to rent bikes (which we did in Takayama last year and thoroughly enjoyed it) so that helps us cover more ground. We will also take taxi's to save time as needed.
Starting from Hotel Trusty Korinbo
• Kenrokuen Garden – Day time visit as well as evening “light-up”
• Gyokusenen Garden
• 21st Century Museum
• DT Suzuki Museum
• Hirosaka Art Street
• Taxi to Higashi Chayagai District
-Shima Tea House
• Kazuemachi Chayagai District
• Omicho Market
• Oyama Shrine
• Nagamachi Bukeyashiki District
• Teramachi Temple Area
-Ninjadera (We have an 11:00 appointment on day 2, so this will have to move up the list in order)
• Nishi Chaya District
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hoi Ann hotel
- 2 Hotel in Hanoi
- 3 Sim cards and adaptors
- 4 Place to stay Hue
- 5 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 6 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 7 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 8 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 9 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 10 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 11 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 12 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 13 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 14 India help needed
- 15 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 16 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 17 Trekking outside Sapa
- 18 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 19 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 20 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 21 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 22 Go to Pai or not?
- 23 Ko Kraden hotels
- 24 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 25 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?