We are considering plans for our next trip, and India seems to be at the top of the list for mid-late February. Looking at probably 12 nights on the ground excluding international flights. After some preliminary research I am pretty sure we will focus on a northern itinerary...main interests as of now: New Delhi, Agra, Varanasi, Jaipur, Udaipur, Ranthambore. Obviously it will not work to include all six destinations...New Delhi a must because of flights, Agra a must for Taj. I am drawn towards including Varanasi and while I really love the idea of Ranthambore, think that will have to be one of the two locations we drop. So....that leaves Udaipur and Jaipur - how to choose between them? Thoughts? Suggestions?
We love history, architecture, good food, and a mix of city/country. We enjoy experiencing new cultures, hiking, and love scenic beauty. A little shopping goes a long way for us and we generally choose 1 or 2 museums on a trip, but that is rarely our focus. Recent trips have combined Istanbul with Cappadocia and Ephesus/Sirince, and trekking the Inca Trail to M.P. with time in Cusco and the Amazon Basin outside of Puerto Maldonado in Peru.. I hope that helps give a feel.
Any suggestions for an amazing first trip to India in February for 2 active couples, mid 40's-mid 60's folks? We want some diversity of experience and are willing to schlep a bit if going that far, but don't want to hop around constantly. I am thinking we will do some combo of flying and hiring a driver. Would also consider a train if that would be most effecient for a particular leg.
Other main question...logistics. Assuming we do a combo of New Delhi, Agra, Varanasi, and either Udaipur or Jaipur...any suggetsed "routing" or recommended number of nights? Thinking 3 nights Delhi (1 on front end and 2 on back end or vice versa), 2 nights Agra, 3 nights Varanasi, ??
Thanks for any help you may be able to provide in gathering our thoughts/plans.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 2 Traffic and Police in India
- 3 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 4 Serendipity Srilanka
- 5 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 6 New Thai Visa
- 7 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 8 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 9 New Years in Japan
- 10 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 11 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 12 Sri Lanka in December
- 13 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 14 january 31 in colombo
- 15 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 16 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 17 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 18 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 19 3 weeks in Japan
- 20 A first time for everything in Japan
- 21 India Tour Companies
- 22 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 23 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 24 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 25 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?: