We are considering plans for our next trip, and India seems to be at the top of the list for mid-late February. Looking at probably 12 nights on the ground excluding international flights. After some preliminary research I am pretty sure we will focus on a northern itinerary...main interests as of now: New Delhi, Agra, Varanasi, Jaipur, Udaipur, Ranthambore. Obviously it will not work to include all six destinations...New Delhi a must because of flights, Agra a must for Taj. I am drawn towards including Varanasi and while I really love the idea of Ranthambore, think that will have to be one of the two locations we drop. So....that leaves Udaipur and Jaipur - how to choose between them? Thoughts? Suggestions?
We love history, architecture, good food, and a mix of city/country. We enjoy experiencing new cultures, hiking, and love scenic beauty. A little shopping goes a long way for us and we generally choose 1 or 2 museums on a trip, but that is rarely our focus. Recent trips have combined Istanbul with Cappadocia and Ephesus/Sirince, and trekking the Inca Trail to M.P. with time in Cusco and the Amazon Basin outside of Puerto Maldonado in Peru.. I hope that helps give a feel.
Any suggestions for an amazing first trip to India in February for 2 active couples, mid 40's-mid 60's folks? We want some diversity of experience and are willing to schlep a bit if going that far, but don't want to hop around constantly. I am thinking we will do some combo of flying and hiring a driver. Would also consider a train if that would be most effecient for a particular leg.
Other main question...logistics. Assuming we do a combo of New Delhi, Agra, Varanasi, and either Udaipur or Jaipur...any suggetsed "routing" or recommended number of nights? Thinking 3 nights Delhi (1 on front end and 2 on back end or vice versa), 2 nights Agra, 3 nights Varanasi, ??
Thanks for any help you may be able to provide in gathering our thoughts/plans.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 process for arriving in Narita airport
- 2 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 3 Bangkok Hotel- near BTS & late check out
- 4 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 5 So excited - going to Siem Reap
- 6 Hotel Chang Mai
- 7 Kindly request/need 30 days Thailand+Vietnam itineary advice
- 8 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 9 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 10 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 11 Hotel in Hanoi
- 12 India help needed
- 13 Beach hotel Thailand
- 14 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 15 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 16 Sim cards and adaptors
- 17 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 18 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 19 Sri Lanka Visa
- 20 Hoi Ann hotel
- 21 Place to stay Hue
- 22 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 23 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 24 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 25 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon