Friends and fellow travelers,
My wife and I need some additional advice about our itinerary. I've posted recently and gotten some good advice.
We've booked our long haul flights and now want to finalize and start to book rooms and the short flights for each of our stops.
Here's our plan:
NYC to BKK arrive July 9th around 10:00 AM
Bangkok July 9th - July 14th
BKK to Myanmar July 14th - 25th
Yangon 14th - 18th
Bagan 18th- 21st
Inle Lake 21st- 25th
- Fly back to Yangon 24th or the 25th
Yangon to Hanoi July 25th
(Yangon seems like the best airport to fly out of)
Hanoi July 25th - July 30th
Hanoi to Siem Reap July 30th
Siem Reap July 30th - August 4th
Siem Reap to Bali August 4th
Bali, August 4th - 11th
Bali to Singapore, August 11th
Singapore August 11th - 13th
Singapore to NYC August 13th
This plan focuses on the places we've been dreaming of for a long time and doesn't have us bouncing around too much, but we still have some concerns.
Here's a little about us:
Husband and wife in our early thirties, English speaking, 1st time in all these countries, but traveled much of Europe and North America independently. We love to explore on foot, eat good local food, meet the local people, experience local culture as genuinely as possible, major historical sites, temples, local animals and natural beauty.
Here's our concerns/questions:
1. Can we fit Chang Mai into our plan if we spend a day less in a few of the other spots?
2. If we switch our Hanoi days to Chang Mai, will that potentially save us a good bit of money and a good amount of transit time? I really wanted to see Vietnam and spend some time in Hanoi, but going to Hanoi is another flight (maybe 2) and travel day(s) and another visa. If we do Chang Mai instead, we can use Bangkok as a base and go to Mayamar first, up to Chang Mai (maybe on the day train), Angkor Wat and then on to Bali. And not waste as much time in transit for only a few nights in only the Hanoi area of Vietnam. If we have enough money, we would like to do our original plan, but we want to consider the smartest options.
3. What do you think of our Myanmar plan? Too many nights in any one of the spots? Can we fit another spot comfortably?
4. Is there an air pass we should look at? I've done some research but am still confused if its cost effective and flexible enough.
5. We're flying out of Singapore but don't anticipate spending a lot of time there.
Thanks for any help/thoughts you can provide.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 카지노게임ね⋞→」BLK896.ZZ.AM「←⋟ね카지노게임
- 2 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 3 카지노사이트ぷ⋞→」BLK896.ZZ.AM「←⋟ぷ카지노사이트
- 4 카지노싸이트ぽ⋞→」BLK896.ZZ.AM「←⋟ぽ카지노싸이트
- 5 Taiwan in 7 days
- 6 changing left over currency
- 7 인터넷카지노ど⋞→」BLK896.ZZ.AM「←⋟ど인터넷카지노
- 8 라이브카지노パ⋞→」BLK896.ZZ.AM「←⋟パ라이브카지노
- 9 생방송카지노ツ⋞→」BLK896.ZZ.AM「←⋟ツ생방송카지노
- 10 생중계카지노ヂ⋞→」BLK896.ZZ.AM「←⋟ヂ생중계카지노
- 11 와와카지노ブ⋞→」BLK896.ZZ.AM「←⋟ブ와와카지노
- 12 온라인카지노ザ⋞→」BLK896.ZZ.AM「←⋟ザ온라인카지노
- 13 실시간카지노ォ⋞→」BLK896.ZZ.AM「←⋟ォ실시간카지노
- 14 Alternative to Koyasan
- 15 아시아카지노こ⋞→」BLK896.ZZ.AM「←⋟こ아시아카지노
- 16 아시안카지노ぜ⋞→」BLK896.ZZ.AM「←⋟ぜ아시안카지노
- 17 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 18 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 19 Silk weaving community in Bangkok
- 20 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 21 Spring in Armenia
- 22 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 23 Moderate hotel in Phuket
- 24 Private tours in Northern India
- 25 a month in india
Friends and fellow travelers,