Friends and fellow travelers,
My wife and I need some additional advice about our itinerary. I've posted recently and gotten some good advice.
We've booked our long haul flights and now want to finalize and start to book rooms and the short flights for each of our stops.
Here's our plan:
NYC to BKK arrive July 9th around 10:00 AM
Bangkok July 9th - July 14th
BKK to Myanmar July 14th - 25th
Yangon 14th - 18th
Bagan 18th- 21st
Inle Lake 21st- 25th
- Fly back to Yangon 24th or the 25th
Yangon to Hanoi July 25th
(Yangon seems like the best airport to fly out of)
Hanoi July 25th - July 30th
Hanoi to Siem Reap July 30th
Siem Reap July 30th - August 4th
Siem Reap to Bali August 4th
Bali, August 4th - 11th
Bali to Singapore, August 11th
Singapore August 11th - 13th
Singapore to NYC August 13th
This plan focuses on the places we've been dreaming of for a long time and doesn't have us bouncing around too much, but we still have some concerns.
Here's a little about us:
Husband and wife in our early thirties, English speaking, 1st time in all these countries, but traveled much of Europe and North America independently. We love to explore on foot, eat good local food, meet the local people, experience local culture as genuinely as possible, major historical sites, temples, local animals and natural beauty.
Here's our concerns/questions:
1. Can we fit Chang Mai into our plan if we spend a day less in a few of the other spots?
2. If we switch our Hanoi days to Chang Mai, will that potentially save us a good bit of money and a good amount of transit time? I really wanted to see Vietnam and spend some time in Hanoi, but going to Hanoi is another flight (maybe 2) and travel day(s) and another visa. If we do Chang Mai instead, we can use Bangkok as a base and go to Mayamar first, up to Chang Mai (maybe on the day train), Angkor Wat and then on to Bali. And not waste as much time in transit for only a few nights in only the Hanoi area of Vietnam. If we have enough money, we would like to do our original plan, but we want to consider the smartest options.
3. What do you think of our Myanmar plan? Too many nights in any one of the spots? Can we fit another spot comfortably?
4. Is there an air pass we should look at? I've done some research but am still confused if its cost effective and flexible enough.
5. We're flying out of Singapore but don't anticipate spending a lot of time there.
Thanks for any help/thoughts you can provide.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 알라딘신천지 손오공 ▼ 접속 :【＂V T K 1 1.컴＂】▼
- 2 50th Anniversary trip
- 3 "necessities" for India
- 4 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 5 Mandalay questions
- 6 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 7 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 8 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 9 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 10 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 11 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 12 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 13 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 14 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 15 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 16 Help - India take 2
- 17 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 18 CNX late arrival?
- 19 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 20 best singapore hotel
- 21 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 22 is this a good travel plan?
- 23 currency conversion
- 24 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 25 The truth about elephant tourism
Friends and fellow travelers,