Friends and fellow travelers,
My wife and I need some additional advice about our itinerary. I've posted recently and gotten some good advice.
We've booked our long haul flights and now want to finalize and start to book rooms and the short flights for each of our stops.
Here's our plan:
NYC to BKK arrive July 9th around 10:00 AM
Bangkok July 9th - July 14th
BKK to Myanmar July 14th - 25th
Yangon 14th - 18th
Bagan 18th- 21st
Inle Lake 21st- 25th
- Fly back to Yangon 24th or the 25th
Yangon to Hanoi July 25th
(Yangon seems like the best airport to fly out of)
Hanoi July 25th - July 30th
Hanoi to Siem Reap July 30th
Siem Reap July 30th - August 4th
Siem Reap to Bali August 4th
Bali, August 4th - 11th
Bali to Singapore, August 11th
Singapore August 11th - 13th
Singapore to NYC August 13th
This plan focuses on the places we've been dreaming of for a long time and doesn't have us bouncing around too much, but we still have some concerns.
Here's a little about us:
Husband and wife in our early thirties, English speaking, 1st time in all these countries, but traveled much of Europe and North America independently. We love to explore on foot, eat good local food, meet the local people, experience local culture as genuinely as possible, major historical sites, temples, local animals and natural beauty.
Here's our concerns/questions:
1. Can we fit Chang Mai into our plan if we spend a day less in a few of the other spots?
2. If we switch our Hanoi days to Chang Mai, will that potentially save us a good bit of money and a good amount of transit time? I really wanted to see Vietnam and spend some time in Hanoi, but going to Hanoi is another flight (maybe 2) and travel day(s) and another visa. If we do Chang Mai instead, we can use Bangkok as a base and go to Mayamar first, up to Chang Mai (maybe on the day train), Angkor Wat and then on to Bali. And not waste as much time in transit for only a few nights in only the Hanoi area of Vietnam. If we have enough money, we would like to do our original plan, but we want to consider the smartest options.
3. What do you think of our Myanmar plan? Too many nights in any one of the spots? Can we fit another spot comfortably?
4. Is there an air pass we should look at? I've done some research but am still confused if its cost effective and flexible enough.
5. We're flying out of Singapore but don't anticipate spending a lot of time there.
Thanks for any help/thoughts you can provide.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Road Scholar tour in China
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 China in june-July
- 4 Driver for a 18 day trip in Sri Lanka?
- 5 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 6 ? Regarding Can Tho floating market
- 7 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 8 Bali - What to do?
- 9 China in July
- 10 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 11 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 12 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 13 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 14 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 15 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 16 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 17 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 18 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 19 Being customs
- 20 Itinerary feedback please
- 21 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 22 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 23 Tips in Myanmar
- 24 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 25 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
Friends and fellow travelers,