My friend and I are planning a trip to SEA, we have 24 days of trip, we are flying to KL in mid May.
Our plan is to visit Cambodia and East Malaysia, and on the last 10 days we will be heading off to Padang and Sumatra islands for some surfing, so this give's us about 2 weeks before of traveling through Malaysia Cambodia and maybe Thailand. We are looking for relaxing, some party and having a good time. Our budget is about 40$pp.
Our questions are from where should we start as we arrive in KL, where to go from there, and to which places you suggest us to visit, how many days should we spend in each place, how long does it take to get to those places? Should we also visit Singapore for 2 days?
I have done a couple of research and it doesn't seem to be any ferry from Thailand to Cambodia, more exactly to Sihanoukville. Is this true? So I guess we have to visit Thailand? I see there's Air Asia and others which is very affordable when buying in advance. The only certain thing so far is that we arrive in KL and after those 2 weeks we are going to Sumatra.
I look forward to see your trip suggestions and advises on this SEA trip.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 2 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 3 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 4 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 5 Other than Kyoto?
- 6 Trip Report : China
- 7 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 8 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 9 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 10 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 11 Japan GTG, early April
- 12 Beijing tours
- 13 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 14 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 15 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 16 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 17 A great trip in India
- 18 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 19 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 20 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 21 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 22 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 23 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 24 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 25 Takayama trail, Japan