My friend and I are planning a trip to SEA, we have 24 days of trip, we are flying to KL in mid May.
Our plan is to visit Cambodia and East Malaysia, and on the last 10 days we will be heading off to Padang and Sumatra islands for some surfing, so this give's us about 2 weeks before of traveling through Malaysia Cambodia and maybe Thailand. We are looking for relaxing, some party and having a good time. Our budget is about 40$pp.
Our questions are from where should we start as we arrive in KL, where to go from there, and to which places you suggest us to visit, how many days should we spend in each place, how long does it take to get to those places? Should we also visit Singapore for 2 days?
I have done a couple of research and it doesn't seem to be any ferry from Thailand to Cambodia, more exactly to Sihanoukville. Is this true? So I guess we have to visit Thailand? I see there's Air Asia and others which is very affordable when buying in advance. The only certain thing so far is that we arrive in KL and after those 2 weeks we are going to Sumatra.
I look forward to see your trip suggestions and advises on this SEA trip.
SE Asia - Help on a 2-3 week Plan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 2 Ubud Tips
- 3 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 4 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 5 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 6 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 7 Kathie’s & Cheryl’s Impressions of Japan
- 8 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 9 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 10 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 11 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 12 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 13 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 14 First time to srilanka
- 15 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 16 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 17 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 18 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 19 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 20 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 21 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 22 Nepal
- 23 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 24 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 25 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!