Last year, you all helped me plan our trip to SE Asia. We had a really big blast and it would have not been possible without the invaluable advice I received on this forum.
This year, we wanted to visit Israel/Jordan, but as it turns out, we'll be going to India in December. However, I wanted to mix it up a bit and also visit another country while we're in Asia.
I was thinking of the following:
December 19: Depart SFO
December 20 to January 6: India
January 7: Bombay to Singapore
January 8: Singapore
January 9: Singapore
January 10: Singapore
** Please let me know if the Bali part looks okay?
January 11: Go to Bali
January 12: Bali
January 13: Bali
January 14: Bali
January 15: Go to Lombok
January 16: Lombok
January 17: Lombok
January 18: Lombok
January 19: Back to Singapore
January 20: Back to SFO
I do realize I should have planned this much earlier and that the flight out of the US is going to cost me a bit more
1) Are Bali and Lombok both worth it? Or should I just pick one?
2) Is January a good time of the year to go to Bali?
3) If not Bali what other place do you recommend? We prefer places that have some cultural significance and history. The reason I picked Bali of some other beach resort was simply because it has a unique culture, but at the same time resorts where we can relax. We're not big into shopping. Maybe something for the house if it looks good. But I don't have the capacity to spend more than 2 hours shopping.
I really wanted to visit Bhutan, but January is really cold and I don't think that might be the best time to go. Hence resorted to SE Asia where the weather is generally better.
4) Are there flights from Singapore to Bali directly? Are they cheap?
5) Are three days in Singapore enough? Too much? Too less?
Look forward to your replies/comments/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 2 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 3 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 4 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 5 New Member
- 6 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 7 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 8 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 9 Bangkok
- 10 5 weeks in Japan
- 11 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 12 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 13 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 14 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 15 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 16 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 18 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 19 Lodge in Borneo
- 20 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 21 China and Japan help
- 22 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 23 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 24 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 25 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions