Last year, you all helped me plan our trip to SE Asia. We had a really big blast and it would have not been possible without the invaluable advice I received on this forum.
This year, we wanted to visit Israel/Jordan, but as it turns out, we'll be going to India in December. However, I wanted to mix it up a bit and also visit another country while we're in Asia.
I was thinking of the following:
December 19: Depart SFO
December 20 to January 6: India
January 7: Bombay to Singapore
January 8: Singapore
January 9: Singapore
January 10: Singapore
** Please let me know if the Bali part looks okay?
January 11: Go to Bali
January 12: Bali
January 13: Bali
January 14: Bali
January 15: Go to Lombok
January 16: Lombok
January 17: Lombok
January 18: Lombok
January 19: Back to Singapore
January 20: Back to SFO
I do realize I should have planned this much earlier and that the flight out of the US is going to cost me a bit more
1) Are Bali and Lombok both worth it? Or should I just pick one?
2) Is January a good time of the year to go to Bali?
3) If not Bali what other place do you recommend? We prefer places that have some cultural significance and history. The reason I picked Bali of some other beach resort was simply because it has a unique culture, but at the same time resorts where we can relax. We're not big into shopping. Maybe something for the house if it looks good. But I don't have the capacity to spend more than 2 hours shopping.
I really wanted to visit Bhutan, but January is really cold and I don't think that might be the best time to go. Hence resorted to SE Asia where the weather is generally better.
4) Are there flights from Singapore to Bali directly? Are they cheap?
5) Are three days in Singapore enough? Too much? Too less?
Look forward to your replies/comments/suggestions.
SE Asia 2009 itinerary suggestions
- 1 Firefly airlines - reliable and safe?
- 2 package tours to thailand, flying from us
- 3 laundry services in Thailand and Vietnam for special clothes
- 4 SEA Honeymoon - Feedback please!
- 5 ypur daily news
- 6 Need help rounding out China itinerary
- 7 Eight Days Solo in Burma
- 8 Our favorite Bali -- Ubud, Amed, Seminyak, Pemuteran – 2012
- 9 Best beach to stay at in Phuket?
- 10 I (HEART) HONG KONG
- 11 China 2013 - 17 Days, 7 Airlines, 12 Flights, 21,206 Miles
- 12 NYT article in drop in women traveling to India
- 13 First-timer seeks weather/sight advice for Thailand, Vietnam, Nepal
- 14 Food in Uzbekistan
- 15 Sri Lanka itinerary help needed
- 16 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 17 Which hotel in Bangkok?
- 18 Train Fares in Japan
- 19 First trip to China - Itinerary advice please!
- 20 Train questions for November Japan trip
- 21 Udaipur, India
- 22 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 23 vaccines for vietnam I'm leaving soon !
- 24 Independence Day (Hari Merdeka) 2013
- 25 independent travel in India