Last year, you all helped me plan our trip to SE Asia. We had a really big blast and it would have not been possible without the invaluable advice I received on this forum.
This year, we wanted to visit Israel/Jordan, but as it turns out, we'll be going to India in December. However, I wanted to mix it up a bit and also visit another country while we're in Asia.
I was thinking of the following:
December 19: Depart SFO
December 20 to January 6: India
January 7: Bombay to Singapore
January 8: Singapore
January 9: Singapore
January 10: Singapore
** Please let me know if the Bali part looks okay?
January 11: Go to Bali
January 12: Bali
January 13: Bali
January 14: Bali
January 15: Go to Lombok
January 16: Lombok
January 17: Lombok
January 18: Lombok
January 19: Back to Singapore
January 20: Back to SFO
I do realize I should have planned this much earlier and that the flight out of the US is going to cost me a bit more
1) Are Bali and Lombok both worth it? Or should I just pick one?
2) Is January a good time of the year to go to Bali?
3) If not Bali what other place do you recommend? We prefer places that have some cultural significance and history. The reason I picked Bali of some other beach resort was simply because it has a unique culture, but at the same time resorts where we can relax. We're not big into shopping. Maybe something for the house if it looks good. But I don't have the capacity to spend more than 2 hours shopping.
I really wanted to visit Bhutan, but January is really cold and I don't think that might be the best time to go. Hence resorted to SE Asia where the weather is generally better.
4) Are there flights from Singapore to Bali directly? Are they cheap?
5) Are three days in Singapore enough? Too much? Too less?
Look forward to your replies/comments/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 2 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 3 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 4 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 5 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 6 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 7 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 8 Update on riding elephants
- 9 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 10 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 11 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 12 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 13 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 14 Thailand 1st time - June travel
- 15 Thai Airways International Layover: Baggage Recheck?
- 16 What's the best city to travel in Southeast Asia in a short period of time?
- 17 Best Place To Visit in Delhi
- 18 Fur Women's Trip to India
- 19 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 20 Rajasthan by car in 14 days?
- 21 Advice on 6 day itinerary
- 22 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 23 Taipei National Palace Museum
- 24 8.5 Days in Vietnam
- 25 Private Asia tours to Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Indonesia...