Hi to all
We will have two weeks in Thailand in November to look for options to consider relocating to on a semi permanent basis. I'm not looking for visa advice.
We'll be in BKK by 7.00 pm on a Saturday, and need to leave around the same time two weeks later.
This time we are going to revisit Chiang Mai (to use a free hotel voucher) we'd also like to see Hua Hin and Kanchanaburi for the tourist experience of Hellfire Pass, and also to scope both areas.
We've spent some time at Pratumnak Hill just outside of Pattaya which is quite okay, but we wonder if there are better places.
Our ideal location would be within 2 hours of Bangkok (either plane, train or bus) and be a city of some size (maybe 50,000 upwards) or nearby to that city. We'd like some expat connections, scenic beauty and views.
Can anyone recommend towns/small cities east of Bangkok towards the Cambodian border that might be worth considering ?
Thanks in advance for any help !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 2 Japan Itinerary!
- 3 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 4 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 5 Mumbai short visit
- 6 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 7 Thailand Guides
- 8 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 9 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 10 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 11 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 12 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 13 Phuket Beaches
- 14 India itinerary critique please
- 15 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 16 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 17 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 18 Magical India
- 19 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 20 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 21 Vientiane and ??
- 22 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 23 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 24 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 25 Luggage size China ?
Hi to all