Hi to all
We will have two weeks in Thailand in November to look for options to consider relocating to on a semi permanent basis. I'm not looking for visa advice.
We'll be in BKK by 7.00 pm on a Saturday, and need to leave around the same time two weeks later.
This time we are going to revisit Chiang Mai (to use a free hotel voucher) we'd also like to see Hua Hin and Kanchanaburi for the tourist experience of Hellfire Pass, and also to scope both areas.
We've spent some time at Pratumnak Hill just outside of Pattaya which is quite okay, but we wonder if there are better places.
Our ideal location would be within 2 hours of Bangkok (either plane, train or bus) and be a city of some size (maybe 50,000 upwards) or nearby to that city. We'd like some expat connections, scenic beauty and views.
Can anyone recommend towns/small cities east of Bangkok towards the Cambodian border that might be worth considering ?
Thanks in advance for any help !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 content of good faith floor
- 2 Passport
- 3 connotation. Neoclassic
- 4 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 5 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 6 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 7 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 8 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 9 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 10 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 11 Hotels in Puri
- 12 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 13 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 14 Amakusa island help
- 15 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 16 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 17 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 18 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 19 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 20 Japan Itinerary
- 21 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 22 Toddler twin travel in India
- 23 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 24 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 25 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
Hi to all