Hi to all
We will have two weeks in Thailand in November to look for options to consider relocating to on a semi permanent basis. I'm not looking for visa advice.
We'll be in BKK by 7.00 pm on a Saturday, and need to leave around the same time two weeks later.
This time we are going to revisit Chiang Mai (to use a free hotel voucher) we'd also like to see Hua Hin and Kanchanaburi for the tourist experience of Hellfire Pass, and also to scope both areas.
We've spent some time at Pratumnak Hill just outside of Pattaya which is quite okay, but we wonder if there are better places.
Our ideal location would be within 2 hours of Bangkok (either plane, train or bus) and be a city of some size (maybe 50,000 upwards) or nearby to that city. We'd like some expat connections, scenic beauty and views.
Can anyone recommend towns/small cities east of Bangkok towards the Cambodian border that might be worth considering ?
Thanks in advance for any help !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 is this a good travel plan?
- 2 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 3 currency conversion
- 4 Phenom Penh
- 5 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 6 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 7 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 8 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 9 One day in Saigon
- 10 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 11 Bali private driver recommendation
- 12 North India Itinerary advice
- 13 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 14 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 15 The Indian money crunch.
- 16 The truth about elephant tourism
- 17 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 18 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 19 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 20 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 21 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 22 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 23 Kerala trip
- 24 E Visa for India?
- 25 1-2 months South East Asia
Hi to all