Hi to all
We will have two weeks in Thailand in November to look for options to consider relocating to on a semi permanent basis. I'm not looking for visa advice.
We'll be in BKK by 7.00 pm on a Saturday, and need to leave around the same time two weeks later.
This time we are going to revisit Chiang Mai (to use a free hotel voucher) we'd also like to see Hua Hin and Kanchanaburi for the tourist experience of Hellfire Pass, and also to scope both areas.
We've spent some time at Pratumnak Hill just outside of Pattaya which is quite okay, but we wonder if there are better places.
Our ideal location would be within 2 hours of Bangkok (either plane, train or bus) and be a city of some size (maybe 50,000 upwards) or nearby to that city. We'd like some expat connections, scenic beauty and views.
Can anyone recommend towns/small cities east of Bangkok towards the Cambodian border that might be worth considering ?
Thanks in advance for any help !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 2 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 3 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 4 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 5 sri lanka- tips required
- 6 base bangkok or manilla
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 9 Idiotic time zone question
- 10 Christmas in the Alps
- 11 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 12 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 13 Mount Koya
- 14 Sometahing is wrong
- 15 Twin rooms in Japan
- 16 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 17 Change my Itinerary?
- 18 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
Hi to all