Hi, all. I'm planning our December 2012 trip to Thailand and Myanmar and had previously found great flights from Samui (USM) to Yangon (RNG) via BKK on Thai Air for our January 3, 2013, departure. Once I confirmed the dates with the friends with whom we're traveling, I went online to book and while I can get from BKK to RNG easily enough, the USM to BKK leg is now showing as sold out! I've checked every other carrier I can think of (Bangkok Air, Nok Air and Air Asia) and none have direct non-stop flights from USM to BKK on January 3. Does anyone know whether any of these airlines are likely to add flights to their schedule between now and then? I found some ferry/flight options, but don't have the time such a journey would require. Would greatly appreciate any insight from the Thailand experts on any other airlines to check, or whether they think Thai or Bangkok Air will open up additional flights. Thanks so very much for any help!
Samui...help with alternative transportation due to sold out flights!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 2 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 3 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 4 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 5 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 6 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 7 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 8 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 9 How safe is Delhi/India
- 10 Malaria
- 11 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 12 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 13 Vietnam and coffee
- 14 I'm going to Japan!
- 15 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 16 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 17 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 18 Cherry blossom
- 19 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 20 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 21 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 22 Which Putu in Bali????
- 23 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 24 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 25 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?