Hi, all. I'm planning our December 2012 trip to Thailand and Myanmar and had previously found great flights from Samui (USM) to Yangon (RNG) via BKK on Thai Air for our January 3, 2013, departure. Once I confirmed the dates with the friends with whom we're traveling, I went online to book and while I can get from BKK to RNG easily enough, the USM to BKK leg is now showing as sold out! I've checked every other carrier I can think of (Bangkok Air, Nok Air and Air Asia) and none have direct non-stop flights from USM to BKK on January 3. Does anyone know whether any of these airlines are likely to add flights to their schedule between now and then? I found some ferry/flight options, but don't have the time such a journey would require. Would greatly appreciate any insight from the Thailand experts on any other airlines to check, or whether they think Thai or Bangkok Air will open up additional flights. Thanks so very much for any help!
Samui...help with alternative transportation due to sold out flights!
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 2 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 3 introduce myself
- 4 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 5 Interesting WSJ Article re: Japanese Aversions to Perfumes
- 6 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 7 Malaysia and Thailand 2013 travelogues
- 8 Feng Pao Fireworks Festival in Yanshui, Tainan?
- 9 SINGAPORE OR CAMBODIA??? (April Honeymoon)
- 10 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 11 independent travel in India
- 12 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 13 Ratings of kaiseki meals at ryokans in Japan?
- 14 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 15 Magical India
- 16 geisha performance
- 17 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 18 Trip report China
- 19 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 20 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 21 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 22 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 23 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 24 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 25 Myanmar and Mt Popa