Hi, all. I'm planning our December 2012 trip to Thailand and Myanmar and had previously found great flights from Samui (USM) to Yangon (RNG) via BKK on Thai Air for our January 3, 2013, departure. Once I confirmed the dates with the friends with whom we're traveling, I went online to book and while I can get from BKK to RNG easily enough, the USM to BKK leg is now showing as sold out! I've checked every other carrier I can think of (Bangkok Air, Nok Air and Air Asia) and none have direct non-stop flights from USM to BKK on January 3. Does anyone know whether any of these airlines are likely to add flights to their schedule between now and then? I found some ferry/flight options, but don't have the time such a journey would require. Would greatly appreciate any insight from the Thailand experts on any other airlines to check, or whether they think Thai or Bangkok Air will open up additional flights. Thanks so very much for any help!
Samui...help with alternative transportation due to sold out flights!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 2 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 3 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 4 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 5 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 6 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 7 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 8 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 9 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 10 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 11 Japan Itinerary for May
- 12 Thai island escape
- 13 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 14 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 15 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 16 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 17 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 18 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 19 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 20 South Korea 5 days
- 21 Japan -OAT tour
- 22 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 23 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 24 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 25 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint