We’ve been wondering...what are your thoughts and feelings on traveling to India now that a little time has passed since the terrible events that occurred at the end of the year (http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/28/world/asia/india-rape-victim )
Would you travel to India now – whether alone, with people, as a woman, or not? Would you feel safe traveling there?
India released a short film in November 2012 (before the incidents) that showcase the joys of a woman traveling alone in the country (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p5GU9odcbfo). How long before you think it can get back to that?
Safety concerns for traveling in India?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 General question
- 2 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 3 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 4 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 5 Japan Itinerary for May
- 6 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 7 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 8 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 9 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 10 South Korea 5 days
- 11 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 12 Thai island escape
- 13 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 14 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 15 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 16 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 17 Phuket Hotel
- 18 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 19 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 20 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 21 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 22 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 23 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 24 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 25 Delving into Kyushu, plus Osaka, Kyoto, Kurashiki, and Tokyo