My daughter (late 20s) is a relatively new solo traveler (previous solo trip to Seattle and semi-solo trip to Washington DC). She is going to be going to Singapore for about a week at the end of May, but will be visiting a friend there. The second half of her trip, she is planning to go alone to Melaka and Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. Her friend and another are discouraging her from going to Malaysia and scaring her with stories of Sharia law. Although she's already been working out an itinerary for Malaysia, she obviously doesn't want to go if it won't be safe for her. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 2 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 3 sri lanka- tips required
- 4 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 5 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 6 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 7 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 8 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 9 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 10 Christmas in the Alps
- 11 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 12 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 13 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 14 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 15 Laos or Kerala?
- 16 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 17 Bali & Singapore in October
- 18 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 19 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 20 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 21 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 22 Booking on the fly
- 23 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 24 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 25 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?