My daughter (late 20s) is a relatively new solo traveler (previous solo trip to Seattle and semi-solo trip to Washington DC). She is going to be going to Singapore for about a week at the end of May, but will be visiting a friend there. The second half of her trip, she is planning to go alone to Melaka and Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. Her friend and another are discouraging her from going to Malaysia and scaring her with stories of Sharia law. Although she's already been working out an itinerary for Malaysia, she obviously doesn't want to go if it won't be safe for her. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Spring in Armenia
- 2 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 3 Moderate hotel in Phuket
- 4 Private tours in Northern India
- 5 a month in india
- 6 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 7 Free tour in Hanoi with nice local students
- 8 Silk weaving community in Bangkok
- 9 Antiquariat Jaipur | Antique Jewelry Fine Art Company In India
- 10 changing left over currency
- 11 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 12 Alternative to Koyasan
- 13 Itinerary feedback please
- 14 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 15 Thing to do in yogyakarta indonesia
- 16 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 17 Japan, Thailand Itinerary
- 18 Would travelers still be wise to use travel agents for Myanmar?
- 19 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 20 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 21 Getting From Bangkok to Koh Phangan
- 22 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 23 Tokyo hotel help
- 24 Transportation from PVG to Hotel
- 25 IMMUNIZATIONS Needed?? Thailand/Cambodia/Beijing