My daughter (late 20s) is a relatively new solo traveler (previous solo trip to Seattle and semi-solo trip to Washington DC). She is going to be going to Singapore for about a week at the end of May, but will be visiting a friend there. The second half of her trip, she is planning to go alone to Melaka and Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. Her friend and another are discouraging her from going to Malaysia and scaring her with stories of Sharia law. Although she's already been working out an itinerary for Malaysia, she obviously doesn't want to go if it won't be safe for her. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 2 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 3 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 4 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 6 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 7 Which Thailand beach is best for early October weather?
- 8 Thailand - Help with Itinerary 15 Days to incl. North & South
- 9 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 10 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 11 An island paradise?
- 12 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 13 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 14 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 15 Budget accommodation in Krabi and Phi Phi island??
- 16 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 17 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 18 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 19 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 20 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 21 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 22 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 23 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 24 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 25 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan