My daughter (late 20s) is a relatively new solo traveler (previous solo trip to Seattle and semi-solo trip to Washington DC). She is going to be going to Singapore for about a week at the end of May, but will be visiting a friend there. The second half of her trip, she is planning to go alone to Melaka and Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. Her friend and another are discouraging her from going to Malaysia and scaring her with stories of Sharia law. Although she's already been working out an itinerary for Malaysia, she obviously doesn't want to go if it won't be safe for her. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tortoises/turtles for sale
- 2 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 3 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 4 Places to Buy Japanese Whisky - Kyoto and Tokyo
- 5 haneda hotel
- 6 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 7 Rishikesh, India
- 8 India Safari 2017
- 9 India in March and April??
- 10 Southeast Asia - 15 Nights Itinerary
- 11 3 days around Krabi - Best Beach to stay?
- 12 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 13 Jan-March: TH, HK, JP?
- 14 maldives safe for woman traveling alone?
- 15 Datong in Winter
- 16 Japan-best mobile wifi router?
- 17 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 18 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 19 Japan- National Holiday
- 20 Planning a trek to Sikkim amid 16-21 of December 2016
- 21 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 22 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 23 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 24 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 25 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand