My daughter (late 20s) is a relatively new solo traveler (previous solo trip to Seattle and semi-solo trip to Washington DC). She is going to be going to Singapore for about a week at the end of May, but will be visiting a friend there. The second half of her trip, she is planning to go alone to Melaka and Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. Her friend and another are discouraging her from going to Malaysia and scaring her with stories of Sharia law. Although she's already been working out an itinerary for Malaysia, she obviously doesn't want to go if it won't be safe for her. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 2 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 3 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 4 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 5 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 6 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 7 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 8 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 9 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 10 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 11 China visa 60 day limit--leave for weekend?
- 12 Hoi An in December?
- 13 Bali airport transportation
- 14 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 15 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 16 Passport for Indonesia
- 17 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 18 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 19 Is this crazy?
- 20 Dollar traveller cheques
- 21 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 22 India help with where to go
- 23 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 24 Getting to Hoi An from Hue
- 25 Halong Bay cruise