My daughter (late 20s) is a relatively new solo traveler (previous solo trip to Seattle and semi-solo trip to Washington DC). She is going to be going to Singapore for about a week at the end of May, but will be visiting a friend there. The second half of her trip, she is planning to go alone to Melaka and Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. Her friend and another are discouraging her from going to Malaysia and scaring her with stories of Sharia law. Although she's already been working out an itinerary for Malaysia, she obviously doesn't want to go if it won't be safe for her. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 2 Bangkok Taxis
- 3 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 4 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 5 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 6 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 7 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 8 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 9 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 10 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 11 A month in central Asia
- 12 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 13 Something about... Malaysia
- 14 Day trip from Kuala Lumpur
- 15 Two Round Trip Tickets?
- 16 Osaka, aquarium?
- 17 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 18 favorite activities in krabi area
- 19 itinerary help for cambodia and laos
- 20 Cambodia arrival visa
- 21 Itinerary feedback please
- 22 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 23 24 day trip plan: early stages
- 24 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 25 Singapore with kids