At the moment we are planning to travel around Sri Lanka at end of Mar / early Apr for about 2 weeks on the following itinerary.
Cultural Triangle (3 nights)
Kandy (2 nights)
Tea Country - Castlereagh Bungalow (2 nights)
Safari at Yala National Park (2 nights)
Galle (3 nights)
Debating if we should skip the safari at Yala National Park and add an extra night in Tea Country at Castlereigh Bungalow. Are the scenery and hikes better than safari at Yala? We've been on 4 safari trips in Africa plus 1 in India so a little bit concerned that we might be a little disappointed with the game viewing in Sri Lanka. Would love to see leopards & elephants though! Someone commented on TripAdvisor that Yala gets traffic jams with load of jeeps that it's like "a caravan ride in a Disney themed park."
Also is it possible to do Sigiriya Rock Fortress and Polonnaruwa on the same day? I've seen it in some travel itineraries. Wondering if we need an 1 more night in the Cultural Triangle.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 2 Best Indian food in Bangkok?
- 3 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 4 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 5 Japan Rail Pass
- 6 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 7 Sri Lanka May
- 8 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 9 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 10 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 11 Bali,Java,Borneo 3 weeks
- 12 Japan rough itinerary
- 13 Laos planning.
- 14 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 15 Japan for Foodies
- 16 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 17 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 18 One night in Osaka
- 19 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 20 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 21 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 22 Singapore weather in August/September
- 23 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 24 First time going abroad
- 25 Sapporo to Lake Akan
Safari at Yala National Park or extra day in Ceylon Tea Trails?