At the moment we are planning to travel around Sri Lanka at end of Mar / early Apr for about 2 weeks on the following itinerary.
Cultural Triangle (3 nights)
Kandy (2 nights)
Tea Country - Castlereagh Bungalow (2 nights)
Safari at Yala National Park (2 nights)
Galle (3 nights)
Debating if we should skip the safari at Yala National Park and add an extra night in Tea Country at Castlereigh Bungalow. Are the scenery and hikes better than safari at Yala? We've been on 4 safari trips in Africa plus 1 in India so a little bit concerned that we might be a little disappointed with the game viewing in Sri Lanka. Would love to see leopards & elephants though! Someone commented on TripAdvisor that Yala gets traffic jams with load of jeeps that it's like "a caravan ride in a Disney themed park."
Also is it possible to do Sigiriya Rock Fortress and Polonnaruwa on the same day? I've seen it in some travel itineraries. Wondering if we need an 1 more night in the Cultural Triangle.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 2 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 3 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 4 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 5 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 6 Japan GTG, early April
- 7 Beijing tours
- 8 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 9 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 10 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 11 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 12 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 13 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 14 Takayama trail, Japan
- 15 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 16 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 17 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 18 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 19 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 20 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 21 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 22 Visa for India
- 23 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 24 Hútòng Walking
- 25 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos
Safari at Yala National Park or extra day in Ceylon Tea Trails?