At the moment we are planning to travel around Sri Lanka at end of Mar / early Apr for about 2 weeks on the following itinerary.
Cultural Triangle (3 nights)
Kandy (2 nights)
Tea Country - Castlereagh Bungalow (2 nights)
Safari at Yala National Park (2 nights)
Galle (3 nights)
Debating if we should skip the safari at Yala National Park and add an extra night in Tea Country at Castlereigh Bungalow. Are the scenery and hikes better than safari at Yala? We've been on 4 safari trips in Africa plus 1 in India so a little bit concerned that we might be a little disappointed with the game viewing in Sri Lanka. Would love to see leopards & elephants though! Someone commented on TripAdvisor that Yala gets traffic jams with load of jeeps that it's like "a caravan ride in a Disney themed park."
Also is it possible to do Sigiriya Rock Fortress and Polonnaruwa on the same day? I've seen it in some travel itineraries. Wondering if we need an 1 more night in the Cultural Triangle.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 US: YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 US : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 3 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 4 Mount Koya
- 5 Sometahing is wrong
- 6 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 7 Idiotic time zone question
- 8 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 9 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 10 Twin rooms in Japan
- 11 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 12 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 sri lanka- tips required
- 15 base bangkok or manilla
- 16 Christmas in the Alps
- 17 Change my Itinerary?
- 18 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 19 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 20 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 21 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 22 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 23 Impressions of India
- 24 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 25 India - remnants of the British Raj
Safari at Yala National Park or extra day in Ceylon Tea Trails?