Can someone recommend a quaint traditional ryokan or machiya in kyoto area? maybe with a nice view or neighborhood... budget is around maximum of 30,000 yen (if dinner is included)
also, for those who have stayed in a ryokan and machiya, which one did you prefer?
and lastly, do you think having a kaiseki dinner is worth it? or better to just have dinner outside?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo daytrip
- 2 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 3 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 4 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 5 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 6 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 7 Japan GTG, early April
- 8 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 9 Bali - What to do?
- 10 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 11 Impressions of India
- 12 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 13 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 14 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 15 Taiwan confusion..
- 16 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 17 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 18 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 19 Laos- two weeks in January
- 20 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 21 Visa for India
- 22 Snapshots From Kerala
- 23 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 24 Other than Kyoto?
- 25 Japan itinerary advice