I am working on developing an itinerary for our visit to Japan (9/14 - 10/5 = 20 days). The only commitment is that we are booked to arrive in Tokyo and depart from Hiroshima by plane. We are active retired seniors from Canada, who prefer a slower pace of travel, so we can smell the roses, and love biking and walking. We really enjoy just wandering around and enjoying the ambiance and local feel of the area, taking buses/trains/subways as needed.
Our plan so far is ....
7 days Tokyo
6 days Kyoto
3 days Kanazawa
4 days Hiroshima
Ideally we have found in the past, the perfect length of time to visit a city/area is 5 nights, but this being the first time to Japan, we would vary a bit to allow for lots of day trips. Perhaps, shorten some of the days, and add a city?
I am reading everything exhaustively, but was hoping to get more focus by roughing out an itinerary, before planning the details.
Any suggestions or thoughts would be REALLY appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.garciniacambogialean.com/nouvelle-beaute-serum
- 2 Advice on hotels in Shinjuku
- 3 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 4 New Years in Japan
- 5 A Victory Day Tour
- 6 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 7 Traffic and Police in India
- 8 India visa for new passport
- 9 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 10 What island to visit while visiting HongKong
- 11 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 12 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 13 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 14 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 15 Serendipity Srilanka
- 16 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 17 New Thai Visa
- 18 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 19 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 20 Sri Lanka in December
- 21 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 22 january 31 in colombo
- 23 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 24 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 25 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki