I am working on developing an itinerary for our visit to Japan (9/14 - 10/5 = 20 days). The only commitment is that we are booked to arrive in Tokyo and depart from Hiroshima by plane. We are active retired seniors from Canada, who prefer a slower pace of travel, so we can smell the roses, and love biking and walking. We really enjoy just wandering around and enjoying the ambiance and local feel of the area, taking buses/trains/subways as needed.
Our plan so far is ....
7 days Tokyo
6 days Kyoto
3 days Kanazawa
4 days Hiroshima
Ideally we have found in the past, the perfect length of time to visit a city/area is 5 nights, but this being the first time to Japan, we would vary a bit to allow for lots of day trips. Perhaps, shorten some of the days, and add a city?
I am reading everything exhaustively, but was hoping to get more focus by roughing out an itinerary, before planning the details.
Any suggestions or thoughts would be REALLY appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 UNITED : BROTHER SUPPORT CONTACT ☎ 1:888-279-0246 BROTHER PRINTER 24*7
- 2 shanghai for 4 days
- 3 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 4 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 5 Budget Servied Apt
- 6 Japan rough itinerary
- 7 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 8 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 9 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 10 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 12 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 13 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 14 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 15 Something about... Malaysia
- 16 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 17 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- 18 Layover in Seoul with a dog?
- 19 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 20 Tour Companies for Vietnam trip
- 21 Japan - Your favorite locations in Kyushu
- 22 Japan Itinerary!
- 23 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 24 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 25 Chiang Mai, Thailand and Myanmar