I am working on developing an itinerary for our visit to Japan (9/14 - 10/5 = 20 days). The only commitment is that we are booked to arrive in Tokyo and depart from Hiroshima by plane. We are active retired seniors from Canada, who prefer a slower pace of travel, so we can smell the roses, and love biking and walking. We really enjoy just wandering around and enjoying the ambiance and local feel of the area, taking buses/trains/subways as needed.
Our plan so far is ....
7 days Tokyo
6 days Kyoto
3 days Kanazawa
4 days Hiroshima
Ideally we have found in the past, the perfect length of time to visit a city/area is 5 nights, but this being the first time to Japan, we would vary a bit to allow for lots of day trips. Perhaps, shorten some of the days, and add a city?
I am reading everything exhaustively, but was hoping to get more focus by roughing out an itinerary, before planning the details.
Any suggestions or thoughts would be REALLY appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 바둑이잘하는법 ▼≫nnk688.com≪추천인 : 지퍼
- 2 PREMATURE AGING SKIN CARE@http://nuvieskincareserum.com/youth-renu/
- 3 바둑tv ≫nnk688.com≪추천인 : 지퍼
- 4 Impressions of India
- 5 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 6 Tokyo hotel help
- 7 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 8 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 9 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 10 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 11 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 12 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 13 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 14 How much Yen?
- 15 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 16 South Korea for Chuseok
- 17 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 18 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 19 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 20 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 21 Bali - What to do?
- 22 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 23 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 24 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 25 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia