I am working on developing an itinerary for our visit to Japan (9/14 - 10/5 = 20 days). The only commitment is that we are booked to arrive in Tokyo and depart from Hiroshima by plane. We are active retired seniors from Canada, who prefer a slower pace of travel, so we can smell the roses, and love biking and walking. We really enjoy just wandering around and enjoying the ambiance and local feel of the area, taking buses/trains/subways as needed.
Our plan so far is ....
7 days Tokyo
6 days Kyoto
3 days Kanazawa
4 days Hiroshima
Ideally we have found in the past, the perfect length of time to visit a city/area is 5 nights, but this being the first time to Japan, we would vary a bit to allow for lots of day trips. Perhaps, shorten some of the days, and add a city?
I am reading everything exhaustively, but was hoping to get more focus by roughing out an itinerary, before planning the details.
Any suggestions or thoughts would be REALLY appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 여신 ▣☆접 속 : vtk19.컴 ▣☆
- 2 is this a good travel plan?
- 3 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 4 currency conversion
- 5 Phenom Penh
- 6 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 7 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 8 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 9 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 10 One day in Saigon
- 11 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 12 Bali private driver recommendation
- 13 North India Itinerary advice
- 14 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 15 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 16 The Indian money crunch.
- 17 The truth about elephant tourism
- 18 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 19 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 20 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 21 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 22 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 23 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 24 Kerala trip
- 25 E Visa for India?