I am not really an outdoor person, and have rarely hiked. Last time I actually did some semi-serious hiking was at Zion and Bryce 1.5 years ago. And nothing like a 2-day 2,300m/7,500ft hike to a 4,095m/13,435ft mountain top. But my gf was planning to do it with some of her really outdoor buddies, and I was invited. I said "yes".
Before I go further, here's the album of the whole 9-day Sabah trip. Right now, I have uploaded the Kota Kinabalu portion. Will post the mountain climbing portion shortly, with the happy days at the Gayana Eco Resort later.
Three albums are dedicated to the Lok Kawi Wildlife Park just outside KK, and one for the trip down Klias River to see the proboscis monkeys in the wild.
rkkwan's trip to top of Mt. Kinabalu, Sabah, May 2011
- 1 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 2 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 3 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 4 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 5 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 6 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 7 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 8 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 9 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 10 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 11 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 12 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 13 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 14 Bali -- Visa on Arrival
- 15 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 16 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 17 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 18 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 19 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 20 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 21 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 22 Anyone in Bangkok
- 23 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 24 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 25 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK