I am not really an outdoor person, and have rarely hiked. Last time I actually did some semi-serious hiking was at Zion and Bryce 1.5 years ago. And nothing like a 2-day 2,300m/7,500ft hike to a 4,095m/13,435ft mountain top. But my gf was planning to do it with some of her really outdoor buddies, and I was invited. I said "yes".
Before I go further, here's the album of the whole 9-day Sabah trip. Right now, I have uploaded the Kota Kinabalu portion. Will post the mountain climbing portion shortly, with the happy days at the Gayana Eco Resort later.
Three albums are dedicated to the Lok Kawi Wildlife Park just outside KK, and one for the trip down Klias River to see the proboscis monkeys in the wild.
rkkwan's trip to top of Mt. Kinabalu, Sabah, May 2011
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 2 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 3 Japan night bus
- 4 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 5 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 6 Living in Singapore Questions
- 7 Thailand - Koh Samui vs Koh Tao
- 8 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 9 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 10 April in Bangkok, again!
- 11 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 12 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 13 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 14 Problems at 12,000'
- 15 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 16 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 17 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 18 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 19 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 20 Which Putu in Bali????
- 21 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 22 Japan, japan
- 23 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 24 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 25 Hong Kong restaurants