I am not really an outdoor person, and have rarely hiked. Last time I actually did some semi-serious hiking was at Zion and Bryce 1.5 years ago. And nothing like a 2-day 2,300m/7,500ft hike to a 4,095m/13,435ft mountain top. But my gf was planning to do it with some of her really outdoor buddies, and I was invited. I said "yes".
Before I go further, here's the album of the whole 9-day Sabah trip. Right now, I have uploaded the Kota Kinabalu portion. Will post the mountain climbing portion shortly, with the happy days at the Gayana Eco Resort later.
Three albums are dedicated to the Lok Kawi Wildlife Park just outside KK, and one for the trip down Klias River to see the proboscis monkeys in the wild.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Buy Ielts certificates, Buy Passport, Buy Visa, Buy Driving Licence
- 2 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 3 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 4 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 5 Japan Itinerary!
- 6 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 7 Magical India
- 8 India itinerary critique please
- 9 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 10 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 11 Vientiane and ??
- 12 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 13 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 14 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 15 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 16 Himachal Pradesh
- 17 Luggage size China ?
- 18 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 19 Thai Elephants
- 20 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 21 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 22 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 23 Sri Lanka in August
- 24 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 25 Japan/Korea/HK
rkkwan's trip to top of Mt. Kinabalu, Sabah, May 2011