I am not really an outdoor person, and have rarely hiked. Last time I actually did some semi-serious hiking was at Zion and Bryce 1.5 years ago. And nothing like a 2-day 2,300m/7,500ft hike to a 4,095m/13,435ft mountain top. But my gf was planning to do it with some of her really outdoor buddies, and I was invited. I said "yes".
Before I go further, here's the album of the whole 9-day Sabah trip. Right now, I have uploaded the Kota Kinabalu portion. Will post the mountain climbing portion shortly, with the happy days at the Gayana Eco Resort later.
Three albums are dedicated to the Lok Kawi Wildlife Park just outside KK, and one for the trip down Klias River to see the proboscis monkeys in the wild.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visiting China - must be tour
- 2 Uodated and Hopefully Final itinerary- Would love Feedback!!
- 3 Best Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 4 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 5 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 6 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 7 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 8 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 9 India Trip Report
- 10 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 11 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 13 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 14 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 15 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 16 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 17 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 18 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 19 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 20 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 21 An island paradise?
- 22 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 23 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 24 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 25 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
rkkwan's trip to top of Mt. Kinabalu, Sabah, May 2011