I am not really an outdoor person, and have rarely hiked. Last time I actually did some semi-serious hiking was at Zion and Bryce 1.5 years ago. And nothing like a 2-day 2,300m/7,500ft hike to a 4,095m/13,435ft mountain top. But my gf was planning to do it with some of her really outdoor buddies, and I was invited. I said "yes".
Before I go further, here's the album of the whole 9-day Sabah trip. Right now, I have uploaded the Kota Kinabalu portion. Will post the mountain climbing portion shortly, with the happy days at the Gayana Eco Resort later.
Three albums are dedicated to the Lok Kawi Wildlife Park just outside KK, and one for the trip down Klias River to see the proboscis monkeys in the wild.
rkkwan's trip to top of Mt. Kinabalu, Sabah, May 2011
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 2 Japan Itinerary for May
- 3 Thai island escape
- 4 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 5 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 6 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 7 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 8 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 9 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 10 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 11 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 12 South Korea 5 days
- 13 Japan -OAT tour
- 14 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 15 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 16 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 17 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 18 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 19 General question
- 20 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 21 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 22 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 23 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 24 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 25 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals