I am not really an outdoor person, and have rarely hiked. Last time I actually did some semi-serious hiking was at Zion and Bryce 1.5 years ago. And nothing like a 2-day 2,300m/7,500ft hike to a 4,095m/13,435ft mountain top. But my gf was planning to do it with some of her really outdoor buddies, and I was invited. I said "yes".
Before I go further, here's the album of the whole 9-day Sabah trip. Right now, I have uploaded the Kota Kinabalu portion. Will post the mountain climbing portion shortly, with the happy days at the Gayana Eco Resort later.
Three albums are dedicated to the Lok Kawi Wildlife Park just outside KK, and one for the trip down Klias River to see the proboscis monkeys in the wild.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali - What to do?
- 2 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 3 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 4 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 5 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 6 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 7 Road Scholar tour in China
- 8 Being customs
- 9 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 10 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 11 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 12 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 13 Tips in Myanmar
- 14 myanmar
- 15 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 16 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 17 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 18 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 19 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 20 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 21 A beach of choice on Samui
- 22 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 23 Travel India solo
- 24 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 25 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
rkkwan's trip to top of Mt. Kinabalu, Sabah, May 2011