I am not really an outdoor person, and have rarely hiked. Last time I actually did some semi-serious hiking was at Zion and Bryce 1.5 years ago. And nothing like a 2-day 2,300m/7,500ft hike to a 4,095m/13,435ft mountain top. But my gf was planning to do it with some of her really outdoor buddies, and I was invited. I said "yes".
Before I go further, here's the album of the whole 9-day Sabah trip. Right now, I have uploaded the Kota Kinabalu portion. Will post the mountain climbing portion shortly, with the happy days at the Gayana Eco Resort later.
Three albums are dedicated to the Lok Kawi Wildlife Park just outside KK, and one for the trip down Klias River to see the proboscis monkeys in the wild.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 2 The Indian money crunch.
- 3 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 4 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 5 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 6 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 7 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 8 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 9 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 10 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 11 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 12 Kerala trip
- 13 E Visa for India?
- 14 1-2 months South East Asia
- 15 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 16 Help - India.
- 17 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 18 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 19 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 20 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 21 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 22 Side trips from Taipei
- 23 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 24 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 25 Bicycling in Vietnam
rkkwan's trip to top of Mt. Kinabalu, Sabah, May 2011