I am not really an outdoor person, and have rarely hiked. Last time I actually did some semi-serious hiking was at Zion and Bryce 1.5 years ago. And nothing like a 2-day 2,300m/7,500ft hike to a 4,095m/13,435ft mountain top. But my gf was planning to do it with some of her really outdoor buddies, and I was invited. I said "yes".
Before I go further, here's the album of the whole 9-day Sabah trip. Right now, I have uploaded the Kota Kinabalu portion. Will post the mountain climbing portion shortly, with the happy days at the Gayana Eco Resort later.
Three albums are dedicated to the Lok Kawi Wildlife Park just outside KK, and one for the trip down Klias River to see the proboscis monkeys in the wild.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 2 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 3 Japan Itinerary
- 4 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 5 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 6 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 7 Help with Kyushu itinerary appreciated.
- 8 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 9 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 10 Amakusa island help
- 11 Japan Trip Delayed
- 12 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 13 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 14 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 15 Month long SE Asia trip
- 16 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 17 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 18 Cambodia weather
- 19 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 20 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 21 Sad News: The Thai King has died
- 22 Vietnam Itinerary Input, The country is so LONG!
- 23 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 24 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 25 Is 1 hr 10 min layover in Narita enough?
rkkwan's trip to top of Mt. Kinabalu, Sabah, May 2011