I am not really an outdoor person, and have rarely hiked. Last time I actually did some semi-serious hiking was at Zion and Bryce 1.5 years ago. And nothing like a 2-day 2,300m/7,500ft hike to a 4,095m/13,435ft mountain top. But my gf was planning to do it with some of her really outdoor buddies, and I was invited. I said "yes".
Before I go further, here's the album of the whole 9-day Sabah trip. Right now, I have uploaded the Kota Kinabalu portion. Will post the mountain climbing portion shortly, with the happy days at the Gayana Eco Resort later.
Three albums are dedicated to the Lok Kawi Wildlife Park just outside KK, and one for the trip down Klias River to see the proboscis monkeys in the wild.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 2 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 3 Visa for India
- 4 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 5 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 6 Other than Kyoto?
- 7 Japan itinerary advice
- 8 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 9 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 10 Trip Report : China
- 11 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 12 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 13 Japan GTG, early April
- 14 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 15 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 16 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 17 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 18 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 19 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 20 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 21 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 22 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 23 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 24 Beijing tours
- 25 Advice needed from Japan train pros
rkkwan's trip to top of Mt. Kinabalu, Sabah, May 2011