I am not really an outdoor person, and have rarely hiked. Last time I actually did some semi-serious hiking was at Zion and Bryce 1.5 years ago. And nothing like a 2-day 2,300m/7,500ft hike to a 4,095m/13,435ft mountain top. But my gf was planning to do it with some of her really outdoor buddies, and I was invited. I said "yes".
Before I go further, here's the album of the whole 9-day Sabah trip. Right now, I have uploaded the Kota Kinabalu portion. Will post the mountain climbing portion shortly, with the happy days at the Gayana Eco Resort later.
Three albums are dedicated to the Lok Kawi Wildlife Park just outside KK, and one for the trip down Klias River to see the proboscis monkeys in the wild.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Iconic Forskolin Extract
- 2 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 3 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 4 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 5 Taxi Service In Dehradun
- 6 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 7 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 8 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 9 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 10 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 11 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 12 November, March, June... Japan?
- 13 Itinerary Help Japan
- 14 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 15 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 16 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 17 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 18 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 19 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 20 Silk Road Tour - China
- 21 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 22 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 23 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 24 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 25 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
rkkwan's trip to top of Mt. Kinabalu, Sabah, May 2011