I am not really an outdoor person, and have rarely hiked. Last time I actually did some semi-serious hiking was at Zion and Bryce 1.5 years ago. And nothing like a 2-day 2,300m/7,500ft hike to a 4,095m/13,435ft mountain top. But my gf was planning to do it with some of her really outdoor buddies, and I was invited. I said "yes".
Before I go further, here's the album of the whole 9-day Sabah trip. Right now, I have uploaded the Kota Kinabalu portion. Will post the mountain climbing portion shortly, with the happy days at the Gayana Eco Resort later.
Three albums are dedicated to the Lok Kawi Wildlife Park just outside KK, and one for the trip down Klias River to see the proboscis monkeys in the wild.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 2 Italy from an Asian base
- 3 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 4 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 5 2 weeks in Java
- 6 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 7 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 8 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 9 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 10 My new 10 year china visa
- 11 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 12 Hotel with easy access to Itami airport
- 13 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 14 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 15 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 16 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 17 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 18 Update on riding elephants
- 19 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 20 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 21 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 22 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 23 Thailand 1st time - June travel
- 24 Thai Airways International Layover: Baggage Recheck?
- 25 What's the best city to travel in Southeast Asia in a short period of time?
rkkwan's trip to top of Mt. Kinabalu, Sabah, May 2011