I am not really an outdoor person, and have rarely hiked. Last time I actually did some semi-serious hiking was at Zion and Bryce 1.5 years ago. And nothing like a 2-day 2,300m/7,500ft hike to a 4,095m/13,435ft mountain top. But my gf was planning to do it with some of her really outdoor buddies, and I was invited. I said "yes".
Before I go further, here's the album of the whole 9-day Sabah trip. Right now, I have uploaded the Kota Kinabalu portion. Will post the mountain climbing portion shortly, with the happy days at the Gayana Eco Resort later.
Three albums are dedicated to the Lok Kawi Wildlife Park just outside KK, and one for the trip down Klias River to see the proboscis monkeys in the wild.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 2 Halong Bay cruise
- 3 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 4 Dollar traveller cheques
- 5 India help with where to go
- 6 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 7 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 8 Hoi An in December?
- 9 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 10 Getting to Hoi An from Hue
- 11 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 12 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 13 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 14 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 15 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 16 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 17 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra
- 18 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 19 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 20 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 21 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 22 Is this crazy?
- 23 In Seoul for one day
- 24 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 25 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
rkkwan's trip to top of Mt. Kinabalu, Sabah, May 2011