First time I set foot on the island of Ma Wan in at least 25 years. If you've visited HK in the past 12 years, you probably would have crossed over it on the way from the airport to the city. It has a fairly new residential development, a beach, an old village, a nice new park, as well the the Noah's Ark theme park. Kind of a strange mixture of things on the island.
To get there, one can take a ferry from Central or Tsuen Wan; or a shuttle bus from the Tsing Yi, Kwai Fong and Tsuen Wan MTR, or the airport.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 2 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 3 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 4 Japanese art
- 5 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 6 Borneo/Sabah Itinerary: Danum or Kinabatagan?
- 7 Hakone station confusion
- 8 Visa on Arrival
- 9 Last questions (train pass!) on 19-day itinerary
- 10 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 11 Traveling to SE Asia
- 12 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 13 Tailor recommendation in Hoi An Viet Nam
- 14 Rupees upon arrival in Delhi
- 15 Rifaximin for the dreaded stomach issues
- 16 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 17 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 18 Scenery around Luang Prabang
- 19 TOKYO tour guide
- 20 travel ideas for Thailand and ??
- 21 1 month in Thailand and??
- 22 Kimballs in Panama
- 23 Japan - 8 nights. Tokyo, Osaka &
- 24 first draft -- java and bali, plus
- 25 Best Thailand beach town for family with 2 toddlers?