First time I set foot on the island of Ma Wan in at least 25 years. If you've visited HK in the past 12 years, you probably would have crossed over it on the way from the airport to the city. It has a fairly new residential development, a beach, an old village, a nice new park, as well the the Noah's Ark theme park. Kind of a strange mixture of things on the island.
To get there, one can take a ferry from Central or Tsuen Wan; or a shuttle bus from the Tsing Yi, Kwai Fong and Tsuen Wan MTR, or the airport.
rkkwan's photos from Ma Wan, Hong Kong, June 2010
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 One week in Thailand
- 2 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 3 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 4 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 5 Free Tour Guide
- 6 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 7 India: Visa on arrival for USA psprt
- 8 India and Nepal 2014
- 9 India and Nepal 2014
- 10 Independent female traveller
- 11 Tour company practices
- 12 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 13 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!
- 14 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 15 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 16 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015
- 17 Help! Which to choose?
- 18 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 19 North Vietnam Again!
- 20 Passport Safety
- 21 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 22 Castle & King
- 23 Mt Aso Eruption
- 24 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 25 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)