First time I set foot on the island of Ma Wan in at least 25 years. If you've visited HK in the past 12 years, you probably would have crossed over it on the way from the airport to the city. It has a fairly new residential development, a beach, an old village, a nice new park, as well the the Noah's Ark theme park. Kind of a strange mixture of things on the island.
To get there, one can take a ferry from Central or Tsuen Wan; or a shuttle bus from the Tsing Yi, Kwai Fong and Tsuen Wan MTR, or the airport.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 2 5 weeks in Japan
- 3 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 4 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 5 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 6 Requesting Passport Number
- 7 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 8 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 9 Eating in India
- 10 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 11 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 12 Phu Quoc
- 13 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 14 China and Japan help
- 15 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 16 Help! India Visa question....
- 17 Singapore hotel
- 18 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
- 19 Indonesia in February/rainy season
- 20 Still contemplating SEA this winter and have questions
- 21 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 22 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 24 Solo female first-timer: Thailand
- 25 Shanghai Pollution in January 2016