First time I set foot on the island of Ma Wan in at least 25 years. If you've visited HK in the past 12 years, you probably would have crossed over it on the way from the airport to the city. It has a fairly new residential development, a beach, an old village, a nice new park, as well the the Noah's Ark theme park. Kind of a strange mixture of things on the island.
To get there, one can take a ferry from Central or Tsuen Wan; or a shuttle bus from the Tsing Yi, Kwai Fong and Tsuen Wan MTR, or the airport.
rkkwan's photos from Ma Wan, Hong Kong, June 2010
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 2 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 3 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 4 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 5 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 6 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 7 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 8 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 9 vietnam and laos
- 10 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 11 Connaught Place
- 12 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 13 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 14 My SEA trip - photos update
- 15 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 16 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 17 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 18 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 19 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 20 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 21 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 22 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 23 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 24 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 25 What did you think of Mumbai?