so after my initial very vague (and to most people also confusing) plan, I've gone back to the drawing board and come up up with a new itinerary for my 14-day trip in July.
I'm starting and finishing in Fukuoka as I'm visiting friends there and the flights are booked, so that is the only part of the trip that isn't flexible.
Day 1 - Fukuoka to Hiroshima/Miyajima
Day 2 - Miyajima to Kyoto
Day 3 - Kyoto
Day 4 - Kyoto
Day 5 - Kyoto (day trip to Nara)
Day 6 - Kyoto to Nagoya
Day 7 - Nagoya to Matsumoto
Day 8 - Matsumoto to Takayama
Day 9 - Takayama to Tokyo
Day 10 - Tokyo
Day 11 - Tokyo (day trip to Nikko)
Day 12 - Tokyo
Day 13 - Tokyo (day trip to Hakone)
Day 14 - Tokyo to Fukuoka
I have taken Koya-san off the itinerary as I've spoken to two of my friends, who both said that whereas they enjoyed it, it wasn't as special as they had hoped (they both admitted that it might have had something to do with the fact that it was January and -10C and quite bleak up in the mountains). So I decided to leave Koya-san for another time and I have added Nagoya, Matsumoto and Takayama instead, which also means dropping Nikko or reducing it to a day trip from Tokyo.
I have thought about going Takayama to Odawara (rather than straight to Tokyo) and doing the Hakone visit with an overnight stay and then traveling on to Tokyo on Day 11, but that seems a lot of travelling for days 6-11 with one night stop overs?! Or should I drop the night in Nagoya and go straight to Matsumoto from Kyoto?
Any thoughts, tips, feedback and ideas would be very welcome! I hope this is less confusing!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Southern India here we come
- 2 2 months in Indonesia
- 3 Vietnam vs. Beijing
- 4 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 5 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 6 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 7 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 8 Seoul Searching Questions
- 9 Kampot/Kep- 3 days
- 10 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 11 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 12 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 13 I miss Mongolia
- 14 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 15 Visa on Arrival
- 16 Cooking Classes & Private Tours- Bangkok
- 17 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 18 Cambodia to Vietnam via Phu Quoc - visa question, please help
- 19 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 20 Japanese art
- 21 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 22 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 23 Which website to check train availability & cost
- 24 First time to SEA
- 25 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?