so after my initial very vague (and to most people also confusing) plan, I've gone back to the drawing board and come up up with a new itinerary for my 14-day trip in July.
I'm starting and finishing in Fukuoka as I'm visiting friends there and the flights are booked, so that is the only part of the trip that isn't flexible.
Day 1 - Fukuoka to Hiroshima/Miyajima
Day 2 - Miyajima to Kyoto
Day 3 - Kyoto
Day 4 - Kyoto
Day 5 - Kyoto (day trip to Nara)
Day 6 - Kyoto to Nagoya
Day 7 - Nagoya to Matsumoto
Day 8 - Matsumoto to Takayama
Day 9 - Takayama to Tokyo
Day 10 - Tokyo
Day 11 - Tokyo (day trip to Nikko)
Day 12 - Tokyo
Day 13 - Tokyo (day trip to Hakone)
Day 14 - Tokyo to Fukuoka
I have taken Koya-san off the itinerary as I've spoken to two of my friends, who both said that whereas they enjoyed it, it wasn't as special as they had hoped (they both admitted that it might have had something to do with the fact that it was January and -10C and quite bleak up in the mountains). So I decided to leave Koya-san for another time and I have added Nagoya, Matsumoto and Takayama instead, which also means dropping Nikko or reducing it to a day trip from Tokyo.
I have thought about going Takayama to Odawara (rather than straight to Tokyo) and doing the Hakone visit with an overnight stay and then traveling on to Tokyo on Day 11, but that seems a lot of travelling for days 6-11 with one night stop overs?! Or should I drop the night in Nagoya and go straight to Matsumoto from Kyoto?
Any thoughts, tips, feedback and ideas would be very welcome! I hope this is less confusing!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Get reach or die trying !!! Make your fast Money now
- 2 DANGEROUS! «Incredible India holidays» IS SWINDLER
- 3 DANGEROUS!!! Fake tour agency in India
- 4 1-2nights Japanese Alps - where and what?
- 5 Mount Koya
- 6 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?
- 7 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 8 Bali - Benoa or Pettingenet?
- 9 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 10 Christmas in the Alps
- 11 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 12 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 13 Hesitating between Backpacking and Aisec project
- 14 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 15 2 weeks in Tokyo - Itinerary review please?
- 16 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 17 Phnom Penh during Bon Om Touk?
- 18 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 19 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 20 sri lanka- tips required
- 21 base bangkok or manilla
- 22 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 23 Idiotic time zone question
- 24 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 25 Sometahing is wrong