I am planning on bringing in about 64 textbooks. English, Math, Science, and some American History books. From what I read, it seems that they are mostly concerned about the distribution of books (ie. That they are going to be sold and are not for private use). I will have a letter from my Employer stating what the purpose of these books are for and why there are so many of them (They are for different grade levels, and each grade level has 2 books for each of the 4 subjects. So that's 8 books for just 1 grade level, and there are 8 grade levels total). So with the letter explaining all this, do you think there will be an issue with getting the books into China? I was planning on bringing them with me when I fly over and just checking them at the airport like luggage. My employer also considered just paying to have them shipped over, but I figured that the same distribution question/issue would arise and that it would just look much better if I have the books with me, along with the letter, and also my teaching work visa stamp to show them that it is all legitimate. What do you all think?
Restriction on Books being brought into China?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 2 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 3 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 4 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 5 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 6 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 7 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 8 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 9 How safe is Delhi/India
- 10 Malaria
- 11 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 12 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 13 Vietnam and coffee
- 14 I'm going to Japan!
- 15 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 16 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 17 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 18 Cherry blossom
- 19 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 20 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 21 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 22 Which Putu in Bali????
- 23 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 24 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 25 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?