I am planning on bringing in about 64 textbooks. English, Math, Science, and some American History books. From what I read, it seems that they are mostly concerned about the distribution of books (ie. That they are going to be sold and are not for private use). I will have a letter from my Employer stating what the purpose of these books are for and why there are so many of them (They are for different grade levels, and each grade level has 2 books for each of the 4 subjects. So that's 8 books for just 1 grade level, and there are 8 grade levels total). So with the letter explaining all this, do you think there will be an issue with getting the books into China? I was planning on bringing them with me when I fly over and just checking them at the airport like luggage. My employer also considered just paying to have them shipped over, but I figured that the same distribution question/issue would arise and that it would just look much better if I have the books with me, along with the letter, and also my teaching work visa stamp to show them that it is all legitimate. What do you all think?
Restriction on Books being brought into China?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 2 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 3 April in Bangkok, again!
- 4 Problems at 12,000'
- 5 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 6 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 7 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 8 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 9 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 10 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 11 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 12 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 13 Which Putu in Bali????
- 14 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 15 Japan, japan
- 16 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 17 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 18 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 19 Hong Kong restaurants
- 20 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 21 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 22 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 23 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 24 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 25 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed