I am planning on bringing in about 64 textbooks. English, Math, Science, and some American History books. From what I read, it seems that they are mostly concerned about the distribution of books (ie. That they are going to be sold and are not for private use). I will have a letter from my Employer stating what the purpose of these books are for and why there are so many of them (They are for different grade levels, and each grade level has 2 books for each of the 4 subjects. So that's 8 books for just 1 grade level, and there are 8 grade levels total). So with the letter explaining all this, do you think there will be an issue with getting the books into China? I was planning on bringing them with me when I fly over and just checking them at the airport like luggage. My employer also considered just paying to have them shipped over, but I figured that the same distribution question/issue would arise and that it would just look much better if I have the books with me, along with the letter, and also my teaching work visa stamp to show them that it is all legitimate. What do you all think?
Restriction on Books being brought into China?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 2 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 3 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 4 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 5 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 6 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 7 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 8 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 9 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 10 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 11 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 12 Nepal
- 13 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 14 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 15 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 16 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 17 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 18 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 19 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 20 1st time Japan - solo female
- 21 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 22 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 23 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 24 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 25 Odyssey unlimited