To those of you who read my earlier posts, in the end we decided we will go to Nepal (cancelled Luang Prabang and Siem Reap, our two plan B's). We want to give the money to the economy and we have always wanted to go to the country. We will spend 4 nights in KTM at Dwarika's, then a night in Dwarika's resort in Dhukiel (spelling), then a final night in KTM again. Because of the earthquake damage, we plan to use local guides at least some of the timewhich we would not have done with 7 World Heritage sites so closely available. (Actually, we have never used guides before).
We leave in 5 weeks and I am now struggling with what to pack. I am clear that shorts, sleeveless shirts and low cut tops are not okay (nor would I have dared to wear them for many years now). What I am unclear about is
1) Do I really need to wear skirts?
2) colors. We travel in black and white and I read somewhere neither are respectful. I know that white is the color of Buddhist mourning, but does this mean I should avoid the white French cut t shirts which are my uniform and my husband should avoid his Travelsmith button-down shirts.
We tend to travel with black jeans, black cashmere sweaters and/or pile jackets in the day, nice (black) pants for DH at night and either a (black) dress for me or dressy pants outfit for evening and white shirts. We wear hiking shoes even in city in day because of foot problems.
We do not want to offend or look weird. We are also spending so much money on this trip we do not want to do massive shopping.
Appreciate all help.
In Nepal, we will be in the Kathmandu Valley, mostly around Kathmandu itself. In Bhutan, we will be traveling in both central and west Bhutan, with a five day trek in the middle. (For the trek, we know how to dress.) Thanks all. Oh, finishing with 3-4 days in Bangkok.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 2 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 3 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 4 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 5 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 6 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 7 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 8 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 9 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 10 Kerala trip
- 11 E Visa for India?
- 12 1-2 months South East Asia
- 13 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 14 Help - India.
- 15 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 16 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 17 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 18 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 19 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 20 Side trips from Taipei
- 21 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 22 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 23 Bicycling in Vietnam
- 24 Thailand Advice Please
- 25 The Indian money crunch.