To those of you who read my earlier posts, in the end we decided we will go to Nepal (cancelled Luang Prabang and Siem Reap, our two plan B's). We want to give the money to the economy and we have always wanted to go to the country. We will spend 4 nights in KTM at Dwarika's, then a night in Dwarika's resort in Dhukiel (spelling), then a final night in KTM again. Because of the earthquake damage, we plan to use local guides at least some of the timewhich we would not have done with 7 World Heritage sites so closely available. (Actually, we have never used guides before).
We leave in 5 weeks and I am now struggling with what to pack. I am clear that shorts, sleeveless shirts and low cut tops are not okay (nor would I have dared to wear them for many years now). What I am unclear about is
1) Do I really need to wear skirts?
2) colors. We travel in black and white and I read somewhere neither are respectful. I know that white is the color of Buddhist mourning, but does this mean I should avoid the white French cut t shirts which are my uniform and my husband should avoid his Travelsmith button-down shirts.
We tend to travel with black jeans, black cashmere sweaters and/or pile jackets in the day, nice (black) pants for DH at night and either a (black) dress for me or dressy pants outfit for evening and white shirts. We wear hiking shoes even in city in day because of foot problems.
We do not want to offend or look weird. We are also spending so much money on this trip we do not want to do massive shopping.
Appreciate all help.
In Nepal, we will be in the Kathmandu Valley, mostly around Kathmandu itself. In Bhutan, we will be traveling in both central and west Bhutan, with a five day trek in the middle. (For the trek, we know how to dress.) Thanks all. Oh, finishing with 3-4 days in Bangkok.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best Car Rental Services Indore to Ujjain Call 9406841345
- 2 Vietnam introduces E-Visas for 40 countries
- 3 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 4 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 5 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 6 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 7 Japan GTG, early April
- 8 Beijing tours
- 9 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 12 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 13 Takayama trail, Japan
- 14 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 15 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 16 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 17 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 18 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 19 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 20 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 21 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 22 Visa for India
- 23 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 24 Hútòng Walking
- 25 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos