To those of you who read my earlier posts, in the end we decided we will go to Nepal (cancelled Luang Prabang and Siem Reap, our two plan B's). We want to give the money to the economy and we have always wanted to go to the country. We will spend 4 nights in KTM at Dwarika's, then a night in Dwarika's resort in Dhukiel (spelling), then a final night in KTM again. Because of the earthquake damage, we plan to use local guides at least some of the timewhich we would not have done with 7 World Heritage sites so closely available. (Actually, we have never used guides before).
We leave in 5 weeks and I am now struggling with what to pack. I am clear that shorts, sleeveless shirts and low cut tops are not okay (nor would I have dared to wear them for many years now). What I am unclear about is
1) Do I really need to wear skirts?
2) colors. We travel in black and white and I read somewhere neither are respectful. I know that white is the color of Buddhist mourning, but does this mean I should avoid the white French cut t shirts which are my uniform and my husband should avoid his Travelsmith button-down shirts.
We tend to travel with black jeans, black cashmere sweaters and/or pile jackets in the day, nice (black) pants for DH at night and either a (black) dress for me or dressy pants outfit for evening and white shirts. We wear hiking shoes even in city in day because of foot problems.
We do not want to offend or look weird. We are also spending so much money on this trip we do not want to do massive shopping.
Appreciate all help.
In Nepal, we will be in the Kathmandu Valley, mostly around Kathmandu itself. In Bhutan, we will be traveling in both central and west Bhutan, with a five day trek in the middle. (For the trek, we know how to dress.) Thanks all. Oh, finishing with 3-4 days in Bangkok.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 2 Best Indian food in Bangkok?
- 3 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 4 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 5 Japan Rail Pass
- 6 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 7 Sri Lanka May
- 8 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 9 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 10 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 11 Bali,Java,Borneo 3 weeks
- 12 Japan rough itinerary
- 13 Laos planning.
- 14 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 15 Japan for Foodies
- 16 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 17 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 18 One night in Osaka
- 19 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 20 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 21 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 22 Singapore weather in August/September
- 23 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 24 First time going abroad
- 25 Sapporo to Lake Akan