I've been reading many trip reports on vietnam and have noticed that many people make reservations for different things through local travel agencies. I understand about tour guides and transfers. But is making reservations for hotels in this way better than on the hotel sites or booking sites (booking, agoda and so on). We've travelled quite a lot but never in the east and ib europe we always made reservations directly with hotels or booking sites as I imagine most people do. I'd be grateful if someone would explain why it's done differently here.
reservations for hotels
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 One week in Thailand
- 2 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 3 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 4 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 5 Free Tour Guide
- 6 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 7 India: Visa on arrival for USA psprt
- 8 India and Nepal 2014
- 9 India and Nepal 2014
- 10 Independent female traveller
- 11 Tour company practices
- 12 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 13 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!
- 14 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 15 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 16 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015
- 17 Help! Which to choose?
- 18 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 19 North Vietnam Again!
- 20 Passport Safety
- 21 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 22 Castle & King
- 23 Mt Aso Eruption
- 24 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 25 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)