I've been reading many trip reports on vietnam and have noticed that many people make reservations for different things through local travel agencies. I understand about tour guides and transfers. But is making reservations for hotels in this way better than on the hotel sites or booking sites (booking, agoda and so on). We've travelled quite a lot but never in the east and ib europe we always made reservations directly with hotels or booking sites as I imagine most people do. I'd be grateful if someone would explain why it's done differently here.
reservations for hotels
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 2 which is your nest city ?
- 3 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 4 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 5 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 6 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 7 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 8 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 9 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 10 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 11 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 12 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 13 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 14 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 15 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 16 Nepal
- 17 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 18 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 19 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 20 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 21 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 22 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 23 1st time Japan - solo female
- 24 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 25 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures