I've been reading many trip reports on vietnam and have noticed that many people make reservations for different things through local travel agencies. I understand about tour guides and transfers. But is making reservations for hotels in this way better than on the hotel sites or booking sites (booking, agoda and so on). We've travelled quite a lot but never in the east and ib europe we always made reservations directly with hotels or booking sites as I imagine most people do. I'd be grateful if someone would explain why it's done differently here.
reservations for hotels
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 2 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 3 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 4 Need a guide in Burma?
- 5 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 6 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 7 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 8 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 9 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 10 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 11 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 12 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 13 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?
- 14 One Week in Beijing, what would you do?
- 15 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 16 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 17 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 18 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 19 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 20 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 21 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 22 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 23 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 24 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 25 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul