I've been reading many trip reports on vietnam and have noticed that many people make reservations for different things through local travel agencies. I understand about tour guides and transfers. But is making reservations for hotels in this way better than on the hotel sites or booking sites (booking, agoda and so on). We've travelled quite a lot but never in the east and ib europe we always made reservations directly with hotels or booking sites as I imagine most people do. I'd be grateful if someone would explain why it's done differently here.
reservations for hotels
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 2 Where to go?
- 3 Comment please re stops during drive from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong
- 4 Victoria Peak Hong Kong Question
- 5 Which airport for Tokyo
- 6 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 7 Saturday or Sunday for guided tour not too far from Chiang Mai?
- 8 MSG in Hong Kong?
- 9 newbie solo traveler! budget traveling Japan for a month
- 10 Rain in Hong Kong next week
- 11 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 12 Kyoto for 3 full days - help with itinerary suggestions!
- 13 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 14 Private transfer from Amritsar to Wahga Border
- 15 India at the end of May
- 16 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 17 Restaurants in Singapore
- 18 Books on Japanese mythology or novels inspired by it
- 19 14 Days in Myanmar over the Holidays
- 20 should i stay in Bali longer for the july 15 holiday ?
- 21 Great Wall hike
- 22 Georgia e-visa application
- 23 SE Asia
- 24 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 25 Trip out from Bangkok to Laos, Cambodia or ?