I've been reading many trip reports on vietnam and have noticed that many people make reservations for different things through local travel agencies. I understand about tour guides and transfers. But is making reservations for hotels in this way better than on the hotel sites or booking sites (booking, agoda and so on). We've travelled quite a lot but never in the east and ib europe we always made reservations directly with hotels or booking sites as I imagine most people do. I'd be grateful if someone would explain why it's done differently here.
reservations for hotels
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 2 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 3 Colombo
- 4 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 5 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 6 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 7 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 8 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 9 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 10 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 11 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 12 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 13 6 Hour Layover in Ho Chi Minh
- 14 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 15 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 16 Nepal- recipe?
- 17 China trip - 15 nights
- 18 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 19 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 20 best dining in Kyoto
- 21 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 22 Traveling India in 8 Months
- 23 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 24 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 25 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand