I've been reading many trip reports on vietnam and have noticed that many people make reservations for different things through local travel agencies. I understand about tour guides and transfers. But is making reservations for hotels in this way better than on the hotel sites or booking sites (booking, agoda and so on). We've travelled quite a lot but never in the east and ib europe we always made reservations directly with hotels or booking sites as I imagine most people do. I'd be grateful if someone would explain why it's done differently here.
reservations for hotels
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 2 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan
- 3 Amphawa Floating Market
- 4 Krabi island tours
- 5 Currency in South Korea
- 6 6 full days in Yagoon
- 7 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 8 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 9 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 10 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 11 Malaysian honeymoon
- 12 itinerary sri lanka please help
- 13 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 14 Myanmar itinerary help
- 15 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 16 Thailand and Southeast Asia - Advice for Lone Female
- 17 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 18 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 19 Looking for a good travel agent to plan Vietnam Laos and ?? Travel
- 20 Burma? Laos? Cambodia? Vietnam? - I need some help!
- 21 Internal flights in Thailand - buy ASAP or no big deal to wait?
- 22 Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.
- 23 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 24 Phuket/ Krabi Trip
- 25 Mao Lak and Kata/Karon/Surin or Krabi and Kata/Karon/Surin?