I've been reading many trip reports on vietnam and have noticed that many people make reservations for different things through local travel agencies. I understand about tour guides and transfers. But is making reservations for hotels in this way better than on the hotel sites or booking sites (booking, agoda and so on). We've travelled quite a lot but never in the east and ib europe we always made reservations directly with hotels or booking sites as I imagine most people do. I'd be grateful if someone would explain why it's done differently here.
reservations for hotels
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 2 Asia Tour Companies
- 3 More room for luggage in 1st class Nozomi trains than in regular trains?
- 4 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 5 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 6 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?
- 7 5 and a half full days in Tokyo. Should I consider visiting Kyoto?
- 8 Help Needed for Ambitious 22 day trip Bali and SE ASIA for Mom and Son
- 9 Singapore
- 10 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 11 Experience 4 days in Ha Noi, Viet Nam - see,do and eat
- 12 Bringing vitamins to Japan - ok in ziploc baggies?
- 13 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 14 singapore accomodation?
- 15 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 16 Hong Kong....How hideous is the flight????
- 17 Beijing Yashou Market Closure
- 18 Three Weeks in Thailand
- 19 Is 7 days too long in Hong Kong
- 20 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 21 Writers Needed for Japan
- 22 Favorite guide books for Japan and other advice for planning?
- 23 17 Day Itinerary
- 24 11 hour NRT Tokyo Layover…Asakusa or Narita Town?
- 25 Bali Help