I've been reading many trip reports on vietnam and have noticed that many people make reservations for different things through local travel agencies. I understand about tour guides and transfers. But is making reservations for hotels in this way better than on the hotel sites or booking sites (booking, agoda and so on). We've travelled quite a lot but never in the east and ib europe we always made reservations directly with hotels or booking sites as I imagine most people do. I'd be grateful if someone would explain why it's done differently here.
reservations for hotels
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 2 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 3 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 4 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 5 Jakarta or Kuala Lumpor
- 6 N. India itinerary feedback
- 7 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 8 Destination Bangkok, again
- 9 Bangkok - State Railways of Thailand - All the Excursions
- 10 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 11 £0 day visa exempt - 30 day extension
- 12 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 13 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 14 Travel during China national week?
- 15 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 16 Bali or Fiji
- 17 flight details from Chicago area to BKK
- 18 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 19 Don't use World Expeditions
- 20 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 21 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 22 Affordable accommodation in Yangon near Sule Pagoda
- 23 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 24 3 days in Teheran
- 25 Trip Report and Diary - Tokyo in 7 Days