I am trying to get a logical order to this trip in April 2016. Would love your input about which place and when. We arrive 1st April (Tokyo), depart 15th (6pm flight out of Tokyo). Could leave from Osaka, but doesn't change price and train looks just as easy.
Please comment/switch for ease of travel/geography:
Tokyo - 4 nights
Takayama - 1 or 2 nights
Kyoto - 5 nights
Miyajima - 1 night
Koyasan - 1 night
Hakone - 1 or 2 nights
This is a mother-daughter trip. Looking to see as much as we can without feeling rushed. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time getting out of the country
- 2 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 3 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 4 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 5 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 6 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 7 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 8 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 9 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 10 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 11 Planning my Philippines trip
- 12 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 13 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 14 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 15 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 16 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 17 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 18 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 19 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 20 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 21 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 22 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 23 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 24 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 25 November, March, June... Japan?