I recommend these books if you are going to Burma or Myanmar
1. Letters from Burma by Aung San Suu Kyi
2. The River of Lost Footsteps: A Personal History of Burma by Thant Myint-U
3. Finding George Orwell in Burma by Emma Larkin
4. Where China Meets India: Burma and the New Crossroads of Asia by Thant Myint-U
5. From the Land of Green Ghosts: A Burmese Odyssey by Pascal Khoo Thwe
6. The Glass Palace by Amitav Ghosh
7. Burmese Days by George Orwell
8. Old Rangoon by Noel F. Singer
Recommended Reading - Literature about Burma or Myanmar
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam Itinerary- Help!
- 2 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 3 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 4 Storing photos while traveling
- 5 Khao Lak
- 6 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 7 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 8 Tiger Temple to lose all its tiger population soon
- 9 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 10 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 11 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 12 Photos from India!
- 13 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 14 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 15 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 16 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 17 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 18 Myanmar River Cruises
- 19 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 20 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 21 How to handle cash in Japan
- 22 Great Wall hike
- 23 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 24 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 25 Six days in Hong Kong