I recommend these books if you are going to Burma or Myanmar
1. Letters from Burma by Aung San Suu Kyi
2. The River of Lost Footsteps: A Personal History of Burma by Thant Myint-U
3. Finding George Orwell in Burma by Emma Larkin
4. Where China Meets India: Burma and the New Crossroads of Asia by Thant Myint-U
5. From the Land of Green Ghosts: A Burmese Odyssey by Pascal Khoo Thwe
6. The Glass Palace by Amitav Ghosh
7. Burmese Days by George Orwell
8. Old Rangoon by Noel F. Singer
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok in April?!?
- 2 Vegetarian/Vegan in Japan
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 4 Kowloon Hotels
- 5 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 6 1st time backpacking thailand/bali help!!!
- 7 Advice on 1 Week in Philipines - Diving, Whale Sharks and More
- 8 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 9 Elephant Complex - A Beautiful New Travel Book on Sri Lanka
- 10 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 11 Is the Songkran Festival worth it?
- 12 For: Crellston
- 13 Snapshots From Kerala
- 14 Ko Phi Phi or a different island in April?
- 15 Visiting Kyoto for the color - and there was no color
- 16 My visit to Thailand
- 17 India Trip Report
- 18 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 19 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 20 My visit to Cambodia
- 21 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 22 New Member
- 23 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 24 Khoa Sok National Park in April?
- 25 My visit to Vietnam