I recommend these books if you are going to Burma or Myanmar
1. Letters from Burma by Aung San Suu Kyi
2. The River of Lost Footsteps: A Personal History of Burma by Thant Myint-U
3. Finding George Orwell in Burma by Emma Larkin
4. Where China Meets India: Burma and the New Crossroads of Asia by Thant Myint-U
5. From the Land of Green Ghosts: A Burmese Odyssey by Pascal Khoo Thwe
6. The Glass Palace by Amitav Ghosh
7. Burmese Days by George Orwell
8. Old Rangoon by Noel F. Singer
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 2 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 3 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 4 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 5 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 6 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 7 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 8 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 9 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 10 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 11 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 12 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 13 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 14 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 15 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 16 A great trip in India
- 17 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 18 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 19 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 20 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 21 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 22 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 23 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 24 Sulawesi
- 25 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?