I recommend these books if you are going to Burma or Myanmar
1. Letters from Burma by Aung San Suu Kyi
2. The River of Lost Footsteps: A Personal History of Burma by Thant Myint-U
3. Finding George Orwell in Burma by Emma Larkin
4. Where China Meets India: Burma and the New Crossroads of Asia by Thant Myint-U
5. From the Land of Green Ghosts: A Burmese Odyssey by Pascal Khoo Thwe
6. The Glass Palace by Amitav Ghosh
7. Burmese Days by George Orwell
8. Old Rangoon by Noel F. Singer
Recommended Reading - Literature about Burma or Myanmar
- 1 Does anyone book Visa to Vietnam through vietnamvisa.org.vn?
- 2 My Best of Philippines Photo Album (500+ Pics)
- 3 Southern India
- 4 Off on a Bangkok holiday once again!
- 5 India in November
- 6 ...or maybe India?
- 7 Vietnam money
- 8 Looking for help to plan trip to Vietnam
- 9 help,
- 10 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 11 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 12 1st Time to Japan - 14 Day Itinerary for May - Your Feedback Appreciated!!
- 13 Taking cash to Burma/Myanmar
- 14 Vietnam Itineray Please Help
- 15 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 16 Magical India
- 17 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 18 Planning a trip to SE Asia- limited time!
- 19 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 20 ANA Dreamliner
- 21 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 22 Safety in Malaysia
- 23 Anyone in Bangkok
- 24 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 25 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014