I recommend these books if you are going to Burma or Myanmar
1. Letters from Burma by Aung San Suu Kyi
2. The River of Lost Footsteps: A Personal History of Burma by Thant Myint-U
3. Finding George Orwell in Burma by Emma Larkin
4. Where China Meets India: Burma and the New Crossroads of Asia by Thant Myint-U
5. From the Land of Green Ghosts: A Burmese Odyssey by Pascal Khoo Thwe
6. The Glass Palace by Amitav Ghosh
7. Burmese Days by George Orwell
8. Old Rangoon by Noel F. Singer
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan tickets purchased a itinerary help needed
- 2 2 weeks in Java
- 3 Tokyo & Kyoto
- 4 Interesting destinations for 6 weeks in Jan., Feb., or March
- 5 The Must-see temples in Bali!!
- 6 9 days in Bali
- 7 4.5 days in Singapore
- 8 Italy from an Asian base
- 9 Blooming chart in Japan
- 10 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 11 Vietnam in January
- 12 Travel to India in May?
- 13 Itinerary review: Alpine Route
- 14 Itinerary Review: What do you think?
- 15 Where to Layover
- 16 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 17 Saigon: French, War, Now Ho Chi Minh
- 18 Layover in Hong Kong
- 19 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 20 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 21 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 22 Beach time in Thailand - mid November
- 23 Bus service in Nepal
- 24 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 25 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?