I recommend these books if you are going to Burma or Myanmar
1. Letters from Burma by Aung San Suu Kyi
2. The River of Lost Footsteps: A Personal History of Burma by Thant Myint-U
3. Finding George Orwell in Burma by Emma Larkin
4. Where China Meets India: Burma and the New Crossroads of Asia by Thant Myint-U
5. From the Land of Green Ghosts: A Burmese Odyssey by Pascal Khoo Thwe
6. The Glass Palace by Amitav Ghosh
7. Burmese Days by George Orwell
8. Old Rangoon by Noel F. Singer
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kampot/Kep- 3 days
- 2 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 3 Visa on Arrival
- 4 Cooking Classes & Private Tours- Bangkok
- 5 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 6 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 7 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 8 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 9 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 10 Cambodia to Vietnam via Phu Quoc - visa question, please help
- 11 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 12 Japanese art
- 13 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 14 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 15 Seoul Searching Questions
- 16 Which website to check train availability & cost
- 17 First time to SEA
- 18 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 19 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 20 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok
- 21 Hakone station confusion
- 22 Malaysia or Philipines May or end of June
- 23 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 24 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 25 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?