I recommend these books if you are going to Burma or Myanmar
1. Letters from Burma by Aung San Suu Kyi
2. The River of Lost Footsteps: A Personal History of Burma by Thant Myint-U
3. Finding George Orwell in Burma by Emma Larkin
4. Where China Meets India: Burma and the New Crossroads of Asia by Thant Myint-U
5. From the Land of Green Ghosts: A Burmese Odyssey by Pascal Khoo Thwe
6. The Glass Palace by Amitav Ghosh
7. Burmese Days by George Orwell
8. Old Rangoon by Noel F. Singer
Recommended Reading - Literature about Burma or Myanmar
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2 Weeks - Japan, China, Taiwan?
- 2 One Month in Vietnam January 2012 - Car and Driver
- 3 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 4 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 5 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 6 4 days hiking in Guilin,China
- 7 Vietnam and coffee
- 8 I'm going to Japan!
- 9 Malaria
- 10 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 11 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 12 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 13 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 14 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 15 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 16 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 17 Cherry blossom
- 18 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 19 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 20 How safe is Delhi/India
- 21 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 22 Which Putu in Bali????
- 23 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 24 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 25 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?