We are going to Japan for 10 days at the end of August and I want to splurge and spend one night at a fancy Ryokan. The main criteria I'm after are: 1) private open-air onsen 2) great food 3) great view...should be easy, right?
From the research I've done initially, the Hakkone area is going to probably have the nicest views. We have Xed out Gora Kadan because it looks too commercialized.
As such, we were thinking about Hakone-Ginyu , but some of the trip advisor reviews are mixed. My general worry about this area is it will feel really touristy.
I can't find any reviews of Senjyuan (www.senjyuan.jp) nor have I heard much positive about the location, but the inn looks lovely.
Would greatly appreciate any recommendations others have. My sister swears by the Fodor's forums so I thought I'd give it a go.
Thanks to everyone in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Beach hotel Thailand
- 2 India help needed
- 3 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 4 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 5 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 6 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 7 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 8 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 9 Sim cards and adaptors
- 10 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 11 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 12 Sri Lanka Visa
- 13 Hoi Ann hotel
- 14 Hotel in Hanoi
- 15 Place to stay Hue
- 16 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 17 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 18 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 19 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 20 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 21 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 22 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 23 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 24 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 25 Trekking outside Sapa