We are going to Japan for 10 days at the end of August and I want to splurge and spend one night at a fancy Ryokan. The main criteria I'm after are: 1) private open-air onsen 2) great food 3) great view...should be easy, right?
From the research I've done initially, the Hakkone area is going to probably have the nicest views. We have Xed out Gora Kadan because it looks too commercialized.
As such, we were thinking about Hakone-Ginyu , but some of the trip advisor reviews are mixed. My general worry about this area is it will feel really touristy.
I can't find any reviews of Senjyuan (www.senjyuan.jp) nor have I heard much positive about the location, but the inn looks lovely.
Would greatly appreciate any recommendations others have. My sister swears by the Fodor's forums so I thought I'd give it a go.
Thanks to everyone in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice on itinerary Japan 12 nights
- 2 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 3 India: Flying from Varanasi to New Delhi
- 4 Japan then Bali - Where to Fly In & Out?
- 5 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 6 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 7 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 8 Clean hotel near BKK for early flight
- 9 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2016 - Annapurna Base Camp (and more)
- 10 Tokyo and Kyoto in one week
- 11 Finding best Vietnam and Cambodia cruise in Mekong river for family
- 12 Japan in February
- 13 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 14 Bangkok hotel - Feedback requested on specific hotels
- 15 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 16 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 17 Good unlimited data for tourists
- 18 Bangkok hotel - River sides pros/cons
- 19 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 20 Travelling to Malaysia with an invalid Australian Passport
- 21 Phuket
- 22 Which locations should I select for my Goa trip?
- 23 Japan: ATM Machines
- 24 In Spite of Old and Dilapidated, more Creators Were Attracted
- 25 Don't forget the wellies...