We are going to Japan for 10 days at the end of August and I want to splurge and spend one night at a fancy Ryokan. The main criteria I'm after are: 1) private open-air onsen 2) great food 3) great view...should be easy, right?
From the research I've done initially, the Hakkone area is going to probably have the nicest views. We have Xed out Gora Kadan because it looks too commercialized.
As such, we were thinking about Hakone-Ginyu , but some of the trip advisor reviews are mixed. My general worry about this area is it will feel really touristy.
I can't find any reviews of Senjyuan (www.senjyuan.jp) nor have I heard much positive about the location, but the inn looks lovely.
Would greatly appreciate any recommendations others have. My sister swears by the Fodor's forums so I thought I'd give it a go.
Thanks to everyone in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 2 Vietnam in February for 8 nights
- 3 http://maximizedmuscleideas.com/noxitril/
- 4 http://maximizedmuscleideas.com/noxitril/
- 5 Short Trip to Japan & South East Asia
- 6 A great trip in India
- 7 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 8 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 9 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 10 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 11 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 12 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 13 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 14 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 15 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 16 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 17 Sulawesi
- 18 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 19 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo
- 20 Day Trip in Bohol - Travel Report
- 21 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 22 Pearls in Beijing and MORE!
- 23 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 24 Bali in March for 5 nights?
- 25 Varanasi : Advice needed on how best to see the evening Aarti