We are going to Japan for 10 days at the end of August and I want to splurge and spend one night at a fancy Ryokan. The main criteria I'm after are: 1) private open-air onsen 2) great food 3) great view...should be easy, right?
From the research I've done initially, the Hakkone area is going to probably have the nicest views. We have Xed out Gora Kadan because it looks too commercialized.
As such, we were thinking about Hakone-Ginyu , but some of the trip advisor reviews are mixed. My general worry about this area is it will feel really touristy.
I can't find any reviews of Senjyuan (www.senjyuan.jp) nor have I heard much positive about the location, but the inn looks lovely.
Would greatly appreciate any recommendations others have. My sister swears by the Fodor's forums so I thought I'd give it a go.
Thanks to everyone in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 "necessities" for India
- 2 Mandalay questions
- 3 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 4 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 5 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 6 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 7 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 8 50th Anniversary trip
- 9 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 10 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 11 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 12 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 13 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 14 Help - India take 2
- 15 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 16 CNX late arrival?
- 17 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 18 best singapore hotel
- 19 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 20 is this a good travel plan?
- 21 currency conversion
- 22 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 23 The truth about elephant tourism
- 24 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 25 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?