We are going to Japan for 10 days at the end of August and I want to splurge and spend one night at a fancy Ryokan. The main criteria I'm after are: 1) private open-air onsen 2) great food 3) great view...should be easy, right?
From the research I've done initially, the Hakkone area is going to probably have the nicest views. We have Xed out Gora Kadan because it looks too commercialized.
As such, we were thinking about Hakone-Ginyu , but some of the trip advisor reviews are mixed. My general worry about this area is it will feel really touristy.
I can't find any reviews of Senjyuan (www.senjyuan.jp) nor have I heard much positive about the location, but the inn looks lovely.
Would greatly appreciate any recommendations others have. My sister swears by the Fodor's forums so I thought I'd give it a go.
Thanks to everyone in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 2 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 3 An island paradise?
- 4 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 5 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 6 1946-2007: An Old Soldier Returns to Camp Site in Beppu
- 7 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 8 Yet again! This time in Dharamsala
- 9 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 10 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 11 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 12 Rental Car Bali
- 13 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 14 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 15 Kintamani Tour
- 16 Some notes about South Korea
- 17 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 18 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 19 Awesome trip to Yellow Mountains and Hangzhou in China!
- 20 Totally unprepared
- 21 Sulawesi
- 22 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 23 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 24 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 25 passport visa ques.