We are going to Japan for 10 days at the end of August and I want to splurge and spend one night at a fancy Ryokan. The main criteria I'm after are: 1) private open-air onsen 2) great food 3) great view...should be easy, right?
From the research I've done initially, the Hakkone area is going to probably have the nicest views. We have Xed out Gora Kadan because it looks too commercialized.
As such, we were thinking about Hakone-Ginyu , but some of the trip advisor reviews are mixed. My general worry about this area is it will feel really touristy.
I can't find any reviews of Senjyuan (www.senjyuan.jp) nor have I heard much positive about the location, but the inn looks lovely.
Would greatly appreciate any recommendations others have. My sister swears by the Fodor's forums so I thought I'd give it a go.
Thanks to everyone in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BUY Biometric Passports, driver's licenses
- 2 I always recommend it to my friends
- 3 Is this crazy?
- 4 Rockin Booty Diet pills can cause serious
- 5 japan itenirary help
- 6 http://advancedtrimsite.com/shred-maxx-reviews/
- 7 The Must-try Vietnamese Foods
- 8 8 Days in Central/South Vietnam
- 9 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 10 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 11 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 12 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 13 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 14 Bali airport transportation
- 15 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 16 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 17 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 18 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 19 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 20 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 21 China visa 60 day limit--leave for weekend?
- 22 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 23 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 24 Passport for Indonesia
- 25 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam