My husband and I are flying to thailand this Monday 10th of December, we have the following itinerary which is still very flexible.
2 days bangkok
6 days Chaing Mai (elephant sanctuary, cooking lessons,..) and Chiang Rai (white temple)
4 days Cambodia by land
10 - 11 days in the islands (christmas and new year)
Is our first time in the Thailand, we are in our mid 30's. we don't want to shopping and we are not that much interesting in parties.
Are 6 days good for north thailand? Is it worth to stay in chiang rai or is only worth for a day trip although I think there it is 3 hours by bus.
Any recommendations to do within these 6 days? Any recommendations for hotels/guesthouse? $20/night for double private room? apart from agoda is any other good website?
The islands we would like to visit are:
3 days Koh Lipe
2 days Phuket - Kata beach or Karon
2 days Koh phi phi (tour to Koh phi don, koh phi lee...)
3 days Krabi (Railey - will be too expensive to stay here or should we go only for the day?), Hong island. Where will be best to look for hotels in this area?
1 day Kho yao noi (should we stay here or just go for the day?)
Do you have any recommendations for the islands? should I include something else, any recommendation regarding in which order should I visit them?
I was checking hotels and prices are going up and there are some places that are already fully booked. If you have recommendations please let me know.
Some of the flight we will take will be from DMK Bangkok Thailand, how easy is to get here from centre of Bangkok, how much will cost and how long will take?
My husband wants to see thai box, is better to go in Bangkok or can we also go in chiang mai, where? how much should cost?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 2 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 3 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 4 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 5 Tokyo daytrip
- 6 Bali - What to do?
- 7 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 8 Impressions of India
- 9 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 10 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 11 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 12 Taiwan confusion..
- 13 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 14 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 15 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 16 Laos- two weeks in January
- 17 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 18 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 19 Visa for India
- 20 Snapshots From Kerala
- 21 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 22 Other than Kyoto?
- 23 Japan itinerary advice
- 24 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 25 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback