My husband and I are flying to thailand this Monday 10th of December, we have the following itinerary which is still very flexible.
2 days bangkok
6 days Chaing Mai (elephant sanctuary, cooking lessons,..) and Chiang Rai (white temple)
4 days Cambodia by land
10 - 11 days in the islands (christmas and new year)
Is our first time in the Thailand, we are in our mid 30's. we don't want to shopping and we are not that much interesting in parties.
Are 6 days good for north thailand? Is it worth to stay in chiang rai or is only worth for a day trip although I think there it is 3 hours by bus.
Any recommendations to do within these 6 days? Any recommendations for hotels/guesthouse? $20/night for double private room? apart from agoda is any other good website?
The islands we would like to visit are:
3 days Koh Lipe
2 days Phuket - Kata beach or Karon
2 days Koh phi phi (tour to Koh phi don, koh phi lee...)
3 days Krabi (Railey - will be too expensive to stay here or should we go only for the day?), Hong island. Where will be best to look for hotels in this area?
1 day Kho yao noi (should we stay here or just go for the day?)
Do you have any recommendations for the islands? should I include something else, any recommendation regarding in which order should I visit them?
I was checking hotels and prices are going up and there are some places that are already fully booked. If you have recommendations please let me know.
Some of the flight we will take will be from DMK Bangkok Thailand, how easy is to get here from centre of Bangkok, how much will cost and how long will take?
My husband wants to see thai box, is better to go in Bangkok or can we also go in chiang mai, where? how much should cost?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 2 Taiwan itinerary help, only 3 nights/2 days.
- 3 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 4 Thailand - Help with Itinerary 15 Days to incl. North & South
- 5 japan itenirary help
- 6 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 7 Is this crazy?
- 8 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 9 thai baht allowance
- 10 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 11 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 12 2 gals and 2 weeks in Bali
- 13 JR Pass or Pay as you Go
- 14 In Seoul for one day
- 15 Japan & WiFi
- 16 Bali airport transportation
- 17 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 18 Travel Itenary
- 19 Halong Bay cruise
- 20 Vietnam - 15 day Visa Waiver extended until 30 June 2017
- 21 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November
- 22 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 23 Passport for Indonesia
- 24 Fabric shops in India
- 25 8 Days in Central/South Vietnam