This is our first trip to Hong Kong and we will be going to Macau before taking a ferry over to Hong Kong. We were planning to stay in Macau for abt 3days & another 3days in Hong Kong and we are trying to figure our itinerary and determine the best area/hotel for Hong Kong. As we are on a pretty tight budget (more $$ to shop!), we were wondering if Hong Kong featured any less mainstream and perhaps quirky little boutique hotels that is accessible to all the good eats & buys. We don't mind (Love!) staying up and shopping and food are high priorities so we would love to get recommendations on must-eat, must-see, must-go! Any advice would be greatly appreciated !
Recommendations for first trip to Hong Kong & Macau?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 2 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 3 Christmas Time in India
- 4 Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?
- 5 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 6 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!
- 7 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 8 Myanmar podcast
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 10 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 11 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 12 Chiang Mai, Thailand airport departure tax
- 13 Burma with a toddler
- 14 Having doubts with China
- 15 .INDONESIA, ETC...great new book!
- 16 Where have you be able to find your small denomination pristine currency?
- 17 I have 6 nights end of Nov Beg of December - ImTHINKING.....
- 18 Bali wedding in villa
- 19 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 20 beaches in Thailand
- 21 The world's biggest cave in Vietnam?
- 22 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 23 Escorted Tour of Vietnam
- 24 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 25 South Korea, 7th World Water Forum - April 2015