This is our first trip to Hong Kong and we will be going to Macau before taking a ferry over to Hong Kong. We were planning to stay in Macau for abt 3days & another 3days in Hong Kong and we are trying to figure our itinerary and determine the best area/hotel for Hong Kong. As we are on a pretty tight budget (more $$ to shop!), we were wondering if Hong Kong featured any less mainstream and perhaps quirky little boutique hotels that is accessible to all the good eats & buys. We don't mind (Love!) staying up and shopping and food are high priorities so we would love to get recommendations on must-eat, must-see, must-go! Any advice would be greatly appreciated !
Recommendations for first trip to Hong Kong & Macau?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 One week in Thailand
- 2 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 3 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 4 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 5 Free Tour Guide
- 6 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 7 India: Visa on arrival for USA psprt
- 8 India and Nepal 2014
- 9 India and Nepal 2014
- 10 Independent female traveller
- 11 Tour company practices
- 12 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 13 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!
- 14 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 15 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 16 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015
- 17 Help! Which to choose?
- 18 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 19 North Vietnam Again!
- 20 Passport Safety
- 21 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 22 Castle & King
- 23 Mt Aso Eruption
- 24 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 25 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)