This is our first trip to Hong Kong and we will be going to Macau before taking a ferry over to Hong Kong. We were planning to stay in Macau for abt 3days & another 3days in Hong Kong and we are trying to figure our itinerary and determine the best area/hotel for Hong Kong. As we are on a pretty tight budget (more $$ to shop!), we were wondering if Hong Kong featured any less mainstream and perhaps quirky little boutique hotels that is accessible to all the good eats & buys. We don't mind (Love!) staying up and shopping and food are high priorities so we would love to get recommendations on must-eat, must-see, must-go! Any advice would be greatly appreciated !
Recommendations for first trip to Hong Kong & Macau?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 "Copying" Favorite Clothes
- 2 Thailand Itinerary Rough Plan
- 3 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 4 Question: Using JR Pass on Narita Express upon arrival
- 5 Can you take luggage on the bullet train, or should the hotel send it on?
- 6 Tokyo: Belated Trip Report
- 7 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 8 Malaysia travel route help!
- 9 Cambodia itinerary advice and luggage storage?
- 10 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 11 Nepal - Lucky Escape!
- 12 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 13 Thailand for 2 weeks January 2016
- 14 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 15 help with planning a trip to Vietnam
- 16 Seeking itinerary advice - 14 days in Japan in November
- 17 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 18 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 19 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 20 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 21 best dining in Kyoto
- 22 Haridwar or Rishikesh?
- 23 Tokyo Sumo and Baseball
- 24 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives
- 25 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip