This is our first trip to Hong Kong and we will be going to Macau before taking a ferry over to Hong Kong. We were planning to stay in Macau for abt 3days & another 3days in Hong Kong and we are trying to figure our itinerary and determine the best area/hotel for Hong Kong. As we are on a pretty tight budget (more $$ to shop!), we were wondering if Hong Kong featured any less mainstream and perhaps quirky little boutique hotels that is accessible to all the good eats & buys. We don't mind (Love!) staying up and shopping and food are high priorities so we would love to get recommendations on must-eat, must-see, must-go! Any advice would be greatly appreciated !
Recommendations for first trip to Hong Kong & Macau?
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 2 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 3 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 4 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 5 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 6 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 7 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 8 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 9 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 10 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 11 Anyone in Bangkok
- 12 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 13 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 14 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 15 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 16 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 17 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 18 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 19 Travel Insurance
- 20 South East Asia
- 21 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 22 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 23 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 24 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 25 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!