This is our first trip to Hong Kong and we will be going to Macau before taking a ferry over to Hong Kong. We were planning to stay in Macau for abt 3days & another 3days in Hong Kong and we are trying to figure our itinerary and determine the best area/hotel for Hong Kong. As we are on a pretty tight budget (more $$ to shop!), we were wondering if Hong Kong featured any less mainstream and perhaps quirky little boutique hotels that is accessible to all the good eats & buys. We don't mind (Love!) staying up and shopping and food are high priorities so we would love to get recommendations on must-eat, must-see, must-go! Any advice would be greatly appreciated !
Recommendations for first trip to Hong Kong & Macau?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 2 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 3 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 4 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 5 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 6 Kashmir today
- 7 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 8 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 9 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 10 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 11 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 12 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 13 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 14 Triple Room in Singapore
- 15 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 16 What I like about Mumbai
- 17 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 18 GPS points for Mustang - Naar Phu, Saribung pass, Saribung peak
- 19 11D Family 4 Adults 3 kids age 1, 4, 6 Taiwan trip need advice on itinerary
- 20 Sri Lanka - Itinerary Ideas?
- 21 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 22 6 full days in Yagoon
- 23 Where to Play Basketball in Tokyo
- 24 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 25 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary