This is our first trip to Hong Kong and we will be going to Macau before taking a ferry over to Hong Kong. We were planning to stay in Macau for abt 3days & another 3days in Hong Kong and we are trying to figure our itinerary and determine the best area/hotel for Hong Kong. As we are on a pretty tight budget (more $$ to shop!), we were wondering if Hong Kong featured any less mainstream and perhaps quirky little boutique hotels that is accessible to all the good eats & buys. We don't mind (Love!) staying up and shopping and food are high priorities so we would love to get recommendations on must-eat, must-see, must-go! Any advice would be greatly appreciated !
Recommendations for first trip to Hong Kong & Macau?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 2 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 3 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 4 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 5 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 6 Indian visa
- 7 Mangalore, India as cruise stop…seems underwhelming
- 8 Assistance planning remaining 5 days in South Thailand
- 9 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 10 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 11 Hello from Thailand - I'm here!
- 12 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 13 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 14 Art in Shanghai
- 15 Dress code in India
- 16 One week in India
- 17 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 18 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 19 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 20 Bali for 10 days need help with budget
- 21 help me plan my first trip to japan!
- 22 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 23 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 24 Passport Safety
- 25 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara