Me and my wife are travelling throughout SE Asia for 2 months from Early February to Early April (8 and a half weeks). Our itinerary so far looks like this:
- Flying to Bangkok (3 nights)
- Flying to Chiang Mai (5 nights)
- Volunteering with a Workaway host near Chiang Mai (1 week)
- Minivan to Pai (4 nights)
- 1 night in stopover in Chiang Mai
- Early morning flight to Krabi and a minivan to Ko Lanta (1 week)
- Fast boat to Ko Lipe (3 nights)
- Fast boat to Langkawi
- HOPEFULLY volunteering with a workaway host near Langkawi (2 weeks)
- Flight to Bali via Kuala Lumpur and then a taxi to Ubud (5 nights)
- Fast boat to the Gili Islands (5 nights)
- Sanur in Bali (4 nights)
- Flight back to Bangkok for return flight (2 nights)
Our planned itinerary is seeming alright to me at the moment, but the 2 weeks volunteering near Langkawi are a bit sketchy...we are hoping to volunteer with a Workaway host near Langkawi, but the problem is that the host we have in mind will not be certain until closer to the time if there is room to accommodate us.
Just for a bit of peace of mind I am now trying to conjure up a backup plan for what to add to our itinerary should no workaway volunteering offers materialise.
We are planning to spend the last 3 weeks of our trip in Bali/the Gili Islands, but could potentially have a spare 14 in the middle of that to get from Langkawi near the Thai border all the way down to Bali. Rather than simply stay around that area and then fly down to Bali, I am trying to find out where would be worth our time to add to our itinerary between Langkawi and Bali. Can anyone suggest anywhere that they personally really enjoyed staying being between the two places and think we might enjoy, at the same time going in the general direction ofBali (that covers pretty much all of Malaysia and most of Indonesia).
We are a married couple in our 20s, travelling on a bit of a budget (not too tight, but certainly not rich enough for Singapore from what I have heard!) wanting to do something a bit different and see some beautiful places. We are fairly easy-going people and enjoy anything from experiencing native culture, exploring cities, relaxing on beaches, trekking, sight-seeing, visiting cafes, bars, museums, partying, meditating - we are open to anything really, there isn't one particular type of thing we are after.
Long story short, I guess what I'd like to know is where would you personally choose to go between Langkawi and Bali if you had a spare 2 weeks and why?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 C@ndian : ICLOUD Mail TEC*H SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 icloud b*g
- 2 Christmas in the Alps
- 3 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 4 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 5 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 6 Mount Koya
- 7 Sometahing is wrong
- 8 Idiotic time zone question
- 9 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 10 Twin rooms in Japan
- 11 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 12 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 sri lanka- tips required
- 15 base bangkok or manilla
- 16 Change my Itinerary?
- 17 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week