We started tour at 5.30 am on 20th January 2013. Our Tata Safari was ready and our luggauge was nicely packed with food items required on the way. Started from Pune, travelled on Pune-Mumbai expressway. Tool a turn from Thane and entered in Gujrat. We had a small breakfast at Bharuch on the highway side. Had a brisk lunch at Ahmedabad by-pass. Travelled direct to Mount Abu. Checked in in the hotel, had dinner in the same hotel. Early morning went out in thrilling and chilling cold. Enjoyed hot tea and the nature at Mount Abu. After site seeing, started from Mount Abu and reached Udaipur in the evening. Stayed in the hotel. Morning about 7 am we started for site seeing. Visited Udaipur palace and the city. Did some shopping, and then started for Jodhpur. Reached late night in Jodhpur. Next morning, visited Palaces and did some shopping. For Lunch and Dinner - only Dal Bati Churma and Roti Sabji. But it was good for change. After Jodhpur shopping, we travelled to Jaisalmer via Pokaran. Reached around 7 pm and Abu Safari gave us a very nice deal for Desert Safari. We travelled further 40 km towards deserts, stayed in tents, enjoyed local folk musik and dance and enjoyed local food. Next morning went to see sunrise in the deserts. Had a camel ride in the deserts. For entire family, this remained highlight of our tour. After lunch, started towards Bikaner. Had lunch on the way on roadside Dhaba. Reached Bikaner late night. Our hotel was quite ethnik. Next morning, started visit to palaces, museums and did some shopping of artefacts etc. In the evening, started towards Ajmer. It was Id and was quite an occasion to see the decorated shrine of Garib Nawaz khwaja Moinuddin Chisti. After Ajmer visit, travelled back to Pushkar and checked in a Ashram for the stay. The stay was very nice and cheap. Next day, went to Pushkar lake. It was Pournima (fullmoon) and it was proper to have rituals done on the Pushkar lake. Had a visit to Brahma temple, and then started travel to Jaipur. Reached Jaipur late in the evening. After dinner, had to do lot of packing of stuff bought on the way. Next morning, visited Jaipur palaces, bought some durries and dress material and bangles. Then started our journey towards Agra. We did our hotel bookings over phone and could get a nice hotel nearby Tajmahal. Next morning, had a breakfast and straight headed towards Taj Mahal. It was my third visit to Taj Mahal. After that we went to see Agra fort, and thereafter started towards Mathura. Visited Brij, Dwarakanathji Temple and Janmabhumi. We stayed in the International Rest house, situated just opposite the Janambhoomi Temples. I bought very special Radha Kishan brass idols and deity clothes. Next morning, went again to Temples and then started our return journey. From Mathura, via Bharatpur, we travelled straight to Ujjain. We did hotel booking on telephone while we were travelling. As the road was not highway and internal roads were not so good, we reached very late, about 11.30 pm. Next morning, we went to visit Mahankaleshwar temple, one of 12 Jyotirlangas. We could not make 4 am Bhasmarti, but about 7 am we had nice Darshan and Abhishek done with milk and bell leaves and flowers. Ujjain was our last stay in the entire journey. From Ujjain, we started towards Pune via Indore. On the way, had a short visit to Shirdi's Saibaba Temple. Then via Ahmednagar, reached our home in Pune at about 11.00 pm. 20th January to 30th January - 11 days tour. Quite an experience. We fully enjoyed being with people from Mewad and Marwad. Also loved the fully vegetarian food available plenty en-route. The highways are excellent and very safe. These places being very touristik in nature, there was no dearth of guides, hotels and food malls.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 2 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 3 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 4 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 5 Myanmar Visa Online - Report
- 6 General question
- 7 Japan Itinerary for May
- 8 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 9 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 10 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 11 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 12 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 13 South Korea 5 days
- 14 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 15 Thai island escape
- 16 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 17 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 18 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 19 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 20 Phuket Hotel
- 21 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 22 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 23 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 24 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 25 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)