So, I finally have our itinerary set. I figured we will probably never go back to this part of the world because a. United is changing their points system and it'll be harder to travel with my hubby's free mileage and b. There are too many other places I want to see and so little time (and even less money). WIth that in mind (and we're traveling end of July beginning August), we've decided on:
1- Arrive in Kuala Lumpur and stay for 3 nights (1 day trip to Melaka and possibly Batu Caves, Petronas Towers, there's a city tour that people on trip advisor seem to rave about);
2- 3 nights in Penang;
3- Fly to Thailand (this part depends on flight costs as to what comes first) 4 nights Chaing Mai;
4- 2 nights Bangkok (would love to squeeze a day trip to Ayutthaya here but must do grand palace, Wat Phra Kaew and Wat Pho);
5- 4 nights Ko Samui (it'll be Mansoon season so that's why we chose this island rather than Phuket is this a good choice?);
6- 1 night in Kuala Lumpur (before returning home and nope we can't change the outbound flight).
So, that's our 17 nights. Suggestions for what to do? Where to stay? I'm trying to balance my hubby's "let's take it easy and relax" attitude with my "get up! There's so much to do!" attitude.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 lost love back vashikaran specialist baba ji +91-7568793397
- 2 inter cast love marriage vashikaran specialist baba ji +91-7568793397
- 3 November, March, June... Japan?
- 4 Itinerary Help Japan
- 5 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 6 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 7 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 8 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 9 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 10 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 11 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 12 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 13 Silk Road Tour - China
- 14 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 15 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 16 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 17 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 18 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 19 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 20 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 21 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 22 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 23 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 24 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 25 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia