So, I finally have our itinerary set. I figured we will probably never go back to this part of the world because a. United is changing their points system and it'll be harder to travel with my hubby's free mileage and b. There are too many other places I want to see and so little time (and even less money). WIth that in mind (and we're traveling end of July beginning August), we've decided on:
1- Arrive in Kuala Lumpur and stay for 3 nights (1 day trip to Melaka and possibly Batu Caves, Petronas Towers, there's a city tour that people on trip advisor seem to rave about);
2- 3 nights in Penang;
3- Fly to Thailand (this part depends on flight costs as to what comes first) 4 nights Chaing Mai;
4- 2 nights Bangkok (would love to squeeze a day trip to Ayutthaya here but must do grand palace, Wat Phra Kaew and Wat Pho);
5- 4 nights Ko Samui (it'll be Mansoon season so that's why we chose this island rather than Phuket is this a good choice?);
6- 1 night in Kuala Lumpur (before returning home and nope we can't change the outbound flight).
So, that's our 17 nights. Suggestions for what to do? Where to stay? I'm trying to balance my hubby's "let's take it easy and relax" attitude with my "get up! There's so much to do!" attitude.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 2 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 3 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 4 Tokyo Shopping: Sports Team Tees
- 5 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 6 India in March and April??
- 7 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 8 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 9 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 10 Japan- National Holiday
- 11 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 12 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 13 Passport
- 14 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 15 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 16 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 17 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 18 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 19 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 20 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 21 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 22 Amakusa island help
- 23 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 24 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 25 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia