After all to great advice I received on my plans in India last year, I am now looking for some help with our trip to Burma next March.
I have worked out the basic details, into Mandalay from Bangkok and back to Bangkok from Yangon, hotels and local transportation, for our trip with Myanmar Shalom. Now they are asking for the specific things we want to do/see in each place.
Those that helped me last year gave great advice on what might be suitable for me as I have a little mobility issue....I walk with canes and have trouble with steep, very uneven paths and also lots of steps.
Right now I am working on Inle Lake. Indein gets high marks from everyone who goes and the pictures look really neat, but I read about the climb up to the temple. There seems to be a covered walk way, but is it a long walk up and is it steep? What about walking around the old stupas...the pictures are wonderful but are the pathways terribly uneven? They don't look too bad in some of the pictures.
At first I rejected Inle Lake all together, but put it back in the mix thinking we would just do a boat ride seeing what we could from the boat as there appear to be some wonderful villages and daily life scenes , but now I am thinking maybe we could manage a stop or two. I will know when I see the docking area if I can even get out of the boat, but I don't want to get out and then not be able to get to the site.
What stops might be possible...any of the workshops, especially the textile one/s? Looks like some places have a small dock area and at others, the boats just run up on the land. Climbing over several rocking boats is out, but climbing out of my boat onto the edge of the water or a dock is doable with some help from DH.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 2 50th Anniversary trip
- 3 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 4 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 5 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 6 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 7 14 days in Myanmar
- 8 Changing planes at Dubai
- 9 Indian Food Series
- 10 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 11 "necessities" for India
- 12 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 13 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 14 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 15 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 16 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 17 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 18 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 19 Short trip to Myanmar
- 20 ATMs in Japan
- 21 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 22 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 23 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 24 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 25 Gang rape in India. Again.