After all to great advice I received on my plans in India last year, I am now looking for some help with our trip to Burma next March.
I have worked out the basic details, into Mandalay from Bangkok and back to Bangkok from Yangon, hotels and local transportation, for our trip with Myanmar Shalom. Now they are asking for the specific things we want to do/see in each place.
Those that helped me last year gave great advice on what might be suitable for me as I have a little mobility issue....I walk with canes and have trouble with steep, very uneven paths and also lots of steps.
Right now I am working on Inle Lake. Indein gets high marks from everyone who goes and the pictures look really neat, but I read about the climb up to the temple. There seems to be a covered walk way, but is it a long walk up and is it steep? What about walking around the old stupas...the pictures are wonderful but are the pathways terribly uneven? They don't look too bad in some of the pictures.
At first I rejected Inle Lake all together, but put it back in the mix thinking we would just do a boat ride seeing what we could from the boat as there appear to be some wonderful villages and daily life scenes , but now I am thinking maybe we could manage a stop or two. I will know when I see the docking area if I can even get out of the boat, but I don't want to get out and then not be able to get to the site.
What stops might be possible...any of the workshops, especially the textile one/s? Looks like some places have a small dock area and at others, the boats just run up on the land. Climbing over several rocking boats is out, but climbing out of my boat onto the edge of the water or a dock is doable with some help from DH.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visiting China - must be tour
- 2 Hanoi Hotel
- 3 Best Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 5 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 6 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 7 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 8 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 9 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 10 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 11 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 12 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 13 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 14 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 15 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 16 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 17 An island paradise?
- 18 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 19 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 20 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 21 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 22 Budget accommodation in Krabi and Phi Phi island??
- 23 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 24 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 25 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?