After all to great advice I received on my plans in India last year, I am now looking for some help with our trip to Burma next March.
I have worked out the basic details, into Mandalay from Bangkok and back to Bangkok from Yangon, hotels and local transportation, for our trip with Myanmar Shalom. Now they are asking for the specific things we want to do/see in each place.
Those that helped me last year gave great advice on what might be suitable for me as I have a little mobility issue....I walk with canes and have trouble with steep, very uneven paths and also lots of steps.
Right now I am working on Inle Lake. Indein gets high marks from everyone who goes and the pictures look really neat, but I read about the climb up to the temple. There seems to be a covered walk way, but is it a long walk up and is it steep? What about walking around the old stupas...the pictures are wonderful but are the pathways terribly uneven? They don't look too bad in some of the pictures.
At first I rejected Inle Lake all together, but put it back in the mix thinking we would just do a boat ride seeing what we could from the boat as there appear to be some wonderful villages and daily life scenes , but now I am thinking maybe we could manage a stop or two. I will know when I see the docking area if I can even get out of the boat, but I don't want to get out and then not be able to get to the site.
What stops might be possible...any of the workshops, especially the textile one/s? Looks like some places have a small dock area and at others, the boats just run up on the land. Climbing over several rocking boats is out, but climbing out of my boat onto the edge of the water or a dock is doable with some help from DH.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Questions on Places to See in Burma
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 days in Lahore, need some suggestions
- 2 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 3 "Naga New Year Festival 2015"
- 4 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 5 Explorer the wildlife of Jim Corbett National Park
- 6 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 7 Indian visa
- 8 One week in Thailand
- 9 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 10 US citizens applying for India visa--take care which website you use
- 11 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 12 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 13 Trip to Mt. Merapi and Prambanan Temple, Indonesia
- 14 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 15 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 16 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara
- 17 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 18 Which is better with kids, Dubai or Singapore ?
- 19 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 20 Assistance planning remaining 5 days in South Thailand
- 21 First trip to China ! Need help with itinerary
- 22 Mangalore, India as cruise stop…seems underwhelming
- 23 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 24 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 25 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?