We are a couple in our mid 30’s, planning our first trip to Japan from May 8 to May 24. (arriving and departing from Tokyo because the flights from Osaka are not convenient).
We usually like to take our time while traveling and don't like to rent a car and move frequently between base cities.
We've been doing a lot of research on the trip but have a few questions before booking :
We will stay :
Tokyo (8 nights including first night when will be jet-lagged) with 2 side-trips to Kamakura and Nikko.
Japanese Alps (2 nights) possibly Kanazawa with side-trip to Shirakawago
Kyoto (5 nights) includng side-trips to Nara and Himeji
Does it make sense? Are we planning too many side-trips?
We also have a few questions :
Should we avoid travelling between cities during the week-end?
Which 2 neighborhoods for the 2 hotels in Tokyo? (Ginza and Shibuya or Shinjuku?)
We would like to sleep in some Ryokans ? In which cities? Kanazawa and Kyoto?
My wife is a huge Disney fan and we've been a few times to Orlando. Should DisneySea be our list?
Finally, we will fly from New York economy. JAL price is $250 less per ticket than ANA but it seems that their seat pitch is 3" less. Which one do you recommend.
Thank you in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.health2facts.com/povella-moisturizer/
- 2 Thai Jungle Experience
- 3 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 4 Angkor guides: Tek???
- 5 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 6 First time to India
- 7 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 8 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 9 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 10 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 11 First time getting out of the country
- 12 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 13 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 14 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 15 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 16 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 17 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 18 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 19 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 20 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 21 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 22 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 23 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 24 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 25 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!