We are a couple in our mid 30’s, planning our first trip to Japan from May 8 to May 24. (arriving and departing from Tokyo because the flights from Osaka are not convenient).
We usually like to take our time while traveling and don't like to rent a car and move frequently between base cities.
We've been doing a lot of research on the trip but have a few questions before booking :
We will stay :
Tokyo (8 nights including first night when will be jet-lagged) with 2 side-trips to Kamakura and Nikko.
Japanese Alps (2 nights) possibly Kanazawa with side-trip to Shirakawago
Kyoto (5 nights) includng side-trips to Nara and Himeji
Does it make sense? Are we planning too many side-trips?
We also have a few questions :
Should we avoid travelling between cities during the week-end?
Which 2 neighborhoods for the 2 hotels in Tokyo? (Ginza and Shibuya or Shinjuku?)
We would like to sleep in some Ryokans ? In which cities? Kanazawa and Kyoto?
My wife is a huge Disney fan and we've been a few times to Orlando. Should DisneySea be our list?
Finally, we will fly from New York economy. JAL price is $250 less per ticket than ANA but it seems that their seat pitch is 3" less. Which one do you recommend.
Thank you in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 2 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 3 SE Asia in December/January
- 4 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 5 50th Anniversary trip
- 6 My Topic TitleTravel Partner in Karimunjawa Islands
- 7 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 8 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 9 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 10 14 days in Myanmar
- 11 Harbin in mid March
- 12 Changing planes at Dubai
- 13 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 14 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 15 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 16 Indian Food Series
- 17 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 18 "necessities" for India
- 19 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 20 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 21 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 22 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 23 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 24 Short trip to Myanmar
- 25 ATMs in Japan