If my understanding is correct, I should be able to exchange my JR Pass Voucher at Narita Airport immediately after landing, and then take the NEx train to Tokyo Station. I believe that the NEx train has only reserved seats; however, upon reviewing the process on the JR East website, it appears that one must pick up the tickets at least two days before the date of the reservation. So my question is, do I just make the train reservation in-person when I exchange the vouchers for the pass, or is there a way to make the reservation in advance and obtain the tickets before arrival, since same-day pick up does not seem possible.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Buy Ielts certificates, Buy Passport, Buy Visa, Buy Driving Licence
- 2 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 3 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 4 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 5 Japan Itinerary!
- 6 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 7 Magical India
- 8 India itinerary critique please
- 9 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 10 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 11 Vientiane and ??
- 12 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 13 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 14 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 15 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 16 Himachal Pradesh
- 17 Luggage size China ?
- 18 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 19 Thai Elephants
- 20 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 21 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 22 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 23 Sri Lanka in August
- 24 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 25 Japan/Korea/HK