If my understanding is correct, I should be able to exchange my JR Pass Voucher at Narita Airport immediately after landing, and then take the NEx train to Tokyo Station. I believe that the NEx train has only reserved seats; however, upon reviewing the process on the JR East website, it appears that one must pick up the tickets at least two days before the date of the reservation. So my question is, do I just make the train reservation in-person when I exchange the vouchers for the pass, or is there a way to make the reservation in advance and obtain the tickets before arrival, since same-day pick up does not seem possible.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A beach of choice on Samui
- 2 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 3 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 4 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 5 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 6 Bangkok Taxis
- 7 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 8 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 9 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 10 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 11 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 12 A month in central Asia
- 13 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 14 Something about... Malaysia
- 15 Day trip from Kuala Lumpur
- 16 Two Round Trip Tickets?
- 17 Osaka, aquarium?
- 18 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 19 favorite activities in krabi area
- 20 itinerary help for cambodia and laos
- 21 Cambodia arrival visa
- 22 Itinerary feedback please
- 23 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 24 24 day trip plan: early stages
- 25 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia