If my understanding is correct, I should be able to exchange my JR Pass Voucher at Narita Airport immediately after landing, and then take the NEx train to Tokyo Station. I believe that the NEx train has only reserved seats; however, upon reviewing the process on the JR East website, it appears that one must pick up the tickets at least two days before the date of the reservation. So my question is, do I just make the train reservation in-person when I exchange the vouchers for the pass, or is there a way to make the reservation in advance and obtain the tickets before arrival, since same-day pick up does not seem possible.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 2 Japan itinerary advice
- 3 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 4 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 5 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 6 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 7 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 8 Other than Kyoto?
- 9 Trip Report : China
- 10 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 11 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 12 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 13 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 14 Japan GTG, early April
- 15 Beijing tours
- 16 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 17 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 18 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 19 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 20 A great trip in India
- 21 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 22 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 23 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 24 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 25 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama