If my understanding is correct, I should be able to exchange my JR Pass Voucher at Narita Airport immediately after landing, and then take the NEx train to Tokyo Station. I believe that the NEx train has only reserved seats; however, upon reviewing the process on the JR East website, it appears that one must pick up the tickets at least two days before the date of the reservation. So my question is, do I just make the train reservation in-person when I exchange the vouchers for the pass, or is there a way to make the reservation in advance and obtain the tickets before arrival, since same-day pick up does not seem possible.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 EDITORS HELP....
- 2 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 3 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 4 "necessities" for India
- 5 Changing planes at Dubai
- 6 50th Anniversary trip
- 7 14 days in Myanmar
- 8 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 9 Short trip to Myanmar
- 10 ATMs in Japan
- 11 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 12 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 13 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 14 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 15 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 16 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 17 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 18 Mandalay questions
- 19 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 20 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 21 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 22 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 23 Help - India take 2
- 24 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 25 CNX late arrival?