If my understanding is correct, I should be able to exchange my JR Pass Voucher at Narita Airport immediately after landing, and then take the NEx train to Tokyo Station. I believe that the NEx train has only reserved seats; however, upon reviewing the process on the JR East website, it appears that one must pick up the tickets at least two days before the date of the reservation. So my question is, do I just make the train reservation in-person when I exchange the vouchers for the pass, or is there a way to make the reservation in advance and obtain the tickets before arrival, since same-day pick up does not seem possible.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 2 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 3 First time to India
- 4 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 5 First time getting out of the country
- 6 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 7 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 8 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 9 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 10 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 11 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 12 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 13 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 14 Planning my Philippines trip
- 15 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 16 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 17 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 18 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 19 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 20 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 21 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 22 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 23 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 24 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 25 12 days in Thailand itinerary