My wife and I will be doing a 12 day trip to Korea and Japan. We will be visitng Seoul , Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe and Kyoto. This is the first trip abroad where we will not be speaking the local language. We speak mandarin and English. We generally dislike tours but I was thinking about hiring a private guide for perhaps a few of the days. Just wondering based on others experiences if language will be an issue with transportation, going to the local food joints, ordering etc. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 2 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 3 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 4 Eating in India
- 5 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 6 Requesting Passport Number
- 7 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 8 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 9 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 10 Phu Quoc
- 11 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 12 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 13 5 weeks in Japan
- 14 China and Japan help
- 15 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 16 Help! India Visa question....
- 17 Singapore hotel
- 18 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
- 19 Indonesia in February/rainy season
- 20 Still contemplating SEA this winter and have questions
- 21 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 22 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 24 Solo female first-timer: Thailand
- 25 Shanghai Pollution in January 2016