My wife and I will be doing a 12 day trip to Korea and Japan. We will be visitng Seoul , Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe and Kyoto. This is the first trip abroad where we will not be speaking the local language. We speak mandarin and English. We generally dislike tours but I was thinking about hiring a private guide for perhaps a few of the days. Just wondering based on others experiences if language will be an issue with transportation, going to the local food joints, ordering etc. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 2 Where to stay in Koyasan?
- 3 Your "must try" Japanese food experiences.
- 4 Do you travel with an air mask (N95) when you go to China?
- 5 Rain, hail (softened by sakura) couldn't stop us from loving Japan!
- 6 Trip report: Thailand and Laos - Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Luang Prabang
- 7 Khao Lak
- 8 Vietnam - September 2015
- 9 Hakone Ryokan - Gora Kansuiro
- 10 Khmer people please help me with translation
- 11 trekking in SE Asia
- 12 TR 'From DC to Delhi and beyond' dated 25 February 2015
- 13 INDIA: "A Pleasant Surprise"
- 14 Applying Indian Visa - 1 photo or 2 ?
- 15 Which Cities in India if Only Have 8 days on Land?
- 16 Vietnam Itinerary- Help!
- 17 Re: Small and wonderful Singapore
- 18 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 19 Suggestions for plan B?: a week in Thailand in early November
- 20 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 21 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 22 Any interesting things to do/see in Hat Yai?
- 23 Castle & King tour operator review
- 24 Koh Samui/Phangan/KohTao Advice
- 25 Yangon Made Easy