My wife and I will be doing a 12 day trip to Korea and Japan. We will be visitng Seoul , Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe and Kyoto. This is the first trip abroad where we will not be speaking the local language. We speak mandarin and English. We generally dislike tours but I was thinking about hiring a private guide for perhaps a few of the days. Just wondering based on others experiences if language will be an issue with transportation, going to the local food joints, ordering etc. Thank you!
Question on korea/japan
- 1 day trips outside of Bangkoki
- 2 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 3 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 4 Japan Attractions
- 5 Cooking Class in Ubud, Bali
- 6 High Alert for Travelers! New Deadly Bird Flu in China
- 7 Golden Triangle - To Hire a Car and Driver or Not???
- 8 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 9 Hanoi airport transfer to Hotel
- 10 where NOT to eat sharks fin in Thailand
- 11 Wildlife Tour of India
- 12 Udaipur, India
- 13 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 14 Taxi from Kuala Lumpur to Melaka
- 15 Cell Phones in India
- 16 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 17 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 18 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 19 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 20 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 21 Kashmir or Nepal
- 22 Restaurants near Shangri-la Kowloon and walking/food tours
- 23 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 24 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 25 Photography Trip to Vietnam