My wife and I will be doing a 12 day trip to Korea and Japan. We will be visitng Seoul , Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe and Kyoto. This is the first trip abroad where we will not be speaking the local language. We speak mandarin and English. We generally dislike tours but I was thinking about hiring a private guide for perhaps a few of the days. Just wondering based on others experiences if language will be an issue with transportation, going to the local food joints, ordering etc. Thank you!
Question on korea/japan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 2 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 3 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 4 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 5 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 6 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 7 India, What Can I Say!
- 8 Phuket
- 9 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 10 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 11 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 12 Destination Bangkok, again
- 13 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 14 Travel during China national week?
- 15 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 16 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 17 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 18 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 19 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 20 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 21 Angkor - when to go?
- 22 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 23 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 24 India with 4 kids
- 25 And there goes the neighborhood........