My wife and I will be doing a 12 day trip to Korea and Japan. We will be visitng Seoul , Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe and Kyoto. This is the first trip abroad where we will not be speaking the local language. We speak mandarin and English. We generally dislike tours but I was thinking about hiring a private guide for perhaps a few of the days. Just wondering based on others experiences if language will be an issue with transportation, going to the local food joints, ordering etc. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 2 Terracotta Warriors
- 3 hiking japan sept
- 4 Japan Itinerary!
- 5 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 6 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 7 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 8 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 9 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 10 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 11 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 12 Japan rough itinerary
- 13 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 14 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 15 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 16 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 17 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 18 shanghai for 4 days
- 19 Budget Servied Apt
- 20 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 21 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 23 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 24 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 25 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...