My wife and I will be doing a 12 day trip to Korea and Japan. We will be visitng Seoul , Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe and Kyoto. This is the first trip abroad where we will not be speaking the local language. We speak mandarin and English. We generally dislike tours but I was thinking about hiring a private guide for perhaps a few of the days. Just wondering based on others experiences if language will be an issue with transportation, going to the local food joints, ordering etc. Thank you!
Question on korea/japan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 2 Places to visit in India in October
- 3 Two questions about Thailand
- 4 50+ travelling solo in Vietnam - where to stay in Hanoi
- 5 Six hours in Seoul, Korea
- 6 china
- 7 Sri Lanka trip Sept 2014
- 8 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 9 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 10 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 11 Mid Dec trip - Trying to plan alone **Feedback please****
- 12 Sapphire princess cruise from Singapore
- 13 THAILAND** Redone based on feedback dropped agent trying to do it myself
- 14 New airport in Mumbai
- 15 Advice me to select saving plans in terms of free roaming
- 16 South East Asia
- 17 Driving in Laos
- 18 One week in Tokyo
- 19 Agent to book domestic Nepal flights
- 20 Ideal itereneray for Nepal
- 21 Where to next after watching Nanjing 2014 YOG
- 22 Overnight layover/transit in PEK or Shanghai WITHOUT a visa?
- 23 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 24 5 days booked in Ubud - would you spend one at the Writer's festival?
- 25 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions