My wife and I will be doing a 12 day trip to Korea and Japan. We will be visitng Seoul , Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe and Kyoto. This is the first trip abroad where we will not be speaking the local language. We speak mandarin and English. We generally dislike tours but I was thinking about hiring a private guide for perhaps a few of the days. Just wondering based on others experiences if language will be an issue with transportation, going to the local food joints, ordering etc. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 2 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 3 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 4 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 5 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 6 Touristy Thailand
- 7 New Years in Japan
- 8 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 9 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 10 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 11 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 12 Myanmar tour companies
- 13 Help with 2 week Thailand itinerary
- 14 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 15 A Victory Day Tour
- 16 3 weeks in Japan
- 17 16 hour layover in Indonesia; what to do?
- 18 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 19 Kinosake Onsen Ryokan
- 20 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 21 One Visa for multiple countries?
- 22 Procuring Letter of Invitation from Kazakhastan for Visa
- 23 Memories: Astana, Expo 2017
- 24 A first time for everything in Japan
- 25 EF tours fired incompetent tour guide